Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2013   #21
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you want to see from the rest of the season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I'd love to see the fans stop trying to compete with NY or Philly for top a-hole fanbase by cheering injuries and booing the home team.
Fans weren't cheering injuries.. they were cheering the fact that a new QB was coming in, it just looked bad because the damn head coach didn't have the stones to pull Schaub out when he should have and it took a injury to get someone else in there... and fans boo in every NFL city in this country. Fans boo in just about every sports city in this country and around the world, it's nothing unique to NY or Philly.. or Houston, or even America.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Fans weren't cheering injuries.. they were cheering the fact that a new QB was coming in
That's your version. I think a more reasonable one is some cheered the injury and even more cheered the new QB coming in.
Old 11-21-2013   #23
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
That's your version. I think a more reasonable one is some cheered the injury and even more cheered the new QB coming in.
So the majority of fans cheered that a new QB was coming in and share my point of view/version.. That's fine. Although I highly doubt people were "oh yeah, he's hurt.. this has nothing to do with a new QB taking the field.. I'm just glad Matt Schaub is hurt".

Let's not lawyer this up here.

The blame for people cheering that day needs to rest solely at the feet of Kubiak (not the fans that were happy to see a change), because why people cheered that day was, because of Kubiak. He completely mishandled the situation from the start and put Schaub in that situation.. The same situation Kubiak put him in when he put Schaub in the game last week. For a "QB guru", the guy has completely mishandled the QB position this year. That's why the fans expressed themselves that day... it's why they expressed themselves last Sunday. The injury to Schaub just made the reason for that expression look worse than it ever was. Schaub should've been sat down before that injury even took place.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-21-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #24
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13608 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well, looks like no one knows for sure then. We might as well stop talking about it because Schaub won't be here. It was beyond dumb for him to be even be playing. Next!
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see improvement from Keenum, Newton, Brooks, Posey and Joesph. Martin is hard for me to evaluate. One game I want to cut him and next he looks almost salvagable.
Old 11-21-2013   #26
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wins.

This losing **** is getting old.
Not too many, though.

EDIT: Improvement and growth from all the rookies and second-year players. Which sucks all the more that Sam, Willie, and Cierre are gone. Maybe some of the promoted players will surprise us like Tarpinian?
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #27
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112830 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aah screw it. Give JJ Watt his bucket list wish and let him play tight end or wherever he wants to play on the other side of the ball. Throw somebody else in his defensive spot and scout that guy. Meanwhile we would be keeping the Manster happy and there isn't a whole lot of that going around in TexanLand these days.

Btw, I'm being 90-95% fecetious so keep those cards and letters.
Old 11-21-2013   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I want to see Keenum continue to grow and to lock down the QB position enabling the Texans to spend their resources fixing other areas of the team. I'd like to see the starting corners show up and the line get its act together for the remainder of the year.

Mostly though it's about Keenum getting playing time and improving. Some people say that if Kubiak is gone then Keenum won't get a shot because a new coach will want his own QB. I say that this is an owner who hired Kubiak more or less on the condition that he answer the question "Can we win with David Carr?" in the affirmative.

I don't want to see Keenum show well enough for McNair to hold the next coach to using him. I want him to show well enough for the next coach to want to use him. McNair will do the rest.
110% agree with this post. There's far too much at stake to pull any azz clown crap like Kubiak did last week again. (Upper) Management needs to know, for sure, what they have in Keenum and the only way to do that is to let him play. My biggest fear is that Kubiak is going to stunt his growth by choking him down with the turtleneck offense he's known to go to.

Maybe Kubiak sees the writing on the wall and decides to call plays for his coaching future, whether in Houston or elsewhere, and show that he can call a more modern offensive game and really mix it up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wins.

This losing **** is getting old.
AMEN, young man!!!! I understand the thought behind all of the "lose out" stuff, but I really doubt many truly feel that way in their heart. No diehard fan wants to see their team lose just for a higher draft pick. You can completely blow a draft pick from anywhere on the board, not just the top 1-3 spots. I want to see consistently good football. It doesn't have to be great, just good. A good PK and good fundamentals on both sides of the ball and ST's (securing the ball and making tackles) would have the Texans at 6-4 or 7-3, regardless of Schaub and his pick 6 binge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
See enough of our young talent to make a determination of keep/release. Don't we have some WRs on practice squad.

Don't know exact ramifications of taking chances on other teams practice squad players. Would have been nice to see if WillieJ was anything but we may be able to do the same in a different way.

Basically use the rest of the season to learn all we can so we can know what we have now and plan for next year. Let starters heal that are questionable health wise. Don't just waste the season trying to win meaningless games.

May do the same with coaching staff but probably not feasible.

Experiment with the players you have. Do it with all players not just Case.
I somewhat agree with this except that playing a lot of young guys over vets on offense could very well adversely affect a good analysis on Keenum. I'd rather see him play with the starters, barring injury.

On defense, they could bench 2/3's of the starters and we'd probably never notice. I lost respect for Ed Reed for his comments, but they might well be true. This defense has been more miss than hit since game 6 or so last season. I wouldn't mind seeing some different combinations on D and letting Herring call the D. He stood in for Wade when he had his surgery (with so-so results). That and let any random fan from the stands coach ST's. That's the best I could come up with on the bolded. LOL
Old 11-21-2013   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I'd love to see the fans stop trying to compete with NY or Philly for top a-hole fanbase by cheering injuries and booing the home team.
I wish you had spent the equivalent of your kids college tuition and had to watch this crap every Sunday in the same seats. Let me tell you something, my wife is a huge Texans fan (Not a football fan) and if the same crap that happened last Sunday happens again (She wants to see if Case is the future) I am going to have a hard time justifying my season tickets. It's never a good thing for the wives to be pissed.

BTW, I'm a 10 yr season ticket holder.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read