Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2013   #21
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans claim CB Justin Rogers off waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Gary and Wade are just as equal in part to blame. Have you EVER seen them coach UP a player?
Oh, definitely not and I want them fired as well. I just think that McNair's going to hang onto Rick Smith which will still not address the issues we have as a team.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 301166 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Gary and Wade are just as equal in part to blame. Have you EVER seen them coach UP a player?
Well I guess it depends on what you are calling coaching up a player. I would define that as a player who his improving or improved to their max.

Under that - Schaub (doesn't matter that he later failed, Kubiak got his max out of him), Wade Smith, Chris Myers, Mike Briesel, OD, KJ, Mitchell, Foster, Antonio (I think his performance here as an already vet player has improved from AZ)...yeah I would say they have coached up some players. That's without considering stars who improved as well but will be discounted as doing it all on their own like JJ & Cushing.
Old 11-21-2013   #23
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak's won over 60 games for the Texans, including 2 playoff games, over the course of 8 seasons.

To act like he's some incompetent, wholly inept boob who's never accomplished anything is hysterical and utterly ridiculous.

Is it so hard to retain some semblance of reason and objectivity despite the disappointing season?
Old 11-21-2013   #24
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Kubiak's won over 60 games for the Texans, including 2 playoff games, over the course of 8 seasons.

To act like he's some incompetent, wholly inept boob who's never accomplished anything is hysterical and utterly ridiculous.

Is it so hard to retain some semblance of reason and objectivity despite the disappointing season?
Wow, yeah you're right. He's won a whopping 61 games in 8 years, that's freaking awesome. That's like almost 8 wins a year on average. Now that I'm looking objectively I can say it's easy to see Kubes is in the top 5% of HC's in the league with those kinds of numbers.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #25
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

This only makes sense in a world where you're either Vince Lombardi or Lane Kiffin.
Old 11-21-2013   #26
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

He is a .500 head coach across the board (reg season and playoffs) who has only been to the playoffs twice in 8 seasons and it wasn't his offense that carried us there.. and the only reason why he even won is because he happened to face a even more mediocre head coach. When he actually faces good coaches he gets outcoached. He has drastically underachieved with teams that were preseason favorites numerous times.. Raise the bar/expectations a little bit here. 61 games over 8 seasons isn't worth a damn.. a 2-8 record and losing games in the fashion we've lost them when you were picked to go to a SB, having the kind of embarrassing sideshow happenings that have happened to this team this season in a year where that was "SB or Bust" isn't worth a damn.

Let's face it, the only reason why Kubiak was even employed this long is because McNair overruled him and made him hire Wade. Now that the league has slowly exposed Wade's defense (which is the M.O. with him) and his constant man coverage and blitz on nearly every down.. Kubiak is back to disappointing and back on the hot seat. He is NOT a good head coach, so can we please not pretend like he is by acting like 61 wins over 8 seasons is some acceptable level of success.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-21-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 40560 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ugh why do I even post here
Old 11-21-2013   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Would anyone really expect to pick up Sanders or Revis, in their prime, before week 12, off of waivers? Maybe the dude can make a tackle on ST's or provide a key block that isn't in the back. I highly doubt he was brought in to challenge anyone for starting playing time. Considering McCain's play, that might be a bad thing. Matt Stevens couldn't make McCain look good, only adequate at best.
Old 11-21-2013   #29
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So are you the mayor of Toronto or that politician from Florida? Either way, put down the crack pipe. Every season has boiled down to poor play, poor half time adjustments and injuries.

The poor half time adjustments are on the coaching staff and at least some of the poor play boils down to coaching. That's not even entertaining the idea of continuing to start players who obviously suck. There needs to be a coaching change. 8 years is enough.
Old 11-21-2013   #30
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We averaged 7.5 wins per season under Kubes, baby! Get on board!
Old 11-21-2013   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I agree with you. I realized after 2006, Kubiak was a work in progress & would have to learn on the job. After 2011 & 2012, I figured he figured it out. After what we're seeing now though... major step backwards.

But you're right. He sux now... last two seasons were good (almost great), but now he sux.
Old 11-21-2013   #32
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59149 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow! I cannot believe I even was that hard on the guy. 60 games in 8 years? Holy cow I never knew HOW FREAKING BAD KUBIAK ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!

Are you kidding me? You are proud of 60 wins in 8 years? You are proud of 2 playoff appearances in 8 years, 2 AFC Titles, WHICH BY THE WAY were breaks for the Texans because Manning got hurt and the Colts were rebuilding last year, and STILL almost won the division.

Every year, except for 2012, they have had a 3-4 gm losing streak at crucial times in the season. Oh but Kubiak isn't inept, unless it is being a HC...

What is hysterical and utterly ridiculous is how fans such as yourself, could live with such mediocrity and try to make those fans who want more than just 60 wins in 8 years feel stupid...

so explain to me again how you are related to Kubiak?

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #33
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 26703 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak doesn't suck, and he isn't great. He is what he is -- a
50/50 proposition to win a game.

The problem is, he's now showing his biggest weakness: his
complete inability to change his philosophy to fit his talent.

As soon as the injuries mount up -- and the active roster looks
less and less like it did in preseason, Gary's stubbornness begins
to cost the team games..

Last year they weren't even competitive against some teams
they were favored against.

Minnesota was the game that opened my eyes. They literally
accomplished nothing in the first half, and then proceeded to come
out in the second half with the exact same gameplan.

It's like watching a person with severe mental illness repeatedly
bash their head against the wall..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Kubiak doesn't suck, and he isn't great. He is what he is -- a
50/50 proposition to win a game.

The problem is, he's now showing his biggest weakness: his
complete inability to change his philosophy to fit his talent.

As soon as the injuries mount up -- and the active roster looks
less and less like it did in preseason, Gary's stubbornness begins
to cost the team games..

Last year they weren't even competitive against some teams
they were favored against.

Minnesota was the game that opened my eyes. They literally
accomplished nothing in the first half, and then proceeded to come
out in the second half with the exact same gameplan.

It's like watching a person with severe mental illness repeatedly
bash their head against the wall..

TJ
Neither do you, Wade. You just aren't your daddy, but you know that already.
Old 11-21-2013   #35
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

The recent signings feel very 2006ish. I know we have lots of injuries, but man it's bad based on these guys they are bringing in.
Old 11-21-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The recent signings feel very 2006ish. I know we have lots of injuries, but man it's bad based on these guys they are bringing in.
What's worse, is that we're grabbing them off the wire... as if someone else is waiting in the wings to snatch them from us. The only benefit I can see to grabbing a guy off the wire is so we don't have to compete with other teams.

It's pathetic.
Old 11-21-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's worse, is that we're grabbing them off the wire... as if someone else is waiting in the wings to snatch them from us. The only benefit I can see to grabbing a guy off the wire is so we don't have to compete with other teams.

It's pathetic.
At this point, we should be primarily raiding promising PS players.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013   #38
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree with you. I realized after 2006, Kubiak was a work in progress & would have to learn on the job. After 2011 & 2012, I figured he figured it out. After what we're seeing now though... major step backwards.

But you're right. He sux now... last two seasons were good (almost great), but now he sux.
Right. There's a huge difference between saying Kubiak shouldn't be the coach of this team (which he shouldn't), and Kubiak is so incompetent he can't even "coach up" a player.

Kubiak's been bad enough that there's no need for hysteria and exaggeration to prove the point.
Old 11-22-2013   #39
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 67996 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's pathetic.
I'm just curious why you think grabbing them off the waiver wire is bad. He's making the minimum salary for a player with is tenure, so what benefit would there be in not claiming him, and signing him once he's passed through unclaimed?
Old 11-22-2013   #40
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Kareem Jackson has been listed as a "chest" injury. It is actually a rib injury. Despite this report, his status for Sunday must be guarded, at least until after we see if he has been allowed contact tomorrow.
If I were Jackson I would sit out as long as I could. Get healed up for next year and the new coaching staff. No since in taking one for a 2-8 team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read