Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2013   #1
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1939 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

When I watched this offense all last year i was drooling over the thought of having a mobile, fast QB when Schaub would be Schaub and thought about how amazing we could be

It seems like everyones favorite QB on here is Bridgewater, so would you guys not believe that Kubiak could turn things around and make a run for a Super Bowl in the last year of his contract with a change at QB?
acal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

A good QB would improve things. So would a good O-line. And even the best QB can't perform at their best when they are getting hit and sacked all the time.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #3
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17092 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

#8 believes.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #4
acal21
Rookie

Rep Power: 1939 acal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respectedacal21 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
A good QB would improve things. So would a good O-line. And even the best QB can't perform at their best when they are getting hit and sacked all the time.
Im not talking about this year, this year has been a complete disaster... think about last year when we were still winning games but would slow down on offense

Obviously at 2-9 there is gonna be more than one position you have to fix

Im not sure what I'm rooting for at this point, thats all
Old 11-25-2013   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm rooting for the Texans first. But also for a new GM, coaching staff, and front office staff.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91312 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not a question of "believing in Kubiak".

The season has gone to sh!t, and fans want that mental reset going into the offseason.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #7
acal21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
It's not a question of "believing in Kubiak".

The season has gone to sh!t, and fans want that mental reset going into the offseason.

I definitely understand that

Thats exactly what I need, 5 weeks early
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2013   #8
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 46887 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I routinely pointed out the problems with Kubiak last year and felt their were many problems with the team then, and still believe the same now. This team has underperformed under Kubiak, the last two seasons notwithstanding.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #9
acal21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I routinely pointed out the problems with Kubiak last year and felt their were many problems with the team then, and still believe the same now. This team has underperformed under Kubiak, the last two seasons notwithstanding.

They do underperform under Kubiak and i don't think that is something that will change as the head coach of the Texans.. if he figures it out its not going to happen here in Houston
Old 11-25-2013   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I still believe in Kubes ..... yes rick smith NO

but uhh I don't think hes making a good case for himself right now esp if we lose out

Maybbbbeee myabbbeee if we win out and show we can beat dees elite teams in Denver pats and colts and wipe out ten and jags on the road then IDK but we will see
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #11
acal21
Rookie

I honestly think if we fixed our special teams, i would have a little bit more faith in kubiak to fix this team
Old 11-25-2013   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 84230 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had one of the top running attacks in the NFL, Kubiak's offense can be potent. Doesn't change the fact that it has gotten so predictable that you can call the play beforehand and so can the defense. A better QB might change that, and fixing the offensive line would help. He's still learning to manage the game.

I think on a different team and with a different set of circumstances he may be a decent HC. But he has lost this team, and there is no going back.
Old 11-25-2013   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by acal21 View Post
When I watched this offense all last year i was drooling over the thought of having a mobile, fast QB when Schaub would be Schaub and thought about how amazing we could be

It seems like everyones favorite QB on here is Bridgewater, so would you guys not believe that Kubiak could turn things around and make a run for a Super Bowl in the last year of his contract with a change at QB?
It's not just this year for many years we have seen the following:

- getting completely outcoached
- not having his team ready for big games aka primetime
- we have only beat a bad bengals team in the playoffs, see above
- not able to deliver a good QB, even though he's supposedly a great QB coach.
- sticks with players/coaches too long.
- doesn't seem willing to adjust his style to suit his players.

Now that being said Kubiak has done a lot for this team, and he's a great person, but I just think he's not head coach material and that's ok. He'll make a great position/offensive coordinator somewhere if he can learn to adjust. I just think it's time for us to move on to get to the next level.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 175365 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kubiak as well as Schaub and rooted for them but that is over. We play down to the level of competition seemingly. We can replace MS & maybe Keenum will, but not sure about who would replace Kubiak. I am not fan of ZBS or multi TE sets. It is like when I filed for divorce, didn't care what kind of life replaced the married life I had, I just wanted a change. I am beginning to lose respect for Robert McNair.
Old 11-25-2013   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I don't think they underperformed .... I think Schaub's injury was a bigger deal than any of us could imagine and it significantly increased his limitations. Then throw in injuries to Cushing , OD and Foster .... along with pathetic play from the OL and this is what you get.

I think Keenum has played about as well as he possibly could under the circumstances and the defense .... even tho its given up points is still a good unit overall , proof being they are still leading the league in yardage allowed while being 2-9 , not producing turnovers and cant get off the field on 3rd downs as well as the offense constantly putting them back on the field.

There's a lot of talent on this team , its just lacking a QB , a RT and an impact player on defense other than that Watt guy be that a LBer or a DB .... Quarterback being the biggest issue , no matter who the coach is they aren't going to win many games with a broken down Schaub , TJ Yates or Keenum. (yes , Ive passed judgment on Keenum , he's not the solution)

Hard to say they underperformed given the circumstances.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a chance. I would have fired Kubiak already if I was McNair. It shows a loser's mentality to keep him around.

Kubiak has had a lot of years to build a team and here we are sitting at 2-9 and getting worse every game. He has lost this team, he has lost the players, and he has lost the fans. If he sticks around next year expectations will be low and we will still probably underachieve.

Kubiak has had so many strikes against him this year it's a miracle he hasn't been kicked to the curb already:
1) Predictable playcalls that have directly contributed to interceptions and pick 6s
2) Refusing to manage our special teams, resulting in the worst kicker in the NFL and atrocious return teams
3) Benching Schaub for Yates. Then benching Yates for Keenum. Then benching Keenum for Schaub. Then benching Schaub for Keenum. Wtf?
4) Sick and needs to remain in the box during games

I hate to put #4 in there, but it's a liability now. A good coach is on the field at game time. If he isn't well enough to do that, I am very sad for him -- but reality is reality.
Old 11-25-2013   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Not a chance. I would have fired Kubiak already if I was McNair. It shows a loser's mentality to keep him around.
Then I guess every owner in the league has a loser's mentality since mid-season firings are rare.
Old 11-25-2013   #18
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe in Kubiak less than I believe in Schaub because Kubiak still believed in Schaub. I wish it had worked out for Kubiak here especially because he's a Houstonian. I thought he was a solid HC but everything got away from him and he's crashed and burned in houston.
Old 11-25-2013   #19
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe in Kubiak, Smith, Schaub, and Phillips is on thin ice to me.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I believed in Kubes too long. I wavered on him in 2010, but believed in him when the offense started rolling in 2011. He has lost this team, and Wade has lost his shine as many pointed out with his past turn arounds, I won't discuss what we call ST.

It's time for a new coach a new QB for that coach. I'd give Rick more time to see how he handles a new coach and new schemes. My only concern (my only concern, but it has to change at some point) is changing offensive schemes and the retooling of the online, although it needs to be blown up anyway.

I just hope their are coaches out there that can do what the Harbaughs have, which pains mean because I loathe the Harbaughs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read