Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #1
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ed Reed calls out the coaching staff? :kitten:

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/...05403799248896

Ed Reed said #Texans were at time outplayed, outcoached.

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/...05623123607552

Ed Reed said at times Texans were fatigued. Needed to make changes.

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/...07600016531456

Ed Reed said there are things he wants to say but can't. Has to keep things in house. #Texans

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed calls out the coaching staff? :kitten:

ed reed shouldn't be calling anyone out.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #3
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 74447 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
maybe he should and they all get fired
Old 11-10-2013   #4
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

thanks coach reed, you were out coached & played... double whammy for you!!

good to see you on special teams though. oh how the mighty have fallen..
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
he should just stick to his initial plan he set in place when deciding to sign here....cruise along and collect an easy $6M for the year.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #6
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ed Reed is probably calling out the coaching staff because he's thinking about possibly becoming our next defensive backs coach? Time to be moving on to a new job soon because he's washed up and done as a player.
Old 11-10-2013   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a fact. I'm going to go ahead and say what I think a lot of people are thinking about now. Bringing Ed Reed to Houston put a kind of cancer in our locker room. He speaks with the authority of a respected veteran but he's not a member of this team. He's a hired gun and a hired gun shooting blanks on top of everything. The entire locker room saw Glover Quinn go out the door like so many other players we've not made any effort to keep or outright let go due to money and then they watched us spend money on this old crack dealer hobo son of a *****. That he does nothing to earn, reveals that he held back vital information about his health, goes and has surgery and finally doesn't even get on a practice field until camp is almost over.

He's literally stepped into this locker room and played the team that pays him for a fool. He's been rewarded for a reputation he didn't even earn here while we send players we drafted out the door because we can't or won't pay them what they'll be worth on the open market.

I think he's divisive and his presence is an enormous distraction for this team. I think the coaching staff has made decisions based on the assumption that he'd be a contributor and that hasn't happened. That's put the team in a precarious position. He needs to be sent packing.

When we cut all those bottom of the roster guys we should have send Ed home too. I've seen the Texans pick up better safeties than we have right now off the street over the years. I've definitely seen them get better play than they get from Ed Reed out of street free agents.
Old 11-10-2013   #8
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Maybe he should say, "It's Kubes or me!"
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #9
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29606 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
That's a fact. I'm going to go ahead and say what I think a lot of people are thinking about now. Bringing Ed Reed to Houston put a kind of cancer in our locker room. He speaks with the authority of a respected veteran but he's not a member of this team. He's a hired gun and a hired gun shooting blanks on top of everything. The entire locker room saw Glover Quinn go out the door like so many other players we've not made any effort to keep or outright let go due to money and then they watched us spend money on this old crack dealer hobo son of a *****. That he does nothing to earn, reveals that he held back vital information about his health, goes and has surgery and finally doesn't even get on a practice field until camp is almost over.

He's literally stepped into this locker room and played the team that pays him for a fool. He's been rewarded for a reputation he didn't even earn here while we send players we drafted out the door because we can't or won't pay them what they'll be worth on the open market.

I think he's divisive and his presence is an enormous distraction for this team. I think the coaching staff has made decisions based on the assumption that he'd be a contributor and that hasn't happened. That's put the team in a precarious position. He needs to be sent packing.

When we cut all those bottom of the roster guys we should have send Ed home too. I've seen the Texans pick up better safeties than we have right now off the street over the years. I've definitely seen them get better play than they get from Ed Reed out of street free agents.
Herv,

While I disagree that he's a "cancer," and I think comparing him to a crack dealer is unfair, I do think that this franchise, and this fanbase, went overboard when we were going after Reed. I remember telling a buddy of mine: "I think Reed is old, and we are overdoing this whole thing."

Reed used us for leverage. And we went overboard: the media coverage, Rick Smith flying the jet to pick him up, etc.

The truth is, Baltimore let him go for a reason.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #10
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well.......he's right.

While he's definitely not the solution, he knows what a good defense is supposed to look like.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Tried to rep this.

The Texans have been outplayed every time Ed Reed has been on the field, and out coached every time the Texans coaches have chosen to put Ed Reed on the field. Or sign Ed Reed.
Old 11-10-2013   #12
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Well.......he's right.

While he's definitely not the solution, he knows what a good defense is supposed to look like.
Ed Reed is going to earn his money for the Houston Texans one day. Unfortunately, it's going to be as part of the coaching staff and not as a player.
Old 11-10-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The 29th ranked offense (23rd in scoring) scored 20 points on the #1 defense in the league.

I think it's an inside job.
Old 11-10-2013   #14
Naija Texan
Rookie

Rep Power: 945 Naija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedNaija Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
While Reed hasn't exactly been a play maker in this defense, he has experience and he isn't saying anyone that hasn't watched this team all season by now should suspect or already know to be true.

We lose in the second half not just because of random circumstances (although that does play a part) but because our coaching staff seems to think no one will adjust to their initial offensive plans and when things go off schedule or rhythm they collapse.

Defensively, the team is better but at the same time, we demote Ed Reed and Brice McCain who has done less in this season is still our #3 CB and was given the nod to cover the likes of Larry Fitzgerald when he hasn't been able to cover most everyone he went up against this season. We don't rotate our OLBs when we see Brooks Reed and lately Whitney Mercilus miss, fail to arrive on time or just be out of position for plays multiple times EVERY game.

And credit to Brooks Reed for his hustle but if most of his tackles are happening yards beyond the line of scrimmage or QB hits/hurries after completed passes then he isn't doing his job despite getting all these nice stats and effort plays.
Naija Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #15
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/...19966586327041

#Texans' J.J. Watt offered no comment when asked about Ed Reed's statement Texans were outplayed, outcoached. #NFL

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Capt Obvious, but when you lose its pretty safe to say you were outplayed and outcoached. Thats why they keep score.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Thanks Capt Obvious, but when you lose its pretty safe to say you were outplayed and outcoached. Thats why they keep score.
Don't forget outFrontOfficed.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 77572 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed has the perspective of how a championship team is managed. Anyone who's truly interested in their team improving shouldn't instinctively dismiss criticism.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #19
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't seen Reed get burned for a touchdown this season. I guess everyone expected 10 ints.

Reed is a champion, and I'm embarrassed for him to have to end his career on this joke of a team.
Old 11-10-2013   #20
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He won a superbowl on the field so he knows what it takes can't take that away just because he's past his prime.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read