Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 505520 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shane Ray cited

Brandon Kiley @BBSportsTalk
Quote:
SCOOP: Missouri OLB and NFL Draft hopeful Shane Ray cited for possession of marijuana this morning in Cooper County, MO. http://t.co/iUOtxrxY8X http://t.co/hpEIBYWoql
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107034 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Ray cited

Terrible news for Ray, his mom & family. Hope he learns from his mistake.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 422222 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well, he was smart enough not to get popped at the combine.
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171345 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not Texans worthy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107034 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, he was smart enough not to get popped at the combine.
But three days before the draft?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 281538 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 113805 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
It's a risk that he took, sure, but I don't think it's as egregious as showing up to a known piss test hot.

On a lighter note, he got busted by F Troop. Dur da durr ...
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 328912 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollywhopper View Post
It's a risk that he took, sure, but I don't think it's as egregious as showing up to a known piss test hot.
It's not good. At least Gregory has had a couple of months to explain himself and beg forgiveness. This is fresh on teams minds when thinking about Ray. Combine that with his foot issue and it's bound to hurt him on Thursday. I still like Ray better as a player. But I think he brings too many red flags to draft him at #16.
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
Seegara
All Pro

Rep Power: 13829 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me be clear about this: I have no objection if a guy wants to puff on a little weed. I do object to my players doing something that's going to get them suspended for 4 games. And I wouldn't want somebody stupid and undisciplined enough to get caught such a short time before the draft.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 20757 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the first time Ray has been caught in anything weed-related, eh? Of the two I still prefer Gregory, but a major knock against him is that he's already in stage one of the NFL drug program.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Rep Power: 113805 Mollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respectedMollywhopper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
It's not good. At least Gregory has had a couple of months to explain himself and beg forgiveness. This is fresh on teams minds when thinking about Ray. Combine that with his foot issue and it's bound to hurt him on Thursday. I still like Ray better as a player. But I think he brings too many red flags to draft him at #16.
Time away from the incident doesn't change the blatant disregard for the situation with Gregory. But he'll get his second chance, which is only fair. This thing with Ray though could happen to any number of the likely high percentage of players who smoke pot. Now he'll have to own up to perhaps a year of probation. I agree it's not good. I just don't see it as a recidivist type concern. Could be wrong though, but he seems pretty together in interviews and whatnot. I still rate him as a playmaker that could make a difference for our ballclub and a potential #16.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 37938 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, heck yeah!!! I didn't want him on the Texans and KNEW he was going to be a Texan.

Those making light of this, watch what happens Thursday. You got 3 days not to be an idiot and you decided to be one anyway. You are going to drop on several boards I bet. If it's illegal, you got a crew, you're about to make millions, you send your crew out to bring it to you.

So happy right now. See ya Shane. Won't be shocked when he's a Cowboy or Patriot. Stoked!!!
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66850 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yea can you believe it 3 days from the first real payday of his life which would have been the time to go out and get high and celebrate. Couldn't wait just 3 more days ? Wow !
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
AngryNateFTW
Veteran

Rep Power: 28923 AngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedAngryNateFTW is a quality contributor and well respected

If he's there in the 3rd or 4th, I say draft him. We throw away our mid round picks, anyway, maybe this one will pan out Justin Houston style.
AngryNateFTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Seegara
All Pro

Rep Power: 13829 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Time away from the incident doesn't change the blatant disregard for the situation with Gregory. But he'll get his second chance, which is only fair. This thing with Ray though could happen to any number of the likely high percentage of players who smoke pot. Now he'll have to own up to perhaps a year of probation. I agree it's not good. I just don't see it as a recidivist type concern. Could be wrong though, but he seems pretty together in interviews and whatnot. I still rate him as a playmaker that could make a difference for our ballclub and a potential #16.
Same to you, Buddy. lol. When you get a bunch of former illegal substance users on your team you always have to worry about recidivism. Right?
Old 1 Week Ago   #16
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Same to you, Buddy. lol. When you get a bunch of former illegal substance users on your team you always have to worry about recidivism. Right?
Every team in the league has a bunch of players that smoke pot. So what?
Old 1 Week Ago   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 274291 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Every team in the league has a bunch of players that smoke pot. So what?
I don't care that he smoked pot, I care that he got caught

Don't want him at #16 anywho
Shouted out after the drafting of KJo
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171345 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was going to take a pot smoker in this draft it would be Gregory or DGB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
Mollywhopper
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

I agree he should have thought better of driving around with weed on him. It was clearly unwise. The judgment that's left is whether or not you think he's a candidate to repeat the offense. In listening to the kid speak he doesn't present as a malcontent, anti-authority, or entitled. I lean towards thinking he'll fly right while on probation and from now hook someone up to take care of the runaround.
Old 1 Week Ago   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 193094 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

Me neither. He only wins with speed. If he doesn't get the jump on you he is pretty easily blocked.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read