Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-06-2014   #481
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
So Clarkson is a credible source? The same guy who charges exhorbitant amount of money to 'turn kids into stars' ? Lol. Hmmm Bortles comes from an affluent family so it does kinda make sense. A quick google on this snake venom salesman should provide some good wholesome entertainment.

Brooks, king, kiper, Mayock not credible.

Steve Clarkson is a guru. Lmao.
I don't think it would really matter who it was, if they had something positive to say about Bortles, you would find fault with that person. Your batting 1000 % so far.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #482
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post

He is probably the greatest player of all time .
Probably!
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #483
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Probably!
I thought Elway was the best QB prospect ever but Bortles takes the cake . Italian cream cake at that .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #484
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I don't think it would really matter who it was, if they had something positive to say about Bortles, you would find fault with that person. Your batting 1000 % so far.

I'll take the word of ex players and real analysts before a money hungry CFL washout anyday. I also won't throw a tantrum when someone is critical of "my guy".

Objectivity has long been lost around here. You yourself are as guilty as the next guy. We all have our bets placed, time will tell which horse wins.
Old 02-06-2014   #485
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Objectivity has long been lost around here. You yourself are as guilty as the next guy. We all have our bets placed, time will tell which horse wins.
95% of the loss of objectivity "around here" is due to the conduct and bickering of a cadre of folks who are new "around here."

I was here for the great cataclysm of the Vince Young debate and that looked like a conference of Vulcans in comparison.
Old 02-06-2014   #486
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...I also won't throw a tantrum when someone is critical of "my guy". Objectivity has long been lost around here...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #487
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
95% of the loss of objectivity "around here" is due to the conduct and bickering of a cadre of folks who are new "around here."

I was here for the great cataclysm of the Vince Young debate and that looked like a conference of Vulcans in comparison.
After a time, you may find that having Bortles is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2014   #488
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Now that's funny right there.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #489
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFTW View Post
Where did you get this info from?

Bortles biggest knock is that he is missing #2.

Mallett's biggest knock is that he is also missing #2. Also his other biggest knock is exactly what you said that I put in bold.

He was projected by Mayock as a 2nd rounder when he came out WITHOUT even factoring in his drug use and being a flat out idiot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...any-questions/

This is what he's done since:

4 passes with 1 interception http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...7/ryan-mallett

Just about EVERYONE balls out in preseason, especially against 2nd team units if they deserve to be a starter, but he barely completed over 50% of his passes and a 3/1 TD:INT ratio in the PRESEASON.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanmallett/2495443/gamelogs

Dude is a bum. I'll gladly take him on for our 4th round compensatory pick to push and rival whoever we draft, MAYBE our 4.01, but that would be really stretching it for me.

Dude has showed little improvement IMO, this coupled with his need to be paid soon, coupled with his off field antics, coupled with just being a stupid human being (from what I hear, obviously don't know him), make it really hard for me to get behind this guy.
Lets just say I trust BO'B's views on QB play more than yours. Your tearing down of all other QB's not named TB is amusing. Mallett may or may not become the Texans QB. But, yes he proved at Arkansas he can process info quickly. (Far from being a bum.) We don't know how much Mallet has progressed, he plays behind a GOAT. But Godsey/O'Brien have a good idea of Mallett's progression.

I realy don't care who the next QB of the Texans is, but I do want the trenches fixed. (Finally) I'm really looking forward to your reaction IF BO'B passes on TB. In a way I hope he trades for Mallett just to get to see your reaction to your HC disagreeing with your eval of that bum Mallett. (That would be true comedy)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #490
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

MSR
Old 02-06-2014   #491
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Repped
Old 02-06-2014   #492
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is hardly true, my first posts on this forum were met with nothing but hostility and insults from folk who have been "around here" for a good while.

It's the internet, people bicker, insult, and act like hooligans...no matter how long they have "been around". Also, its a series of tubes.
matts290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014   #493
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

What gets me is Tex and Mussop seem to be able to find good things to say about the other QB's. I think they like pulling the TB fans chains a little bit.

To some of the TB fans/worshipers, no other QB's can have good qualities. They're all bums. The TB fans cant admit that not only are the top 3 QB's close in talent. But other QB's later in the draft have just as much potential as TB.

I'm not really high on any of the QB's in this draft. But I will say I like Smith and Murray at 3-1 much more than TB/JM/BB at 1-1. I doubt many of the TB guys have ever seen Brett Smith play or watched any film on him.
Old 02-06-2014   #494
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts290 View Post
This is hardly true, my first posts on this forum were met with nothing but hostility and insults from folk who have been "around here" for a good while.

It's the internet, people bicker, insult, and act like hooligans...no matter how long they have "been around". Also, its a series of tubes.
If I was this guy I truly apologize.
Old 02-07-2014   #495
matts290
Veteran

Rep Power: 18116 matts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respectedmatts290 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

To some of the TB fans/worshipers, no other QB's can have good qualities. They're all bums. The TB fans cant admit that not only are the top 3 QB's close in talent. But other QB's later in the draft have just as much potential as TB.
I'm a "TB fan" but I also really like Johnny and Blake too, just like Teddy a little more at this point but there are still some questions I would like answered that won't be until later this month. But to say QB's later in the draft have just as much potential as Teddy at this juncture is wrong in my eyes...but I really don't like any of the guys after the big 3.

Teddy, Manziel, and Blake are in a class of their own at this point, and no QB measures up to them as prospects...hence why they are all three in industry wide discussion for the first overall pick; while guys like McCarron and Garoppolo are second day guys.
Old 02-07-2014   #496
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The response to your first post does not bear you out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I guess it would of been better IYO if he had just thrown an incomplete pass. Dam him for turning nothing into something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I think matts290 is right on this one. When I watch that play, Labhart looks open the whole time. In the NFL, Manziel takes a sack on that play, because he should have seen Labhart much sooner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
That's not at all what I got from 290's post. He pointed out 2 very viable options that Manziel had from the git go instead decided to go all circus, hop over a downed lineman, run into another one's butt then run around before getting rid of the ball. That kinda stuff just ain't gonna fly in the Big Boy League.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
That's what you got out of that?
Anyway, the comment was not directed at all newcomers and I would have thought the 95% was rather obvious hyperbole.
Old 02-07-2014   #497
matts290
Veteran

Quote:
The response to your first post does not bear you out:
Notice how I said posts, the plural tense of the word...meaning I was referring to many of my early posts and not just my first one.

My point was the internet is full of meanies regardless of how long you have been registered.
Old 02-07-2014   #498
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Notice how I said posts, the plural tense of the word...meaning I was referring to many of my early posts and not just my first one.

My point was the internet is full of meanies regardless of how long you have been registered.
Not interested in a tit for tat on this kind of thing. And generalities without specific knowledge don't trump specific knowledge. As I said above, the comment was not directed at ALL newcomers nor did it exclude misconduct by longer term members.

Have a good one.
Old 02-07-2014   #499
matts290
Veteran

Always have to get that last poke in
Old 02-07-2014   #500
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
What gets me is Tex and Mussop seem to be able to find good things to say about the other QB's. I think they like pulling the TB fans chains a little bit.

I'm not really high on any of the QB's in this draft. But I will say I like Smith and Murray at 3-1 much more than TB/JM/BB at 1-1. I doubt many of the TB guys have ever seen Brett Smith play or watched any film on him.
I prefer TB but I do like Blake Bortles and would be happy if the Texans take him. I am much more concerned with Manziel's game though. Right now I would have Manziel closer to Derek Carr than Bridgewater & Bortles. I would hope for a trade down if Manziel is the guy Houston decides to take.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read