Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2014   #1001
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If they were going to draft JFF, why would they sign a pocket veteran? The scheme would have to fit JFF's abilities and Fitz abilities are completely different. I think if JFF were going to be drafted, they would have signed Vick, not Fitz. Frankly after his pro-day, I don't think TB is even an option at this point ... he just aint it. Now if we didnt take Bortles and he is still sitting there at 33 ... maybe.
Vick is a non-starter in many peoples' minds and is zilch in the mentoring department.

Also virtually everyone expects Manziel's success in the NFL to hinge on improving in the pocket.

No idea how you can rule out TB based on Fitz. Of the 3, TB is most similar to Fitz.
Old 03-21-2014   #1002
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Bortles is far more mobile than Schaub, and has a stronger arm.
"More than not" does not mean "Exactly Like" or "Clone LIke" or "nigh identical" or "might as well be twins" or "Schaub 2.0"

"physically" is not synonymous with "athletically"
Old 03-21-2014   #1003
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
"More than not" does not mean "Exactly Like" or "Clone LIke" or "nigh identical" or "might as well be twins" or "Schaub 2.0"

That just ABOUT covers all your bases so you should be good to go. (ABOUT does not mean "Exactly Like" or "Clone LIke" or "nigh identical" or "might as well be twins").
Old 03-21-2014   #1004
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
That just ABOUT covers all your bases so you should be good to go. (ABOUT does not mean "Exactly Like" or "Clone LIke" or "nigh identical" or "might as well be twins").
What??
Old 03-21-2014   #1005
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What??
Exactly ... to both of you.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #1006
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do know "physically" Schaub is more like Bortles than not?

& "physically" Fitzpatrick is more like Bridgewater than not?

Louisville = Hillbilly Harvard...

I think Fitz signals a swing towards Bridgewater, not Bortles.
I think Fitz siging represents nothing more than a vet QB FA desperation signing as the Texans knew they weren't keeping Schaub.
Old 03-21-2014   #1007
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Looks the part from a lesser conference and really just started appearing on the radar . He is more prospect than finished product and may sit a year .

He did win the Beef O'Brady bowl vs Bowling Green in 2012 .

Reminds me of another #1 overall pick .
Old 03-21-2014   #1008
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I think Fitz siging represents nothing more than a vet QB FA desperation signing as the Texans knew they weren't keeping Schaub.
Ryan Fitzpatrick can ball. I don't think it was a desperation signing by any means.
Old 03-21-2014   #1009
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

He can ball?!

He's not the worst player in the world or anything, but "can ball"?!?
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #1010
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Ryan Fitzpatrick can ball. I don't think it was a desperation signing by any means.
Looks more like a New England fisherman

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #1011
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wednesday, March 19th, Blake Bortles Pro Day = Thursday, March 20th, Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick = Friday, March 21st, Texans trade Matt Schaub = Thursday, May 8th, 6:00 PM CDST, with FIRST pick in 2014 NFL Draft the TEXANS select; BLAKE BORTLES, QB, UCF.
Congrats Texian, by the script we are following we will no doubt be taking Bortles with the first pick in the draft. I'm a little disappointed but oh well.
Old 03-21-2014   #1012
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Congrats Texian, by the script we are following we will no doubt be taking Bortles with the first pick in the draft. I'm a little disappointed but oh well.
Think of it as your first taste of Soy Milk. You hold your nose, drink, swallow and then you say, hey, that doesn't taste so bad after all. In due time I think you will be well pleased. Most likely right after that first GAME WINNING DRIVE.
Old 03-21-2014   #1013
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Think of it as your first taste of Soy Milk. You hold your nose, drink, swallow and then you say, hey, that doesn't taste so bad after all. In due time I think you will be well pleased. Most likely right after that first GAME WINNING DRIVE.
It is an awesome hobby, and I have you to thank for getting me into this. I guess I got spoiled since I got last years pick right in DeAndre.
Old 03-21-2014   #1014
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It is an awesome hobby, and I have you to thank for getting me into this. I guess I got spoiled since I got last years pick right in DeAndre.
It ain't over until the fat lady sing .
Old 03-21-2014   #1015
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do know "physically" Schaub is more like Bortles than not?

& "physically" Fitzpatrick is more like Bridgewater than not?

Louisville = Hillbilly Harvard...

I think Fitz signals a swing towards Bridgewater, not Bortles.
Schaub is like Bortles in the world of someone that wants to make a comparison between two people who play nothing alike. Sure, its absurd, but you are entitled to your opinion despite how silly it is. Then again you are the same guy who said that Luck and Kaepernick weren't true NFL starters so QB's is something you clearly aren't adequate at being able to see and understand.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014   #1016
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is trolling. Pretty easy to see at this point. He says stuff like this to get responses.
Old 03-21-2014   #1017
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Not me. I think he was a fantastic signing. He is a great backup to have who can help Bortles along slowly in his rookie season and a backup I hope we can keep for a while. Fitzpatrick can get hot at times and throw for a lot of yards. He just isn't a steady starter that can be good every week like most backups. Good pick up though.
Old 03-22-2014   #1018
revan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
It ain't over until the fat lady sing .
Old 03-22-2014   #1019
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
nice

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014   #1020
revan
Veteran

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read