Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2013   #21
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 23251 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pats week - Yankees go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
This would be the absolute worst time for the Texans to beat the Patriots.
That's what makes it possible
Old 11-26-2013   #22
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Bite your tongue.

We're all in for Teddy.
I thought it was "Terry".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #23
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow... looking at the predicted scores in this thread, you guys look like you're all ready to eat a bullet.

The talent is on this team. I am shocked you guys are 2-9. Coaching is a huge problem from where I sit. If you had Belichick, Andy Reid, Fisher, hell... there's a ton of guys that could get you better than where you're at.

I sure as hell wouldn't look past any team with JJ Watt.
Old 11-26-2013   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
Wow... looking at the predicted scores in this thread, you guys look like you're all ready to eat a bullet.

The talent is on this team. I am shocked you guys are 2-9. Coaching is a huge problem from where I sit. If you had Belichick, Andy Reid, Fisher, hell... there's a ton of guys that could get you better than where you're at.

Yeah, we're a mess right now. I don't think Kubiak will be back next year, but who will be is a big guessing game around here right now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #25
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Bite your tongue.

We're all in for Teddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I thought it was "Terry".

Nero spending too much time on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KAVCSU/...SIN=B004KAVCSU

Old 11-26-2013   #26
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let's test that. We will have Kubes coach your team and you let BB coach us and let's see what happens, just for this one game.

I don't know if our kids would be able to play for Belichick though, does he allow the kids to take naps as required and what are his thoughts on letting us all wear our team pajamas?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #27
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Let's test that. We will have Kubes coach your team and you let BB coach us and let's see what happens, just for this one game.

I don't know if our kids would be able to play for Belichick though, does he allow the kids to take naps as required and what are his thoughts on letting us all wear our team pajamas?
Belichick coaches your team, you guys go, what, 7-4?
Old 11-26-2013   #28
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats fans, any chance that Cierre Wood gets activated in your opinions? I know Ridley is in the dog house big time and wondering if BB might sport his Wood against us just to show our retards in the FO what's what. Glad we were able to make a point to everyone about who is "Texan worthy" and who's not. Apparently any scrub released from other teams are worthy though which is weird.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #29
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Nero spending too much time on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KAVCSU/...SIN=B004KAVCSU

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #30
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28100 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

While it may be a miracle we win Sunday, I just can't imagine the Patriots losing after that amazing game Sunday night. Y'all boo your team and they step up with 4 touchdowns. We boo our team and they call us wishy washy fans.
santo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #31
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75018 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
While it may be a miracle we win Sunday, I just can't imagine the Patriots losing after that amazing game Sunday night. Y'all boo your team and they step up with 4 touchdowns. We boo our team and they call us wishy washy fans.
A-freaking-men.
Old 11-26-2013   #32
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The problems started last year when Schaub kept playing on his previously-injured foot. Game tapes show a remarkable difference in his mechanics before and after the injury. He's never been the same quarterback. He lost his poise, but Kubiak and Schaub went on as if nothing was wrong.

We lost Glover Quin, Conner Barwin, DeMeco Ryans, and let Chris Jones slip through. The guys they drafted to fill the holes bummed out, or are on IR, like Quesenberry. Arian Foster just started to get into mid-season form before having to opt for surgery. Tate has been on and off with injuries as well.

Randy Bullock...you might as well play Russian Roulette with yourself...he's very inconsistent and lost us a game this year, and puts us on the edge of sanity every time he goes in for a field goal.

Ed Reed was a bust, but he wasn't allowed the flexibility in the defense to do what he does so well, and his attitude was suspect. Also, The Texans were not made aware of his potential hip surgery until after he was signed.

Matt Schaub gets into the worst QB funk I've ever seen and throws himself into the Pick-6 history books. Kubes keeps playing him until the team begins to question the coaches sanity, and it has all been downhill on an icy, greasy slope with a 100mph tailwind at their backs.

Oh yeah - Wade's dad, Bum Phillips died, and then our coach nearly croaks at the Colts/Texans halftime.

It has been a disastrous year, I just wonder how other teams might have survived this, because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet.

Last edited by YeaLikeRightNow; 11-26-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #33
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I dont see a scenario where the Pats DONT score on EVERY possession.
You are probably right, when it's 77 to 0, at halftime Belicheck will put in the 3rd string and take a knee the final two quarter.
Old 11-26-2013   #34
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Belichick coaches your team, you guys go, what, 7-4?
With the current injuries and TJ at the helm, probably. Without losing 5 starters just maybe one or two I'd say 9 and 2.
Old 11-26-2013   #35
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17640 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

If Chad Henne gashed this defense just imagine the inhumane treatment Brady has in store.

I for one, could do without all the patronizing bullcrap. 'Funny feeling' - 'not as bad as they seem'
Old 11-26-2013   #36
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
That's what makes it possible

This is what worries me
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #37
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
The problems started last year when Schaub kept playing on his previously-injured foot. Game tapes show a remarkable difference in his mechanics before and after the injury. He's never been the same quarterback. He lost his poise, but Kubiak and Schaub went on as if nothing was wrong.

We lost Glover Quin, Conner Barwin, DeMeco Ryans, and let Chris Jones slip through. The guys they drafted to fill the holes bummed out, or are on IR, like Quesenberry. Arian Foster just started to get into mid-season form before having to opt for surgery. Tate has been on and off with injuries as well.

Randy Bullock...you might as well play Russian Roulette with yourself...he's very inconsistent and lost us a game this year, and puts us on the edge of sanity every time he goes in for a field goal.

Ed Reed was a bust, but he wasn't allowed the flexibility in the defense to do what he does so well, and his attitude was suspect. Also, The Texans were not made aware of his potential hip surgery until after he was signed.

Matt Schaub gets into the worst QB funk I've ever seen and throws himself into the Pick-6 history books. Kubes keeps playing him until the team begins to question the coaches sanity, and it has all been downhill on an icy, greasy slope with a 100mph tailwind at their backs.

Oh yeah - Wade's dad, Bum Phillips died, and then our coach nearly croaks at the Colts/Texans halftime.

It has been a disastrous year, I just wonder how other teams might have survived this, because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel just yet.
Injuries happen. We've had the middle of our D gutted... Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Gregory. Talib is gimpy. Yet somehow, Hoodie coaches these guys up and makes them play at a very high level. Everyone has injuries.

Didn't Kubiak go from Keenum to Shaub and then back? That's a mess, and the locker room will know that the staff has no idea what they are doing.

IMO, your FO needs to cut ties with the staff and rebuild.
Old 11-26-2013   #38
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Pats fans, any chance that Cierre Wood gets activated in your opinions? I know Ridley is in the dog house big time and wondering if BB might sport his Wood against us just to show our retards in the FO what's what. Glad we were able to make a point to everyone about who is "Texan worthy" and who's not. Apparently any scrub released from other teams are worthy though which is weird.
I have not read anything that indicates Wood gets activated. If it was going to happen, it would be this week. With Ridley in the doghouse, Hoodie gets an opportunity to show everyone how much smarter he is. If the guy sucks, Hoodie will just cut him and move on
Old 11-26-2013   #39
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Texans: 31

Pats: 30

Yeah, right!
9 FG, 2 safeties?
Old 11-26-2013   #40
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Injuries happen. We've had the middle of our D gutted... Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Gregory. Talib is gimpy. Yet somehow, Hoodie coaches these guys up and makes them play at a very high level. Everyone has injuries.

Didn't Kubiak go from Keenum to Shaub and then back? That's a mess, and the locker room will know that the staff has no idea what they are doing.

IMO, your FO needs to cut ties with the staff and rebuild.

Yessiree...Kubiak played spin-the-bottle between Schaub and Keenum, which in my opinion, does only the fans any good...whomever QB you root for! I don't think the locker room has given up, but simply toned it down since nobody wants to get injured these last few games, and those wanting to leave will leave healthy. I don't blame them. They are only human.

Yes...every team has injuries, but our depth was not there to pick it up. Even backups were injured from simple practicing.

Wilfork was a huge loss for you, but you fared well in the Broncos game, once the tide turned. Your receiving corps has really picked it up since the first games of the season. Job well done on getting everyone up to the standards.

The best thing that can happen for our Texans, in my own miniscule opinion, is for them to get humiliated and further exposed of a coaching staff and FO that has left the players to bleed.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read