Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-17-2014   #1
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Dak Prescott QB Missippi ST

His team is number one in the nation so I thought he deserved his own thread. Don't think he fits into the Texans current scheme with his run first mentality but wow can he run.

Some highlights...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd45BiGIYWc
Old 10-17-2014   #2
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dak Prescott QB Missippi ST

He reminds me of Tebow but with better throwing mechanics. He doesn't have the all star supersquad that Tebow had, but watching him right now he looks like a great college player, and possibly an okay NFL'er at best.
Old 10-17-2014   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll probably be a utility guy on the next level, but his leadership skills are off the charts..Love watching him play.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely has the size and skill set to be a TE at the NFL level if he can put in the work to make the switch. I don't project him as a QB.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #5
xtruroyaltyx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137288 xtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respectedxtruroyaltyx is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see anything about him that says TE.

Same thing with Tebow and same thing with Logan Thomas.

Just looks like a big athletic guy who is marginal at QB.
xtruroyaltyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Definitely has the size and skill set to be a TE at the NFL level if he can put in the work to make the switch. I don't project him as a QB.
Has he caught some passes that I've missed? I think the only QB that I've seen who could be a TE in the NFL was Andrew Luck and who the hell would want to do that?
Old 10-17-2014   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't see anything about him that says TE.

Same thing with Tebow and same thing with Logan Thomas.

Just looks like a big athletic guy who is marginal at QB.
Thomas was actually the #1 ranked TE in the country coming out of high school. He was recruited to Virginia Tech as a TE, and only switched to QB after a redshirt year out of necessity because the team needed a backup behind Tyrod Taylor.

I wouldn't have drafted Thomas to play QB but out of the three he is the most natural at the position, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Has he caught some passes that I've missed? I think the only QB that I've seen who could be a TE in the NFL was Andrew Luck and who the hell would want to do that?
He actually caught 2 TDs last year and has already caught another one this year. He actually looks pretty natural catching the ball. I'm not saying it would be a clean transition. He's never played the position. He probably has no clue how to block. But with his size and athleticism it's probably his best shot at a NFL career.
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2014   #8
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 28464 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Thomas was actually the #1 ranked TE in the country coming out of high school. He was recruited to Virginia Tech as a TE, and only switched to QB after a redshirt year out of necessity because the team needed a backup behind Tyrod Taylor.

I wouldn't have drafted Thomas to play QB but out of the three he is the most natural at the position, in my opinion.

He actually caught 2 TDs last year and has already caught another one this year. He actually looks pretty natural catching the ball. I'm not saying it would be a clean transition. He's never played the position. He probably has no clue how to block. But with his size and athleticism it's probably his best shot at a NFL career.
Are his mechanics that bad that he wont make it as an NFL QB?. I have only noticed him this year and thought he was Cam Newton'ish. But I'll take your word since you mention you saw him play last year. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-17-2014   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Are his mechanics that bad that he wont make it as an NFL QB?. I have only noticed him this year and thought he was Cam Newton'ish. But I'll take your word since you mention you saw him play last year. Thanks for the info.
He's somewhere between Newton and Tebow. Hard to tell where exactly because his offense does a great job of hiding his flaws. We won't really know until he starts doing drills and workouts with scouts and running more pro oriented stuff.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #10
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

He's 6'2" 230. He'd be a really small TE.

More like a LB or S.
Old 10-21-2014   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
He's 6'2" 230. He'd be a really small TE.

More like a LB or S.
He would be but those guys exist. He's the same size as Jordan Reed. And he's no smaller than Michael Robinson was coming out of Penn St. Plus, there's no reason to think he couldn't gain a little weight if he really did make the switch.

Who knows how accurate his college measurement is anyway. We'll have to wait til he eventually has a combine/pro day.

I still like his chances better as a FB/H Back than as a QB. Closer to Delanie Walker than a true, natural TE.
Old 10-21-2014   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
His team is number one in the nation so I thought he deserved his own thread. Don't think he fits into the Texans current scheme with his run first mentality but wow can he run.

Some highlights...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd45BiGIYWc
We have a scheme? Didn't know sucking was a scheme.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
We have a scheme? Didn't know sucking was a scheme.
more a theme

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read