Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-03-2013   #21
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69048 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Has Wilson claimed young QB crown?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Wilson looks great, but that defense is a monster. I think it's too early to "crown" any of these young guys right now. Just about all of them would benefit from that Seahawks D. Their secondary is the best in the league and makes it tough for any QB, even a guy like Brees.

I think the Seahawks will represent the NFC in New York if they keep playing at the level they're at right now. The only things that could slow them down is injuries and beating themselves with mistakes, but I do not see any team in the NFC winning a January game in Seattle.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-in-the-game

I will never understand how the hell Richard Sherman fell to the 5th round. So did Sherman, who has played angry basically since then...

Some of those guys who got drafted [ahead of me], I was like, 'Wow, this is ridiculous.' I thought, 'What's the point of playing good ball if it doesn't matter?' By the time the fifth round rolled around, the damage was done. I was like, 'When I get to the NFL, I'm gonna destroy the league, as soon as they give me the chance.' And that's what I've been doing ever since.

5th rounder. Man.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good read on Sherman, toronto. I did not know his history as a WR, but it makes sense when you see him play the ball and he's got great hands.

Dude with that kind of talent and a chip on his shoulder about the draft is dangerous. I've heard a lot of chatter from him, but he backs all of it up. That's playing a mind game, too, which feeds into the game on the field.
Old 12-03-2013   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Good read on Sherman, toronto. I did not know his history as a WR, but it makes sense when you see him play the ball and he's got great hands.

Dude with that kind of talent and a chip on his shoulder about the draft is dangerous. I've heard a lot of chatter from him, but he backs all of it up. That's playing a mind game, too, which feeds into the game on the field.
All true but he has got to control that chip. He is about to be hit with a hefty fine for a flagrant and unnecessary cheap shot.
Old 12-03-2013   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, you're the GM of QB needy Team X and you get to choose between Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Who's taking whom?
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Okay, you're the GM of QB needy Team X and you get to choose between Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck. Who's taking whom?
Russell Wilson is my favorite QB to watch, and probably the 2nd QB I'd take if I were GM in a redraft behind Rodgers. I have said for some time now that he'll end up being the second best QB from that draft class behind Luck, but damn if he isn't making a case for the best.
Old 12-03-2013   #26
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd put both names in a hat and draw one.
Old 12-04-2013   #27
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Luck. Dude has already shown that he has the intangible "clutch factor", which is something a player either has or does not have. It cannot be coached up.

Not dissing Wilson, but Luck is extremely intelligent (valedictorian at Stanford). Smarts is another one of those highly valued traits at QB.

And while Wilson does not seem to have a problem with height, let's be honest about it. A 6'4" QB with a good arm is going to have a natural advantage over a 5'11" guy.

And growing up with a father who played NFL QB is something that you cannot exclude from the big picture. It's in his DNA.

Don't get me wrong, I like Wilson, but based on your specific question, I'd take Luck.
Old 12-04-2013   #28
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love Wilson, but I'm talking Luck every time.

Keep in mind that Wilson has the best defense in the league behind him and a great running game to support him. Luck has neither.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read