Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2013   #81
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

Yeah, I'd go ahead and fire kubiak now.

It'd be beneficial to all involved. Kubiak could get some rest and the texans could officially move on.

But kubiak not being fired makes me think they are considering letting these guys play out that last year of his deal. Maybe even bring Schaub back and say this season was just a fluke. Keep wade around...try to add some instant impact players via the draft.

It makes sense to have fired kubiak already if that's what McNair intended on doing. I think he's still considering keeping him around. Maybe not Schaub so much, but I do think it's possible kubiak is back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #82
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1939 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

It'd be beneficial to all involved. Kubiak could get some rest and the texans could officially move on.

But kubiak not being fired makes me think they are considering letting these guys play out that last year of his deal. Maybe even bring Schaub back and say this season was just a fluke. Keep wade around...try to add some instant impact players via the draft.

It makes sense to have fired kubiak already if that's what McNair intended on doing. I think he's still considering keeping him around. Maybe not Schaub so much, but I do think it's possible kubiak is back.

I think the reason Kubiak hasn't been fired yet is because they don't want to keep wade around, if he's named interim head coach and wins some games do they keep him around? i don't want wade next year, not even as a defensive coordinator... maybe but no. i haven't looked at how well his defenses from the past are in getting turnovers but thats what wins you ball games... play tight in the redzone and get turnovers, maybe he gets it turned around but i don't know
Old 11-28-2013   #83
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Fine you want to stomp on your toy to show you're mad. You're still waiting 'til Christmas for a new one.

Reasons have been given, primary among them being it accomplishes nothing. We can break that down into subsets (it won't make the players better, it won't make the new coaches better, etc.) of nothing if you want to have "more reasons" but it won't change the bottom line - it accomplishes nothing.

Another is it is considered rude or demeaning. McNair like most owners is not going to do that without an upside. That isn't an aww just be nice to Kubiak thing. How prospective coaches view the handling is also a consideration.

The sum of the examples is the owners do not see the benefit of stomping their toy early just to get out juvenile frustration.
I think most of us realize that McNair is still considering Kubiak for next season. That is why Kubiak is still here and I'm sure that you are pleased about that. The best thing for the Texans would be to get rid of Kubiak's mentality. It rubs off on the players.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013   #84
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak: quarterback guru

Carries three quarterbacks on the roster after eight years of building the team.

Has no NFL ready quarterbacks on that roster.

I guess I don't believe.
Old 11-28-2013   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think most of us realize that McNair is still considering Kubiak for next season. That is why Kubiak's is still here and I'm sure that you are pleased about that. The best thing for the Texans would be to get rid of Kubiak's mentality. It rubs off on the players.
Swing and a miss. I was discussing this assuming Kubiak will be fired. Not firing him mid-season does not mean he will be kept around or is even still in consideration.
Old 11-29-2013   #86
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

In 2010, when fans were really rumbling about desire for change, McNair got ahead of it with very public statements supporting Kubiak.

The oft-quoted "ox stuck in a ditch" and "on the right track" were from that season, iirc.

This season...McNair has been very quiet. Nothing coming from him about a vote of confidence, no public mention of anything. Which leads me to believe that McNair is going to do what he has to do after the last game. Surgical strike that clears out the coaching staff. I'd be surprised if he gets rid of Rick Smith in the process. He's got to have someone that operates the team during transition and sets up the interviews.
Old 11-29-2013   #87
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 946 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any faith he had was lost when they started Schaub and were blown out by the Rams because the Defense seemed to give up for a game and the offense was as it had been for most of the games this season was pitiful.

Way too many issues like assignments given to guys that really haven't earned anything in games, out right lying to the public and media. Most of my belief in Kubiak as a head coach and powerful voice in this organization has been washed away.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2013   #88
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This season...McNair has been very quiet. Nothing coming from him about a vote of confidence, no public mention of anything. Which leads me to believe that McNair is going to do what he has to do after the last game. Surgical strike that clears out the coaching staff. I'd be surprised if he gets rid of Rick Smith in the process. He's got to have someone that operates the team during transition and sets up the interviews.
I don't know what McNair is thinking. This feels closer to 2005 than 2010. That McNair us not gettingout in front of this is troubling to me. This is about the time in the season that he brought in Reeves as a consultant. McNair to find someone besides Smith to help guide him through this. If he's under the illusion that Smithiak can fix this with more time....he's wrong.
Old 11-29-2013   #89
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Kubiak: quarterback guru

Carries three quarterbacks on the roster after eight years of building the team.

Has no NFL ready quarterbacks on that roster.

I guess I don't believe.
Another way to look at it is he took a QB that can't move, weak arm, slow release... and made him a 2 time pro-bowler that consistently passes over 4000 yards. The real question is did the FO give him enough talent at that position to work with?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #90
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Another way to look at it is he took a QB that can't move, weak arm, slow release... and made him a 2 time pro-bowler that consistently passes over 4000 yards. The real question is did the FO give him enough talent at that position to work with?
Schaub was hand picked by Kubiak. Blaming the qb problems on anyone but Kubiak is laughable.
Old 11-29-2013   #91
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72472 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
So your s suggestion is that he's had a known weak, limited quarterback for years. He catered the entire offense around hiding that quarterback's weaknesses, and he never develooed a replacement.

That doesn't sound any better to me.
Old 11-29-2013   #92
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
HELL NO.

- I want a coach who trusts his quarterback to be able to fully audible at the line of scrimmage. I want a coach who has the ability to employ a no huddle offense. Its a sad situation to see in year 2013 of the nfl where your offense cant do a no huddle, cant audible and your QB cant freely change plays at the line of scrimmage.

- I want a coach who is up to date with the rest of the nfl landscape and not on some arrogant i dont need to change my system works fine the way it is mentality.

- I want a coach who holds everybody accountable. Doesnt give exemptions to special teams coaches or lousy quarterbacks.

- I want a coach who doesnt employ draconian zero tolerance policies. This is a football team, not political office or the boy scouts. I want a coach who values athletic talent over perfect behavior. I want a coach who can give his players a second chance instead of cutting the cord as soon as they make one mistake on or off the field.

-Last but not least, i want a coach with guts, a true backbone. I guy with charisma and personality. A coach who is not afraid to go for a score before halftime ends. A coach who has the courage to look at a crucial field goal. A coach who goes for the jugular, a coach who goes for the win, not playing not to lose.
Preach it brother. You have spoken the Gospel truth when it comes to Kubiak and his "coaching."
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #93
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

BoB doesn't want to pay that last yr of Gary's contract?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #94
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny, I suspect McNair is interviewing Jon Gruden right now. I don't know if that's who I'd want, but I suspect it.

McNair came out and defended Kubiak in 2010, but he's not been doing that this year. Not yet anyway...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #95
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people act like it's their millions they're having to pay Kubiak and they really have no clue how many millions Bob really has. Hint: Bob has spent millions and millions more on race horses vs what he's paying Gary.

If you had to choose between what Bob has paid Gary vs what Bob has spent on racing, you would want the racing dollars.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013   #96
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Funny, I suspect McNair is interviewing Jon Gruden right now. I don't know if that's who I'd want, but I suspect it.

McNair came out and defended Kubiak in 2010, but he's not been doing that this year. Not yet anyway...
That's because Bob had a hold card in 2010 and Bob played that card at practice in mid December of 2010 when Bum showed up promoting Wade as the answer to the Texans Defense.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #97
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know what McNair is thinking. This feels closer to 2005 than 2010. That McNair us not gettingout in front of this is troubling to me. This is about the time in the season that he brought in Reeves as a consultant. McNair to find someone besides Smith to help guide him through this. If he's under the illusion that Smithiak can fix this with more time....he's wrong.
Agree about the 2005 vibe. Maybe no Reeves-like consultant because he's been here before?

I can see him keeping Rick Smith, who McNair most likely sees as a solid GM. So look in the Shanahan/Bronco/49er tree for potential fruit. Networks sometimes reveal clues.

I just find it hard to accept that he'd see the team playing this bad and decide to keep Kubiak.
Old 11-30-2013   #98
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree about the 2005 vibe. Maybe no Reeves-like consultant because he's been here before?

I can see him keeping Rick Smith, who McNair most likely sees as a solid GM. So look in the Shanahan/Bronco/49er tree for potential fruit. Networks sometimes reveal clues.

I just find it hard to accept that he'd see the team playing this bad and decide to keep Kubiak.
A resurrection name which has not been brought up is Steve Mariucci. WCO guy, college QB, QB coach, OC and HC college and pro. Was rumored to be interested in the San Diego Chargers job last year. If McNair believes the two biggest problems this year are QB and injuries he could be seen by McNair as slipping in easily probably without replacing Wade.
Old 11-30-2013   #99
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5488 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IMO, IF Kubiak hadn't lost the team he would be here next season. The fact he has lost this team tells me there is no way he can keep Kubiak unless McNair is a complete idiot. (I don't believe he is, maybe a bit too patient, but not an idiot.)

It's not just the fans he would anger, it would be his employees (players) as well. Unhappy employees makes for a bad business decision when your product IS your employees.
Old 11-30-2013   #100
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
A resurrection name which has not been brought up is Steve Mariucci. WCO guy, college QB, QB coach, OC and HC college and pro. Was rumored to be interested in the San Diego Chargers job last year. If McNair believes the two biggest problems this year are QB and injuries he could be seen by McNair as slipping in easily probably without replacing Wade.
He also happens to be a big supporter of Johnny Manziel.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read