Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-30-2013   #61
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
He runs high too, that's a big target for an NFL safety running full speed to lay the wood.
I was listening to someone, maybe Mike Mayock, and it was either last year or the year before when evaluating QBs he said something along the lines of "I've seen a lot of young running QBs enter the league, but I don't see many of them leave the league old".

Basically, these guys' career's don't last. The only guy I can see breaking that rule is Cam because he's built like a tank. But even then, the biggest trees fall the hardest. Either way, this dude is fast as hell. If you could get 4 years out of him it might be enough for 1 ship. This dude is gonna be tough to stop in the NFL if his passing game steps up.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
He runs high too, that's a big target for an NFL safety running full speed to lay the wood.
I think he'd make a great Safety.
Old 12-30-2013   #63
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Mariota looks like his leg is about to turn into concrete. Dude definitely needs another year at Oregon.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #64
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
I was listening to someone, maybe Mike Mayock, and it was either last year or the year before when evaluating QBs he said something along the lines of "I've seen a lot of young running QBs enter the league, but I don't see many of them leave the league old".

Basically, these guys' career's don't last. The only guy I can see breaking that rule is Cam because he's built like a tank. But even then, the biggest trees fall the hardest. Either way, this dude is fast as hell. If you could get 4 years out of him it might be enough for 1 ship. This dude is gonna be tough to stop in the NFL if his passing game steps up.
Yup. Have you ever stood next to a chiseled NFL defender? I imagine getting hit by them doesn't tickle and a lot of young guys question their career choice after a couple of snot bubble inducing shots
Old 12-30-2013   #65
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup. Have you ever stood next to a chiseled NFL defender? I imagine getting hit by them doesn't tickle and a lot of young guys question their career choice after a couple of snot bubble inducing shots
Living in Houston for a while now, I've had the pleasure of having an Adrian Peterson sighting. I'm not short (6'0"), but AP literally towered over me and ESPN has him listed at just 6'1".

He also turned my hand into jello when he shook it. AP is about as jacked as a strong safety I imagine, and I would have hated if he hit me full speed. So I can imagine what you're referring to and don't think I would choose a career path where I constantly put myself into those type guys line of sight.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #66
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28117 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mariota Reconsiders Entering the Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
That article is from over a week ago and he's already reiterated that's he's staying since.
You mean like Mack reiterating he was staying on as the HC at Texas? His answers will depend on who is asking the question and what he believes they want to hear. He's a politician.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #67
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
LOL saying there would be 4 or 5 better QBs other than Teddy B in next year's draft is flat out ignorant.
First off, I said that he would be the 4th or 5th best, which means that 3 or 4 QBs would be better than him. The inability to parse that statement correctly would more aptly be termed as ignorance. As for the 3 or 4 QBs that I would put above him from next year's draft:

Winston
Hundley
Mariota
Bortles

Obviously, one or two of those may declare eligible, so the number is flexible. You may disagree with putting any one of those QBs ahead of Bridgewater, and that's fine. But a contrary opinion is not ignorant.

Hell, I may even like Petty better by the time another season has been played.
Old 12-30-2013   #68
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
You mean like Mack reiterating he was staying on as the HC at Texas? His answers will depend on who is asking the question and what he believes they want to hear. He's a politician.
i guess you didn't read that the decision was made for Mack....but yes, he could ultimately change his mind. there are no indications that he will and for his sake, he shouldn't.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013   #69
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Spitting out that X amount of players would be better than the best QB prospect in this draft is a subjective comment based on YOUR opinion and trying to pass it off as a fact is funny and just exposes you for the joke you are, so save your English class jargon and stop humiliating yourself.
Old 12-30-2013   #70
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Brown View Post
I think he'd make a great Safety.
Fify
Old 12-30-2013   #71
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208658 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignorance

Spitting out that X amount of players would be better than the best QB prospect in this draft is a subjective comment based on YOUR opinion and trying to pass it off as a fact is funny and just exposes you for the joke you are, so save your English class jargon and stop humiliating yourself.
So read again what I posted here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
But a contrary opinion is not ignorant.
And tell me that you have a basic understanding of the English language.
Old 12-31-2013   #72
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013   #73
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you ready for...

INTERNET GIRL FIGHT NIGHT!!!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read