Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Score Prediction: Houston at Jacksonville

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Thursday Night Football at its finest.

Let's see, I'll try and make this short and sweet and give my reasoning.

They beat us 13-6 in Houston not too long ago. Even though I think we can play much better offensively, as seen today against New England, I don't like the way our offense matches up against their opportunistic defense. The Jaguars defense has nine sacks in their last four games and they have an impressive 3-1 record in that time.

Just a total team effort and relentless pass rush they've been able to generate from what I've seen out of them in recent weeks. Guys like Jason Babin, Paul Posluszny, Russell Allen and Geno Hayes seem to fly around the field. And I thought their entire defensive line man-handled our offensive line in that last game at Reliant Stadium. That young safety they have Johnathan Cyprien hits like a truck.

I also see Chad Henne, Cecil Shorts and Maurice Jones-Drew all having monster games against our struggling defense. In fact, Maurice Jones-Drew had arguably his best game of the season against the Texans a couple Sundays ago. 14 carries for 84 yards (6.0) with 1 TD and 6 catches for 60 yards (10.0). There is no reason to think our defense can perform any better on Thursday Night.

Josh Scobee is one of the better kickers in the league as well.
Factoring all of this into my score prediction, non-bias of course.

It pains me to write this but I have to give my honest opinion...

Jaguars 27, Texans 13

I think we'll put up a fight for a half but the roar of the red-hot Jags at EverBank Field and in front of their fans, it's going to be too much for us to overcome. We are not a good road team and this is a primetime game on the NFL Network. And as I mentioned before, the Jaguars are 3-1 in their last 4 games with quality wins over the Browns, Texans and Titans.

Our consolation prize: The first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft
At least it's a short week and we don't have to wait long for this loss.

So anyways, go ahead and discuss. At this point does anybody really think we can win?

Jags will be pooped after their win in Cleveland on Sunday.

Texans finally get off the schneid, 20-16.
I actually believe the Texans will be the team hurt the most by a short work week. They played so hard today against the Patriots. I was proud that they finally put in a decent 60 minutes of football. But I doubt they can do it for two weeks in a row especially having to travel and play in a hostile environment.

The only optimistic feeling I have is that the Jaguars are winless at home this season. But that could also be a bad thing for the Texans as well. The Jaguars are riding high off two straight road wins and three in their last four games, that they will probably be extra motivated to win their first game of the season on their home field.

Just the matchups it comes down to in my eyes. I know what both teams can do and the Jaguars are simply the better football team right now. There's a reason why they are 3-9 and we are 2-10, with them already beating us a couple Sundays ago. This is common sense I'm using here. I am not overthinking this or being a homer for a change.

What you're saying sounds perfectly logical.

But after following the NFL closely for nearly 40 years, I've learned that logic often doesn't apply.

Kind of like the Texans losing a close one to the Patriots.

With the Jacksonville win today, the Texans can win this and still have the first pick.... I hope they win. I'm just tired of losing. It's really ****ing up my sundays. I don't even feel like watching football after the Texans lose.

I think we .................. LOSE

maybe if matt schaub was starting we would blow the jags out matt has made a career of killing bad teams its the good teams that give him fits but yeah hes not

Texans win a meaningless game, Keenum finally gets to put a notch on his belt.

Texans 30
Kittens with Ugly Helmets 27

Texans favorite 2.5 points Thursday Night. Jags are horrible at home! I will be there. I hope, I'm not leaving at the 3rd quarter, like the last 2 years!

Texans favorite 2.5 points Thursday Night. Jags are horrible at home! I will be there. I hope, I'm not leaving at the 3rd quarter, like the last 2 years!

I get the feeling we beat the Jags too. Short weeks are always weird though and the Pats are GODAWFUL at stopping the run since Wilfork and Mayo have been out. If the Texans offense has confidence it can run on Jacksonville, and then does, I don't think the Jags would be able to crawl out of a hole. So we'll see.

As for the defense, unless they create some turnovers that lead to some short fields, or at least perform as well as they did at home, then it's going to be a tank job by the Texans.

SCORE:

Texans: Frustration
Jaguars: Sorrow

not as horrible as the Texans on the road....

Look, I think we can all agree we are both horrible. The question is, who is less horrible? I truly think the Jags are more horrible than we are but have been playing less horrible than they should be. We have been playing just horrible enough to lose. Will this continue? I hope so but let's let this thing play out in prime time and settle this horrible debate once and for all. :koolaid:

Texans win 4-3 in a 6 hour slap fight.
purse.gif

Pick 'em. But to come off the fence and hazard a guess:
Houston 33
Jugsonville 30

Say anyone, what's the radio station for the Texans? I'll be on 59 coming back to Houston from Lufkin when the game starts.

As I thought before the Raiders and first Jags games, I don't see how the Texans can lose this game. They played decently last week, weak opponent, team pride has to kick in sometime (right???????), etc.

That being said, I won't be surprised if they do show me how they can lose this game.

As I thought before the Raiders and first Jags games, I don't see how the Texans can lose this game. They played decently last week, weak opponent, team pride has to kick in sometime (right???????), etc.

That being said, I won't be surprised if they do show me how they can lose this game.

If we DO lose this game, I'm going to start seriously thinking that I'm wrong and that they're following the Evil Uncle Rico path of Le Tanque.

If that's the case and this really is some sort of strategic move, then I won't be surprised if McNair does keep at least Rick Smith and possibly even the entire coaching staff.

The Texans have lost both games in one season to the Jags two times - 2005 & 2009.

The Jags were 12-4 in 2005 and 7- 9 in 2009.

The Texans will likely lose tomorrow night's game by two scores. The funny thing is the Texans are -3 and small road favorites according to Vegas Insider. I have no clue why on earth the Texans are favored in this game. When I break down the matchups, position by position, I just don't see many areas the Texans have the advantage. The Jaguars are the better team right now and playing some good football lately, winning three of their last four games. We haven't won a game since Week 2 and there's a reason for that.

I've been predicting losses all season.

That won't change this week.

Our defensive scheme is week, so even if the offense gets it rolling I think the jags will out score us and make timely plays that we never make.

31-30 jags.

Don't know who'll win but I'm certain the combined score will be slightly higher than the fan attendance at the game.

The Texans have lost both games in one season to the Jags two times - 2005 & 2009.

The Jags were 12-4 in 2005 and 7- 9 in 2009.

That would put the Texans right on course to lose to the Jags twice in 2013.

Jags 3 Texans 2. Defense comes up big with a safety but the jags pull it out at the end of regulation with a field goal.:kitten:

I'm all for the Texans bow for the #1 pick.

If the Texans are finally itching to win a game for a change, why not wait until you play the Colts and prove to the fans once and for all that it can be done in Indy!!!!

The Texans surprised me and scored an extra Touchdown on that one Matt Schaub drive. I was expecting Case Keenum to play the entire game. Had he done so it probably would have been a 27-13 Jaguars win, and I'd have hit the nail on the head with my score prediction.

Back