Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-22-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Cosell: Mike Glennon is far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback...

Good stuff from Cosell as usual, imo...

(AUDIO) Mike Glennon is Far More Advanced Than Robert Griffin III

Quote:
“I think they (the Bucs) are getting really quality quarterback play from Mike Glennon, who is without question the best rookie quarterback in this class,” Greg Cosell said in his weekly appearance on Fan Interference this Thursday.

Glennon might not just be the best quarterback in this past NFL draft class, he might be one of the best quarterbacks to come out in the last few years.

Mike Glennon is so far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback that it’s not even close,” Cosell said. ”They shouldn’t even be in the same discussion.”

People have gushed over Robert Griffin III since he entered the NFL, but Cosell believes the Bucs 3rd round quarterback in what was supposed to be a weak quarterback draft class is that much better than the Redskins 2nd overall draft pick and a pick they forfeited 3 1st round selections and a 2nd round pick for.
Quote:
“When your quarterback makes difficult anticipation throws, everything about your offense tends to look better,” Cosell said about the Bucs offense and their improvement.

“For instance, I’ll give you an example of a throw that was made this week by Glennon. When he hit Underwood for 20 yards in the 2nd quarter down inside the ten, that was a classic anticipation throw. He threw Underwood open. If I showed you the film and froze it just as Glennon was making his delivery, you’d say, ‘who’s he throwing it to?’ That’s a litmus test throw that helps measure future success...”
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #2
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Cosell: Mike Glennon is far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback..

Interesting and thanks for sharing. Glennon has surprised me. I guess because he looks like Napoleon Dynamite I just didn't think he would be a good NFL QB.

A few weeks ago I assumed the Bucs would have a top 2 pick and would take a franchise QB however now I am not sure. They may not even have a top 5 pick now and also not sure if they would take a QB considering how Glennon has been looking.

His biggest issue to date is that he wears #8.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Cosell: Mike Glennon is far more advanced than RG3 playing NFL quarterback..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
A few weeks ago I assumed the Bucs would have a top 2 pick and would take a franchise QB however now I am not sure. They may not even have a top 5 pick now and also not sure if they would take a QB considering how Glennon has been looking...
There's a lot of talent on that team.

Quote:
Glennon...I guess because he looks like Napoleon Dynamite I just didn't think he would be a good NFL QB.
Old 11-22-2013   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bucs have made some awful HC hires since they let Gruden go.

If they can find a good coach they could do well.
Old 11-22-2013   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh oh ... is the a mark against Johnny Football ?
Old 11-22-2013   #6
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Interesting and thanks for sharing. Glennon has surprised me. I guess because he looks like Napoleon Dynamite I just didn't think he would be a good NFL QB.
Not to mention he just couldn't seem to make good reads in college.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #7
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 15026 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just dont go telling Skip Bayless lol. I could see where he is coming from though. He's shown the ability to laser the ball against man-to-man, hitting his outside receivers' back shoulder or hip despite tight coverage. Those who have Vincent Jackson on their fantasy team can appreciate that lol.
Old 11-22-2013   #8
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
The Bucs have made some awful HC hires since they let Gruden go.

If they can find a good coach they could do well.
Agreed, there have been 2 since Gruden (Morris and Schiano) and neither one of those guys was their first choice. IIRC Schiano was hired after they were turned down by some others. I know they were going hard for Chip Kelley.

The fans here still love Chucky. You still see a lot of Chucky dolls in the tailgate areas.

I just wonder what's going to happen if they keep winning. That said I think Schiano would have to run the table the rest of the way to keep his job.
Old 11-27-2013   #9
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Glennon gets Rookie of the Month

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-month/

Maybe the Texans should take a former NC State QB in the 3rd round. That seems to be working out for Tampa Bay and Seattle.
Old 11-27-2013   #10
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Glennon gets Rookie of the Month

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-month/

Maybe the Texans should take a former NC State QB in the 3rd round. That seems to be working out for Tampa Bay and Seattle.
I really like his demeanor. He's so quiet in the pocket. Has anybody tried the full on blitzes theu usually test rookie QBs with? I haven't seen how he fared?
Old 11-27-2013   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I always root for guys like Glennon. It proves all the draft "experts" wrong and makes for a great story.
Old 11-27-2013   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

There's was a story that rgiii asked that his negative phays not be shown during film study? That can't be right? If it is true though that look la bad.
Old 11-28-2013   #13
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I really like his demeanor. He's so quiet in the pocket. Has anybody tried the full on blitzes theu usually test rookie QBs with? I haven't seen how he fared?
I was in Seattle on business and attended the Bucs game there (the game they were up 21-0 over the Seahawks in the 1st half). The Seahawks were bringing the heat and I was surprised at how he was able to dodge rushers.

One of the knocks on him coming out of college was that he is a statue in the pocket ala Drew Bledsoe. That hasn't been the case yet, the guy moves around really well and doesn't panic like some of the number 8's that we have seen at Reliant.
Old 12-02-2013   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

last year someone had mike gleeenon on the Texans mock draft I think it would have been a solid pick up what round did he go in the 3rd esp since our 3rd round pick is not even on the team anymore
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
last year someone had mike gleeenon on the Texans mock draft I think it would have been a solid pick up what round did he go in the 3rd esp since our 3rd round pick is not even on the team anymore
We would have had to have taken him with the pick we used on Swearinger. Brennan Williams and Sam Montgomery were picked after Glennon.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We would have had to have taken him with the pick we used on Swearinger. Brennan Williams and Sam Montgomery were picked after Glennon.
Ugh... Why do you have to remind us that we used high draft choices on those 2!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read