Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2013   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

We always see price increases after a winning season.

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?

I would hope so **** they better
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #3
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer...203135227.html

Can't cut and paste bits of the story as I'm on my phone, but you reckon we'd see an nfl team do this ever?

Bayern Munich refunded every single ticket sold last season due to a lack of competition on all fronts, as they won the treble and wrapped up the league by April.

I can't imagine any nfl owner dropping ticket prices myself.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz.
Old 11-29-2013   #5
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post

Since the Texans now are one of the worst teams I think we should get a rebate for this season or a lowering of ticket prices for next year.

Only fair I think.

Reminds me of the government. Once a tax is imposed are increased it never goes away or goes down.

If enough fans walk away they might consider it. I dont think enough people will though
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #6
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember after a particularly bad year (2-14 probably) they screamed from the highest mountain they were not going to raise the prices for the next year. To see the promo's or whatever they acted like they were cutting the rice in half when all they were saying was the fan simply was not going to have to pay more.

The NFL's version of cutting the fan a break, I remember thinking. Non-profit organization my azz.

Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?
Old 11-29-2013   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? Are the teams non-profit?
Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.
Old 11-29-2013   #8
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Beats me. I would think the teams set prices and since the NFL itself is "non-profit" the teams would be as well. But I really don't know.

The teams are for profit
Old 11-29-2013   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Oky doke. Sounds right to me.
Old 11-29-2013   #10
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah the nfl being not for profit is simply a tax avoidance scheme so they can move their billions around free of charge.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #11
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be nice to take my parents to a Texans game. I've yet to even take them to an A&M game, so I gotta start somewhere -_-
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a dream

Never ever ever going to happen.

BoB's all about the $$$$ he's not going to cut into his profit to appease the fans. Regardless of the crap management/product he puts on the field.

My way of expressing my displeasure is to not buy anymore Texans gear until thins change. I started this boycott after the 2010 season. Fire them all BoB they're abject failures.

As 2012 Champs said, BoB doesn't owe the fans anything.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV.
Old 11-29-2013   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Best you can hope for is for prices to remain the same. What I used to love is how they would raise parking prices but never improve parking. No more concrete (less for the average fan, actually), no greater number of parking attendants, and no additional services. Just a straight cash grab. I think they started adding some attendants after I dropped my PSLs, though.

Honestly, 99% of you will pay whatever they demand, so no big deal. And before anyone thinks I am saying that negatively, I'm not. I want you to continue paying whatever they demand so I can watch it on TV.
They added more parking attendants after the Cowgirl game debacle. The attendants felt empowered and showed no common sense. Thing have slowly gotten back to normal.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I believe we've seen a price increase after every season, winning or not, except one.

And they did raise the prices after the 2-14 season.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #16
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Does the nfl set ticket prices or the teams? ...
Teams set prices for regular season, NFL sets prices for playoffs.
Old 11-29-2013   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, of course, not. that stadium is still sold out and largely full of Texan' fans with plenty of merchandise on. They might hold the line of price, but I would bet on price increase over anything else.
Old 11-29-2013   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quick someone call me an ambulance! I busted out laughing so hard my eyeballs fell out and I don't want to move and maybe squish them. Please tell the EMTs to tread gently when they come in. WHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-29-2013   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair will undoubtedly come up with a GIMMICK in the form of a simple change of coaching and/or player personnel and trumpet the horn with accompanied unlimited excitement promotion of such, making the world believe it will be the best thing since buttered bread........just like techniques used with the "introduction" of Obama Care. And just like Obama Care, after all is said and done, it will unmercifully affect your health (mental, if nothing more).........and your pocketbook.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Do the Texans Drop ticket prices this year?
I'm pretty much sure that there's only been one season where that hasn't
been a ticket increase irrespective of the record. Other than that, they'll be going up yet again!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read