Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-08-2013   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2014 Pass Rush Prospects

Texans biggest need is QB so 1st pick point towards Bridgewater but HOU could trade back in 1st round or grab a pass rushers who slips down or out of 1st round. A few of these guys of course will be gone but I listed them anyway.

DE/LB Trent Murphy, Stanford

DT Nikita Whitlock, Wake Forest

DE Marcus Smith, Louisville

LB Anthony Barr, UCLA

LB Khalil Mack, Buffalo

DT/DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame

DE Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina

DE/LB Vic Beasley, Clemson

DE/OLB Scott Crichton*, Oregon State

DE/LB Michael Sam, Missouri

OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU

DE/OLB Kareem Martin,North Carolina

2nd RD = Aaron Donald, DE, Pittsburgh

3rd RD Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Ga Tech

Last edited by srrono; 12-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2014 Pass Rush Prospects

Oh WOW, the two guys I have in my in mock and who I think will be two of the best at their respective positions at rushing the passer are not even part of your list:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f.../individual/36
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Oh WOW, the two guys I have in my in mock and who I think will be two of the best at their respective positions at rushing the passer are not even part of your list:

Donald is the best interior pass rusher in the draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trevor Reilly?

Marcus Smith on that no talent Louisville team looks pretty good to me.

You listed Micheal Sam twice, do you really like him? What rd?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013   #5
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

Thanks, I'll add them
srrono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #6
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

Anthony Barr looks like manny lawson to me. His bend is not that impressive and he stays blocked a lot. I think he'll be better in coverage than he will be as a rusher.
Old 12-09-2013   #7
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Taylor Hart, DE/DT, Oregon
Old 12-09-2013   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Anthony Barr looks like manny lawson to me. His bend is not that impressive and he stays blocked a lot. I think he'll be better in coverage than he will be as a rusher.
Barr has also only played defense for two season.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #9
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Barr has also only played defense for two season.
While I can see the potential that this fact adds to Barr's resume, I find myself hoping the new Texan regime doesn't have the same fascination with these transitional players that Kubiak's had. Barr's projected to go in the top five, and deservedly so given his production over the last two seasons, but to gamble a top five pick on a player that discovered a way to utilize his athleticism for a few seasons in college is a ballsy decision for a talented team that's watching its franchise players (thinking of Dre, OD, and JJo here) begin to exit their respective primes.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
While I can see the potential that this fact adds to Barr's resume, I find myself hoping the new Texan regime doesn't have the same fascination with these transitional players that Kubiak's had. Barr's projected to go in the top five, and deservedly so given his production over the last two seasons, but to gamble a top five pick on a player that discovered a way to utilize his athleticism for a few seasons in college is a ballsy decision for a talented team that's watching its franchise players (thinking of Dre, OD, and JJo here) begin to exit their respective primes.
I seriously doubt OD will be here next year. JJ is a big if also.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read