Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans claim CB Justin Rogers off waivers

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Kareem Jackson has been listed as a "chest" injury. It is actually a rib injury. Despite this report, his status for Sunday must be guarded, at least until after we see if he has been allowed contact tomorrow.

Mark Berman‏@MarkBermanFox26
Cornerback Kareem Jackson (chest) also did not practice. Jackson said Tuesday "chances are high" that he will play Sunday.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Reads bottom to top.......

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 14h

Much like Brice McCain he had issues beating the rub routes in games. Biggest issue is in him flipping the hips in coverage. #Texans

Rogers does show the ability to watch the opponents hips on tackles & can weed thru the trash. Should stay at Outside CB. #Texans

Rogers doesn't appear to have great long speed as well. Also, some of the issues in zone had to do with communication w/ safeties. (IMO).

It appears that the #Bills decided to go away from LCB/RCB in the 3rd game (Jets) & allowed CB Aaron Williams to mirror opposing #1s #Texans

Justin Rogers struggles to separate from WRs blocks & the lack of fluidity in his hips become painfully apparent at the transition point.

On quick review of CB Rogers, he started the season as LCB for the Bills. He seemed to struggle in off-man & zone. Decent in press man.

How pathetic is this team at drafting when we have spent pick after pick at CB and still have to pick up freaking scraps off other teams, who was a friggin 7th round pick. And people think Rick Smith ISN'T a problem? LMAO

amazing80

Hall of Fame
How pathetic is this team at drafting when we have spent pick after pick at CB and still have to pick up freaking scraps off other teams, who was a friggin 7th round pick. And people think Rick Smith ISN'T a problem? LMAO
Gary and Wade are just as equal in part to blame. Have you EVER seen them coach UP a player?

Gary and Wade are just as equal in part to blame. Have you EVER seen them coach UP a player?
Oh, definitely not and I want them fired as well. I just think that McNair's going to hang onto Rick Smith which will still not address the issues we have as a team.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Well I guess it depends on what you are calling coaching up a player. I would define that as a player who his improving or improved to their max.

Under that - Schaub (doesn't matter that he later failed, Kubiak got his max out of him), Wade Smith, Chris Myers, Mike Briesel, OD, KJ, Mitchell, Foster, Antonio (I think his performance here as an already vet player has improved from AZ)...yeah I would say they have coached up some players. That's without considering stars who improved as well but will be discounted as doing it all on their own like JJ & Cushing.

Kubiak's won over 60 games for the Texans, including 2 playoff games, over the course of 8 seasons.

To act like he's some incompetent, wholly inept boob who's never accomplished anything is hysterical and utterly ridiculous.

Is it so hard to retain some semblance of reason and objectivity despite the disappointing season?

Kubiak's won over 60 games for the Texans, including 2 playoff games, over the course of 8 seasons.

To act like he's some incompetent, wholly inept boob who's never accomplished anything is hysterical and utterly ridiculous.

Is it so hard to retain some semblance of reason and objectivity despite the disappointing season?
Wow, yeah you're right. He's won a whopping 61 games in 8 years, that's freaking awesome. That's like almost 8 wins a year on average. Now that I'm looking objectively I can say it's easy to see Kubes is in the top 5% of HC's in the league with those kinds of numbers.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

:rolleyes:

He is a .500 head coach across the board (reg season and playoffs) who has only been to the playoffs twice in 8 seasons and it wasn't his offense that carried us there.. and the only reason why he even won is because he happened to face a even more mediocre head coach. When he actually faces good coaches he gets outcoached. He has drastically underachieved with teams that were preseason favorites numerous times.. Raise the bar/expectations a little bit here. 61 games over 8 seasons isn't worth a damn.. a 2-8 record and losing games in the fashion we've lost them when you were picked to go to a SB, having the kind of embarrassing sideshow happenings that have happened to this team this season in a year where that was "SB or Bust" isn't worth a damn.

Let's face it, the only reason why Kubiak was even employed this long is because McNair overruled him and made him hire Wade. Now that the league has slowly exposed Wade's defense (which is the M.O. with him) and his constant man coverage and blitz on nearly every down.. Kubiak is back to disappointing and back on the hot seat. He is NOT a good head coach, so can we please not pretend like he is by acting like 61 wins over 8 seasons is some acceptable level of success.

Last edited:

amazing80

Hall of Fame

ugh why do I even post here :strangle:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Would anyone really expect to pick up Sanders or Revis, in their prime, before week 12, off of waivers? Maybe the dude can make a tackle on ST's or provide a key block that isn't in the back. I highly doubt he was brought in to challenge anyone for starting playing time. Considering McCain's play, that might be a bad thing. Matt Stevens couldn't make McCain look good, only adequate at best. :fingergun:

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

So are you the mayor of Toronto or that politician from Florida? Either way, put down the crack pipe. Every season has boiled down to poor play, poor half time adjustments and injuries.

The poor half time adjustments are on the coaching staff and at least some of the poor play boils down to coaching. That's not even entertaining the idea of continuing to start players who obviously suck. There needs to be a coaching change. 8 years is enough.

NastyNate

I go kerplunk

We averaged 7.5 wins per season under Kubes, baby! Get on board! :fans:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

I agree with you. I realized after 2006, Kubiak was a work in progress & would have to learn on the job. After 2011 & 2012, I figured he figured it out. After what we're seeing now though... major step backwards.

But you're right. He sux now... last two seasons were good (almost great), but now he sux.

Wow! I cannot believe I even was that hard on the guy. 60 games in 8 years? Holy cow I never knew HOW FREAKING BAD KUBIAK ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!

Are you kidding me? You are proud of 60 wins in 8 years? You are proud of 2 playoff appearances in 8 years, 2 AFC Titles, WHICH BY THE WAY were breaks for the Texans because Manning got hurt and the Colts were rebuilding last year, and STILL almost won the division.

Every year, except for 2012, they have had a 3-4 gm losing streak at crucial times in the season. Oh but Kubiak isn't inept, unless it is being a HC...

What is hysterical and utterly ridiculous is how fans such as yourself, could live with such mediocrity and try to make those fans who want more than just 60 wins in 8 years feel stupid...

so explain to me again how you are related to Kubiak?

speedfreek

All Pro
Kubiak doesn't suck, and he isn't great. He is what he is -- a
50/50 proposition to win a game.

The problem is, he's now showing his biggest weakness: his
complete inability to change his philosophy to fit his talent.

As soon as the injuries mount up -- and the active roster looks
less and less like it did in preseason, Gary's stubbornness begins
to cost the team games..

Last year they weren't even competitive against some teams
they were favored against.

Minnesota was the game that opened my eyes. They literally
accomplished nothing in the first half, and then proceeded to come
out in the second half with the exact same gameplan.

It's like watching a person with severe mental illness repeatedly
bash their head against the wall..

TJ

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Kubiak doesn't suck, and he isn't great. He is what he is -- a
50/50 proposition to win a game.

The problem is, he's now showing his biggest weakness: his
complete inability to change his philosophy to fit his talent.

As soon as the injuries mount up -- and the active roster looks
less and less like it did in preseason, Gary's stubbornness begins
to cost the team games..

Last year they weren't even competitive against some teams
they were favored against.

Minnesota was the game that opened my eyes. They literally
accomplished nothing in the first half, and then proceeded to come
out in the second half with the exact same gameplan.

It's like watching a person with severe mental illness repeatedly
bash their head against the wall..

TJ
Neither do you, Wade. You just aren't your daddy, but you know that already.

Big Lou

Hall of Fame
The recent signings feel very 2006ish. I know we have lots of injuries, but man it's bad based on these guys they are bringing in.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The recent signings feel very 2006ish. I know we have lots of injuries, but man it's bad based on these guys they are bringing in.
What's worse, is that we're grabbing them off the wire... as if someone else is waiting in the wings to snatch them from us. The only benefit I can see to grabbing a guy off the wire is so we don't have to compete with other teams.

It's pathetic.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
What's worse, is that we're grabbing them off the wire... as if someone else is waiting in the wings to snatch them from us. The only benefit I can see to grabbing a guy off the wire is so we don't have to compete with other teams.

It's pathetic.
At this point, we should be primarily raiding promising PS players.

I agree with you. I realized after 2006, Kubiak was a work in progress & would have to learn on the job. After 2011 & 2012, I figured he figured it out. After what we're seeing now though... major step backwards.

But you're right. He sux now... last two seasons were good (almost great), but now he sux.
Right. There's a huge difference between saying Kubiak shouldn't be the coach of this team (which he shouldn't), and Kubiak is so incompetent he can't even "coach up" a player.

Kubiak's been bad enough that there's no need for hysteria and exaggeration to prove the point.

ChampionTexan

Hall of Fame

It's pathetic.
I'm just curious why you think grabbing them off the waiver wire is bad. He's making the minimum salary for a player with is tenure, so what benefit would there be in not claiming him, and signing him once he's passed through unclaimed?

TEXANRED

Texan-American
Kareem Jackson has been listed as a "chest" injury. It is actually a rib injury. Despite this report, his status for Sunday must be guarded, at least until after we see if he has been allowed contact tomorrow.
If I were Jackson I would sit out as long as I could. Get healed up for next year and the new coaching staff. No since in taking one for a 2-8 team.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Kubiak:

(on if CB Brice McCain will start this week) “Yes, but everybody’s going to play. We’ve got basically seven healthy DBs and then the new one we signed in Justin (Rogers). So we’re trying to catch him up real quick. Everybody will play, but Brice will start.”

(on CB Brandon Harris playing a little bit more than CB Brice McCain as the game went on last week and if that was just for that game) “No, we’re going to have to play everybody, especially if somebody’s playing us in three wides or those type of things because the amount of guys we’ve got healthy right now, we’ve got to rotate them or they’ll get worn out pretty quick. That’s just some rotation, Brice playing outside and we wanted to move him back playing inside in some situations, what we did think he does best. I think you’re going to see the same thing on Sunday.”

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
(on if CB Brice McCain will start this week) “Yes, but everybody’s going to play. We’ve got basically seven healthy DBs and then the new one we signed in Justin (Rogers). So we’re trying to catch him up real quick. Everybody will play, but Brice will start.”

(on CB Brandon Harris playing a little bit more than CB Brice McCain as the game went on last week and if that was just for that game) “No, we’re going to have to play everybody, especially if somebody’s playing us in three wides or those type of things because the amount of guys we’ve got healthy right now, we’ve got to rotate them or they’ll get worn out pretty quick. That’s just some rotation, Brice playing outside and we wanted to move him back playing inside in some situations, what we did think he does best. I think you’re going to see the same thing on Sunday.”

Sigh...

Rey

I like Brandon Harris. He reminds a little of Kareem tbh. He's never really gotten an opportunity to really play for extended periods. He needs to take those lumps and grow. Or at least prove that he's not going to grow from it.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I like Brandon Harris. He reminds a little of Kareem tbh.
He reminds me of Glover his rookie season. I think he's more talented. I think Kareem is more talented, way more talented.

But Glover was a baller. He attacked the ball. He tried to make plays.

Naija Texan

Waterboy
So Chad Henne is going to get a chance to look good carving up our secondary again picking on Brice McCain... maybe we really are tanking.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Wait wait; so we won't claim asumough, but we'll claim this guy? :?:toropalm:
Assuming contracts and cap space come into play here, I think. Also, Namdi has been stinking it up. Do you really think anyone in the Texans org. would put him in a position to succeed? They can't seem get anyone not named Watt or Cushing into that position on a regular basis.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
Assuming contracts and cap space come into play here, I think. Also, Namdi has been stinking it up. Do you really think anyone in the Texans org. would put him in a position to succeed? They can't seem get anyone not named Watt or Cushing into that position on a regular basis.
Isn't the knock on nnamdi that he can't play anything but man?

What was the knock on wade Phillips again?