Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2013   #1
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Future X-Texans Destinations

This is pure speculation on many levels but figured it might be a fun break from the norm. So where do the future X-Texans end up in the 2014 season? Get out your magic 8 ball, crystal ball or tarot cards.

Matt Schaub
-Reason he'll be an X: Even with the huge dead money hit, his release will save cap money that could be used to sign a few decent players.
-Where he'll end up: I started out with the hardest one. I think a team like the Raiders could take him for veteran leadership but most likely only as a backup or in a QB competition.

Ben Tate
-Reason he'll be an X: UFA. I don't think the team releases Foster, Tate will cost too much & Dennis Johnson has show some promise.
-Where he'll end up: Whoever pays the most. My guess is the rumored Cleveland.

Antonio Smith
-Reason he'll be an X: UFA
-Where he'll end up: Returning to the Texans is possible but I think he'll get a large offer from someone like the Jets.

Joe Marciano
-Reason he'll be an X: Failure to adjust blocking schemes after the wedge rules has led to terrible special teams play. Kick off returners don't know when to take a knee.
-Where he'll end up: Retired or in a college program if not.

Wade Phillips
-Reason he'll be an X: He's a good, not great DC that's been exposed against the top teams. His system is rigid and he's either too stubborn or incapable of changing it.
-Where he'll end up: Retired

Gary Kubiak
-Reason he'll be an X: It's time. Patience runs out eventually. He's never done anything to seem like he can't be replaced by equal or better coaching.
-Where he'll end up: OC at either the Titans or Jags. I think he might take 2014 off first though.

Rick Smith
-Reason he'll be an X: His drafts have been average at best. His player retention has been terrible.
-Where he'll end up: He'll be the GM of the...Houston Texans.

Exascor does not make any claims to knowledge of any future events. This list is not intended to be all inclusive. Consult your doctor if you have itching, swelling or diarrhea after making future predictions. Pregnant woman or woman who are breastfeeding shouldn't attempt to make future predictions. Never make future predictions without consulting your doctor first. Don't make future predictions while your team is playing live as certain side effects may occur like high blood pressure, nose bleeds or upset stomachs. Everyone making future predictions will die sometime in the future so make future predictions at your own risk.
Old 12-03-2013   #2
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Future X-Texans Destinations

Add Owen Daniels to that list.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #3
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
I can see him signing with the Packers. Fits their character mold, they need a TE, and he went to Wisconsin.
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #4
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully Brice McCain. D Man even though I like him, prolly J Jo.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Bandwagon Fans
-Reason they'll be an X: The Texans had a very poor season and it was not fun cheering for them.
-Where they'll end up: Seattle Seahawks fans

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub back to ATL to back up Ryan is very possible....or whatever team hires Kubiak as their OC or QB coach.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #7
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
I can see him signing with the Packers. Fits their character mold, they need a TE, and he went to Wisconsin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Hopefully Brice McCain. D Man even though I like him, prolly J Jo.
I was looking at the depth chart this morning to see what kind of turnover I expected from the roster. On my own projections, I had 13 (7 offense, 5 defense, 1 ST) key contributing positions that would likely need to be filled either through draft, FA, or promoting a previously non-key contributing player to that position.

And I didn't account for Owen Daniels or Danieal Manning (or JJo, who I doubt will be cut). If those two are indeed cut, that'll be 15 new players in key contributing positions that need to be filled in the offseason. Don't see how people are expecting Kansas City levels of revival next season from these Texans.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
I was looking at the depth chart this morning to see what kind of turnover I expected from the roster. On my own projections, I had 13 (7 offense, 5 defense, 1 ST) key contributing positions that would likely need to be filled either through draft, FA, or promoting a previously non-key contributing player to that position.

And I didn't account for Owen Daniels or Danieal Manning (or JJo, who I doubt will be cut). If those two are indeed cut, that'll be 15 new players in key contributing positions that need to be filled in the offseason. Don't see how people are expecting Kansas City levels of revival next season from these Texans.
What's your list and people can better comment.

People like McCain, Bullock, Mays, Sharpton, Newton are easy to replace.
Old 12-03-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Schrub will end up on a golf course spending his millions .... Joe Marciano will end up in an old folks home because he's diagnosed with Alzheimer's ... no wonder the Texans ST sucked so bad.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Schrub will end up on a golf course spending his millions .... Joe Marciano will end up in an old folks home because he's diagnosed with Alzheimer's ... no wonder the Texans ST sucked so bad.
No way man, Matt Schaub will get another job, but it will be holding a clipboard for a better QB. Us Texans fans are gonna have to get used to the sight of him holding that clipboard for some other successful franchise, and watch as he wins rings from the sideline. I'm sure his clipboard holding skills will rival that of clipboard HOFer David Carr.
Old 12-03-2013   #11
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

No JJ Watt?

Old 12-03-2013   #12
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 17470 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

Release Daniels, get the cap savings. Resign Graham (won't cost much) has Griffin as TE2, draft another TE in rounds 4-7.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #13
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What's your list and people can better comment.

People like McCain, Bullock, Mays, Sharpton, Newton are easy to replace.
I've got questions marks where the following players who I think are likely to have different starters next season:

Case Keenum - I think he's still on the roster, not as QB1
Ben Tate - With Arian's injury concerns, RB2 is a huge hole
Greg Jones - Possibly a re-sign
Keyshawn Martin - Possibly replaced by Devier Posey
Garrett Graham - Probably re-signed
Wade Smith - I could see Ben Jones taking this spot, but Jones has done nothing that gives me any confidence
Derek Newton - Please let this be the last year of Newton at RT
Antonio Smith - Someone will pay him more than the Texans will offer (and make the same mistake we did)
Earl Mitchell - J.A.G. Easy to replace his numbers, but that's not too hard given his lack of production
Brooks Reed - See Derek Newton
Darryl Sharpton - See Earl Mitchell
Brice McCain - See Brooks Reed
Randy Bullock - On the fence here

Thoughts? Am I blowing it up too much (granted, not much to be blown up)?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #14
Linca
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Linca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respectedLinca is a quality contributor and well respected

I see most of our team working at McDonalds next year, but quite frankly they are under qualified.
Linca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Cushing, (irrespective of being under contract) will be an eventual New York Football Giant.
Old 12-05-2013   #16
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 8368 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Brian Cushing, (irrespective of being under contract) will be an eventual New York Football Giant.
Because hes from Jersey? He grew up a Cowboy fan, he'll up there
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read