Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Games Oct 2nd ESPN

University of Central Florida versus U of H 6 pm : WR Deontay Greenberry
6'3" 200 pounds of Cougar 18 for 297 16.5 2 TDs is someone I want to know more about.
For the Knights Breshad Perriman 6'3" 214 18 for 206 25.8 avg TDs 2013: 39 for 811 21 avg. He caught winning TD over Baylor in Tostito Bowl. From a 2011 article
Quote:
The Knights kept Perriman's recruitment pretty quiet. That's how they were able to sneak in a and secure the 6-foot-2, 180-pounder with 4.4-second speed instead of some of the state's other big boys. You can bet that speed and Perriman's 36-inch vertical leap will get the attention of UCF quarterback Jeff Godfrey.

Arizona versus #2 Oregon 9:30
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Games Oct 2nd ESPN

Two 4-0 teams and the nations best QB going tonite and they only get a little blip?

Its gonna be a great game, infinitely better than Houston V UCF
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

if houston's WRs had not dropped so many passes, it would have been no contest. Houston on about 20 with less than a minute. QB runs on a broken play and leaps for end zone but ball comes out just before he crosses glass fumbling in and out of end zone. Ball goes over to UCF 17-12.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Two 4-0 teams and the nations best QB going tonite and they only get a little blip?

Its gonna be a great game, infinitely better than Houston V UCF
Oregon offers some NFL possibilities besides Mariota who is clipping along at 74% 12 avg. Arik Armstead DE 6'8" 290 is my focus.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

CB Olumu falls down in coverage but fortunately ball is over thrown. 3-0 Ariz. Armstead looks quicker than I had noticed before.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching on Time delay. It's the beginning of the second quarter and Solomon looks like the better QB prospect than Mariota so far.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

3-7 baseball score @ half. As much as I like Ifo lack of size will hurt his grade, more like in 20's not a top 15 pick. The Arizona WR towers over him @ 6'3" which is size he'll face in NFL. Not a good game for Mariota. Holding ball too long lack of accuracy & disregard protecting football. Still very athletic with superb quick release.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Now half time Oregon 7-3 in a very sloppy game. Nothing on Armstead who walked to dressing room with one shoe off.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
3-7 baseball score @ half. As much as I like Ifo lack of size will hurt his grade, more like in 20's not a top 15 pick. The Arizona WR towers over him @ 6'3" which is size he'll face in NFL. Not a good game for Mariota. Holding ball too long lack of accuracy & disregard protecting football. Still very athletic with superb quick release.
yep he just cost another TD with an interference call as he could not go up against a bigger guy at about 6 minutes left in third. I thought he had made a great play earlier this quarter but ball was not close to his opponent. Some team will pick him in first but hope it isn't Houston.

Edit: Ducks defense is missing Aric Armstead. AZ 17-14 third almost over. Correction, freshman WR literally runs over Olumu for TD. I am going to bed as I turn into a pumpkin in 4 minutes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh boy. Arizona scored again. 23-14 pending PAT, Ekpre-Olomu (sp?) turned into a punching bag on that one.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Oregon just got upset. Arizona just going to kneel it out now.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rich Rodriguez knows more about Oregon's offense than anybody on their staff. They use a lot of principles that he pretty much revolutionized. They just added the wrinkle of trying to do it at warp speed.

This is what worries me about Mariota. He didn't suck or anything, but he does not look special when they lose their schematic advantage.

I still like him a lot, but that scheme does more for him than he does for it.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Rich Rodriguez knows more about Oregon's offense than anybody on their staff. They use a lot of principles that he pretty much revolutionized. They just added the wrinkle of trying to do it at warp speed.

This is what worries me about Mariota. He didn't suck or anything, but he does not look special when they lose their schematic advantage.

I still like him a lot, but that scheme does more for him than he does for it.
Very true. However, let's keep in mind that his top 3 OT's were all out injured and Oregon was reduced to starting 2 true freshmen at the OT spots. Mariota was under siege all night long.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree that Mariota had a tough night. He should have used his legs more considering his offensive line was nonexistent. I disagree with the whole 'system QB' thing ... that moniker more aptly describes a guy who excels lacking those needed skills in a particular system. Anyone who tries to undervalue what Mariota can do isn't taking the time to really evaluate his ability.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Mariota is battle tested, remains poised, doesn't get jitters or nervous with game on the line he just battles, keeps his composure & shows much improved leadership skills. His core strength is way better, it took a 240 lb wrestler to flip him backwards using both his hands with leverage to break the ball loose with Mariota falling, spinning backwards holding it tight to his body with one hand. I believe his knee touched down, certainly his forward progress stopped yet it was ruled a fumble, game over. I've watched him develop three years now each year better than the last, he is turning into a man amongst boys & he will continue to add weight, get bigger, faster, stronger. After much consideration I would compare him now to RGIII coming out of Baylor.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I agree that Mariota had a tough night. He should have used his legs more considering his offensive line was nonexistent. I disagree with the whole 'system QB' thing ... that moniker more aptly describes a guy who excels lacking those needed skills in a particular system. Anyone who tries to undervalue what Mariota can do isn't taking the time to really evaluate his ability.
I don't mean that he is a "system QB" in the sense that the system propels him above his natural ability.

What I mean is that the system Oregon runs creates favorable matchups and wide open receivers on every passing play. When a team can get pressure with four and drop seven he has a lot of trouble finding the right guy and hitting him in a window.

That's not something he can't get better at. He just hasn't had a lot of practice at it because he hasn't had to. I think he is supremely talented but he needs a ton of work playing QB from the pocket. Most people seem to either not see that, or choose to ignore it because they love his skill set so much.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #17
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

and yet with 3 minutes to go, Mariota couldn't deliver.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
...he has a lot of trouble finding the right guy and hitting him in a window...
And that is concerning.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #19
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
and yet with 3 minutes to go, Mariota couldn't deliver.
Can't believe he fumbled that ball. I mean, his O-Line gave him no help, but you absolutely cannot fumble in that situation.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read