Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-24-2013   #41
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck
Default Re: 2014 Texans Opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
There's a new one. How do you have a rival in a different league?
I don't if you were around in those days, but the AFL-NFL was a big rivalry.
Old 12-24-2013   #42
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
But the Oiler's/ Cowboys weren't one in any sense. Most of the bad blood came along with Jerrah
Old 12-24-2013   #43
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
The leagues were rivals, not the individual teams who never played each other. Yes I was around for the merger and grew up in Dallas. Houston was never even discussed in passing as a rival. People either ignored the Oilers or rooted for them as the other Texas team (which is what I did).

In 44 seasons the Cowboys have only played the Oilers/Titans 13 times. If you want an AFC Cowboys rival it is the Steelers as two franchises fighting for the SB who even in different conferences have played 31 times, 3 times in the SB.
Old 12-25-2013   #44
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 38966 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Texans, Cowboys and Saints are in a very tight triangle. Atlanta is closer to that triangle (and is more southern) than KC or Denver.
But KC is in the same time zone...

Texans, Cowboys, Saints and Chiefs sounds great to me.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013   #45
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Lot of you guys just live to play the Cowboys every 4 years don't you ? Is it really that important to you to impress them ?
No it is important to crush them.

Too many years of getting them shoved down our throats and how good they are and how many Super Bowls they have won. Too many cowboys fans in Houston and too many times of having to watch them on local TV instead of a good matchup. Too much of Jerry Jones.
Old 12-25-2013   #46
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
No it is important to crush them.

Too many years of getting them shoved down our throats and how good they are and how many Super Bowls they have won. Too many cowboys fans in Houston and too many times of having to watch them on local TV instead of a good matchup. Too much of Jerry Jones.
Exactly.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013   #47
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Texans Opponents

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
We aren't playing on Sunday night coming off a 2-14 season.

Yep. We can forget about Sunday night/Monday night prime time and/or national games for the next few years. Thanks, Kubiak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2013   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Yep. We can forget about Sunday night/Monday night prime time and/or national games for the next few years. Thanks, Kubiak.

Personally, I prefer us playing at noon on Sundays. That way I'm in my zone. The prime time and late games screw me up.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013   #49
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I prefer us playing at noon on Sundays. That way I'm in my zone. The prime time and late games screw me up.

The prime time games are a blast. Always a lot of fun (until Kubiak's lack of preparation screwed things up...)

houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #50
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 2014 NFL schedule won't come out until the middle or late part of April. But each team knows it's respective home and road opponents. Thanks to the Texans' media relations department, below is a table showing the 2013 records of the teams Houston will face next season...

...chart...

Some key takeaways: by virtue of their NFL-worst 2-14 record last season, the Texans will get the last-place teams from the AFC West and the AFC East. They're locked into playing their AFC South rivals at home and away, and they'll also play a pair of AFC North and NFC East teams at home. They'll play the other teams from the latter two divisions on the road as well.
So that means they'll face just one playoff team, the Colts, on the road next season.

They'll host three playoff teams in the Eagles, Bengals and Colts.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-d0448a0f94a7
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #51
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

It all depends on how the new roster develops and how quickly new players contribute. We could have new guys at QB, Nose, ILB, LG, RT, DE and maybe RB game one.
Old 01-29-2014   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
It all depends on how the new roster develops and how quickly new players contribute. We could have new guys at QB, Nose, ILB, LG, RT, DE and maybe RB game one.
Definitely a big part of it. However, the crux is that we're going to be playing several teams with issues as real as ours. Only one play-off team & that team is in our division...

I don't think McNair is too far off thinking we could rebound in 2014. We could very likely have 12 wins & not one "quality" win.

I don't think we're going 12-4, but 9-7 would have got us in the play-offs in 2013 (we beat San Diego head to head).
Old 01-29-2014   #53
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
HOME OPPONENTS (overall record / road record)
NFC East
Eagles*. . . . . . 10-6 / 6-2
Redskins . . . . . 3-13 / 1-7
AFC North
Ravens . . . . . . 8-8 / 2-6
Bengals* . . . . .11-5 / 3-5
AFC East
Bills . . . . . . .6-10 / 2-6
AFC South
Colts*. . . . . . .11-5 / 6-2
Jaguars . . . . . .4-12 / 1-7
Titans. . . . . . . 7-9 / 3-5

ROAD OPPONENTS
NFC East
Cowboys . . . . . . 8-8 / 5-3
Giants. . . . . . . 7-9 / 4-4
AFC North
Browns. . . . . . .4-12 / 3-5
Steelers. . . . . . 8-8 / 5-3
AFC West
Raiders . . . . . .4-12 / 3-5
AFC South
Colts*. . . . . . .11-5 / 6-2
Jaguars . . . . . .4-12 / 1-7
Titans. . . . . . . 7-9 / 3-5
As long as we beat the Cowpies
...hey, didn't we play them up there the last time...?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #54
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
As long as we beat the Cowpies
...hey, didn't we play them up there the last time...?
No. The first game, Texans inaugural we lost 19-10, 19-10, 19-10 back when Quincey Carter was QB and our team was worse than it is now. In 2006 we won in Dallas 34-6 with Drew Bledsoe as QB, and Romo came in in the 4th quarter. In 2010 9/26 we played in Houston and won 27-13 in the stadium and got the crap beat out of us in the parking lot which was the origin of the new tailgating rules. This year the game is back in Dallas and I would like to see a prime time Thursday night game. I think the Texans are due for another win, perhaps it will be this season.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #55
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 7152 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be making the trip to Ol met life

Your man... Pots and pans
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #56
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
No. The first game, Texans inaugural we lost 19-10, 19-10, 19-10 back when Quincey Carter was QB and our team was worse than it is now. In 2006 we won in Dallas 34-6 with Drew Bledsoe as QB, and Romo came in in the 4th quarter. In 2010 9/26 we played in Houston and won 27-13 in the stadium and got the crap beat out of us in the parking lot which was the origin of the new tailgating rules. This year the game is back in Dallas and I would like to see a prime time Thursday night game. I think the Texans are due for another win, perhaps it will be this season.
Didn't we win the first game against Dallas 19-10?

NVM - forgot you are a Cowgirls fan.
Old 01-29-2014   #57
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just think we play Baltimore next year, there offensive coordinator is Kub.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014   #58
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Didn't we win the first game against Dallas 19-10?

NVM - forgot you are a Cowgirls fan.
Yeah.

That.

Kinda bothered me.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read