Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Edwin Baker to PS

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
[The Texans] added RB Edwin Baker to practice squad. Released TE Nathan Overbay to make room. #Texans - Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) November 20, 2013 The Houston Texans have added running back Edwin Baker to their practice squad and waived tight end Nathan Overbay to open the practice squad spot. Baker was taken in the 2012 NFL Draft by the San Diego Chargers in the 7th round (250th overall pick) out of Michigan State. He has spent time on the Chargers practice squad (2012) and most recently the Denver Broncos practice squad this season.
link

Jason Braddock on his Twitter expects him to be called up in the next couple of games.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 13h

Actually liked Baker better than Bell. Sounds crazy, now. Baker fits the zone scheme better than Tate, DJ, or Deji. He's a ZBS back. #Texans

Graham was by far the best udfa back we brought in last season, im mad we let him go without seeing him on gameday....jmo

Negative, that would be Cierre Wood. Guy had Foster-esque glide and excellent vision. Graham was never going to be the guy here.

His cutback skills are unquestionable.............and he's more than fast enough.

Yep,

Didn't really get a chance in college.

He has foster like ability. Hopefully he turns into something. I trust Baker to not fumble and pick up a tough 3rd & 1 run more than any other RB on the oster not named Tate.

Which is kinda sad seeing that Baker hasn't played a down in the NFL. I mean Johnson seems to be a fumbler and do you really think Karim has a future with the Texans?

He's not very fast, but he's a ZBS runner, and seems to always be looking for the cutback lane. He ran a 4.53, can squat 600, and can bench almost 400. Here are clips of him against Notre Dame in 2010:

(BONUS: No crappy rap music!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTDGVVc_YYk

Draft profile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTDGVVc_YYk

I've seen a 4.5 guy take it to the house from 80 yards away and run over a safety as he did it so I don't think his speed is gonna be an issue.

:jogger:

Back