Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-06-2013   #141
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We are number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
The more I think about it , the more I don't want the #1 overall pick.

I don't see a player at any position that's worthy of the distinction at least as to how they fit on the current roster.

Bridgewater - Just don't think he's a "Franchise QB" , might be above average but not elite.

Clowney - Oh FFS .... what a waste of talent. If he has a motor , it came out of a moped.

Matthews - #1 overall for a RT ? (Sure he will eventually move to LT but still).

Anthony Barr - I think he's over rated.

Manziel - Boom or Bust , just too great a risk for the #1 pick.

Jace Amaro - Not for a TE.

Derek Carr - You have to be kidding me right ?!

C.J. Mosley - Might be the best football player in this draft but can you really spend the #1 pick on a guy who probably plays ILB ??

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - Sure , the best CB in this draft but no where near being the best player or biggest impact.

Louis Nix - See Olomu.

Mike Evans - Another 1st round WR ??? I'd consider him if there weren't so damn many other holes to fill.

The quarterbacks just don't excite me. The "physical Freak" of this draft .... doesn't care and nothing else really fits.

I'd really like to see them move down in the draft somewhere around 8-10 pending the compensation is worth the move. (1+2 this year and at least another 1 next year)

@ 8 give me Mosely
@ 33 give me Antonio Richardson (OT - Tenn.)

@ 40 Shayne Skov

I'll take a QB in the 3rd and sign a veteran in FA ....
I think we can get more from Browns than #8 and their second. I have #33 Cyril Richardson currently slotted OG in NFL but he was LT in 2012 for RG3 and should be able to resolve RT and push Q for LG if one of our roster guys can win RT.
Old 12-06-2013   #142
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think we can get more from Browns than #8 and their second.
That's just compensation from this years draft .... I'd expect no less than those two picks and a future first (would like two future #1's along with those picks).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013   #143
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
That's just compensation from this years draft .... I'd expect no less than those two picks and a future first (would like two future #1's along with those picks).
yep but we have to think like CLeveland and make the deal easy to swallow. Washington got #2 pick for 2012 first and second and first in 2013 and 2014. I think we need picks now especially with deep second and third rounds in 2014 with our needs. If they get #1 and keep their own second # 40, I could see them giving up both 8 & 25 their thirds and a first in 2015. I think that RG3 is having problems is going to lessen urge for a team to make that kind of deal.
Old 12-06-2013   #144
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep but we have to think like CLeveland and make the deal easy to swallow. Washington got #2 pick for 2012 first and second and first in 2013 and 2014. I think we need picks now especially with deep second and third rounds in 2014 with our needs. If they get #1 and keep their own second # 40, I could see them giving up both 8 & 25 their thirds and a first in 2015. I think that RG3 is having problems is going to lessen urge for a team to make that kind of deal.
In order for that trade to be offered, you would need at least two teams to be bidding for the pick. The only reason STL got so much for RG3 was due to the Browns bidding. If that happens, then great, but I wouldn't count on it. Although, it was rumored early this season that Josh Gordon was available. What if Cleveland offered #8 and Gordon for the #1? He's a phenomenal player, even if we don't really need him.
Old 12-07-2013   #145
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Were number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
None of those people has ever said the scouting departments don't have rankings at all until tada its time to put the final draft order together. I don't care if it is little stars in the corner of the page with their notes on a player or talk over the water cooler about who they like better after last weekends games this whole process is geared toward evaluating and ranking.

You're acting like a child and its obvious.
Chalk up one more who doesn't have a clue about what they're taking about. Who is posting childish Willy Wonks pictures, get a clue chief. Tell us again chief why you insisted that Kubiak wouldn't get fired.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #146
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
In order for that trade to be offered, you would need at least two teams to be bidding for the pick. The only reason STL got so much for RG3 was due to the Browns bidding. If that happens, then great, but I wouldn't count on it. Although, it was rumored early this season that Josh Gordon was available. What if Cleveland offered #8 and Gordon for the #1? He's a phenomenal player, even if we don't really need him.
My fantasy football team's savior
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #147
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have #33 Cyril Richardson currently slotted OG in NFL but he was LT in 2012 for RG3
No I do not believe that is right. He played LG when RG3 was there. He didn't move to LT until this year. He will go high as a guard unless he shows really good agility and footwork at the combine. I think he's going to be a really really good guard. I wanted us to draft him last year if he came out.
Old 12-07-2013   #148
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 356973 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Chalk up one more who doesn't have a clue about what they're taking about. Who is posting childish Willy Wonks pictures, get a clue chief. Tell us again chief why you insisted that Kubiak wouldn't get fired.
Well since I never said that I have nothing to explain. The only thing I was wrong on was I thought McNair would wait until after the season to fire him.
Old 12-07-2013   #149
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I would want a 2014 3rd and a 2015 1st. Gordon although talented is 1 strike away from being suspended for a yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013   #150
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well since I never said that I have nothing to explain. The only thing I was wrong on was I thought McNair would wait until after the season to fire him.
I-Cak wrong?

Never thought I would see this post. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #151
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

This week the Texans are still #1, however, with a WIN the Texans could fall to #3. http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html
Old 12-11-2013   #152
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

@ Indy
Home for Denver
@ Tennessee

Let's hope Wade doesn't screw this up.
Old 12-11-2013   #153
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This week the Texans are still #1, however, with a WIN the Texans could fall to #3. http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html
True, I'm still not sure I see that as a bad thing. Those opponent winning % numbers will remain in flux as well.
Old 12-11-2013   #154
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
True, I'm still not sure I see that as a bad thing. Those opponent winning % numbers will remain in flux as well.
Yeah but the Texans have two very good teams remaining on the schedule that is going to push their opponent winning % higher with Indy and Denver. Lower is better in this instance ....

Better hope that the Tinbreds have something to play for in week 17 ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013   #155
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Redskins and Falcons play each other this week though so even if we win the worst we can be is #2. Based on SOS looks like we should be rooting for the Redskins to win or a tie.
Old 12-11-2013   #156
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
The Redskins and Falcons play each other this week though so even if we win the worst we can be is #2. Based on SOS looks like we should be rooting for the Redskins to win or a tie.
Texans SOS will go higher playing Colts, Broncos and Titans.
Old 12-13-2013   #157
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

with near certainty, I can say that the Texans (if they tie Atlanta) will finish with a weaker SOS than Atlanta... definitely, the Texans will finish with a stronger SOS than Washington- that's not going to be close...

Remember, also, that St. Louis owns the Redskins' 1st round pick this year, FWIW.
Old 12-17-2013   #158
Texian
Hall of Fame

After week 15 the Texans still have earned the right to the #1 draft pick. If Peyton and Broncos don't stub their toe and Win @ Houston and Cousins and Washington beat the demoralized embarrassed Cowboys in week 16, the Texans will have locked up the #1 pick with one week to go in the season.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read