Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #1
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 2264 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Just announced in the presser. At least that will get me to watch the game.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #2
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenum starter for Jacksonville game

Closest thing to a mea culpa I have ever heard..

Unfortunately, now, he has 2 QB's that feel their
coach doesn't believe in them (3 with yates..)

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #3
bigmck
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck bigmck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmanx View Post
Just announced in the presser. At least that will get me to watch the game.
This has got to be one of the biggest upsets of the year. It sure didn't take Kubes long to do it.
bigmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I absolutely hate Kubiak's reasoning behind benching Keenum. He wasn't looking beyond the Oakland game at all. Logically, wouldn't you want your inexperienced QB to get the game reps in a hurry up offense?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't expect anything else.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #6
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3384 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

The decision to yank Case is not going down any easier 24 hours later. I still can't quite fathom what was going on in his head.

Perhaps the dumbest, most out-of-touch coaching decision I have seen in my life. Certainly the dumbest one I can remember off the top of my head.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I didn't expect anything else.
Neither did I. Kubiak's days are numbered, as is Schaub's. The Texans will move on to another QB and another head coach. Water under bridge. Next year we'll all have something new to "discuss".

I said "discuss" just to be nice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

That Kubiak guy....he's so wishy washy.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #9
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 49199 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Unfortunately, now, he has 2 QB's that feel their
coach doesn't believe in them (3 with yates..)

TJ
If all the QBs are the pathetic whiny sensitive babies that people on this board think they are, then I don't want any of them on the team.
Old 11-18-2013   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Starter yes, let's see who the closer is.
Old 11-18-2013   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.
Old 11-18-2013   #12
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #13
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
You know, Capers was kind of lost like this toward the end too if you recall. I remember he was pretty much a dead-coach walking toward the last few games of the season and I kind of felt sorry for him. It was impossible not to.

Gary's got that same sound and look today. It's all gotten away from him and he doesn't really understand how that happened or how to get hold of it again.
Sucks for Kubiak his world has completely turned upside down with his stroke.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #14
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121294 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak, if Case is having trouble picking up blitzes, TEACH HIM GOD DAMNIT! THAT'S YOUR JOB! Tell the O-line to step the F up!! And if he seriously can't do it then put Yates in there! BUT ENOUGH OF HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED II.
Old 11-18-2013   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

For only one half that is MUHAHAHAHAHA

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

He benched Keenum because nobody on offense had it together on picking up the blitz. They were teeing off every single down. He was trying to keep him from becoming a shell shocked turtle like David Carr.

Not that far-fetched. It makes sense if you at least try being a little objective, but I know that's a little too much to ask, so I won't bother.
It's actually good coaching. But shhhhhh. Take him out of the game, put the other guy in, and work on the blitz pickups during practice.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #17
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's actually good coaching. But shhhhhh. Take him out of the game, put the other guy in, and work on the blitz pickups during practice.
Or call some bootlegs and get him on the edge where he's more productive, or be like Gary and keep calling the same plays cause you are stubbornly stuck on your system?

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess I was wrong unless some higher up had a hand in this
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Ok, I'll bite.

How's that Gary's a great HC we just need a new DC thingy working out for you. Remember when I said Gary should be fired after the 2009 and 2010 seasons and you thought Wade could come in and right all of the wrongs?

Would you finally agree that it's time for BoB to clean house and that includes the failure that is Rick Smith and start a new?

If BoB had cared to take care of his business back in 2010 the franchise wouldn't be in the sorry state it is currently in. You disagreed with me then, do you still disagree, or are you begining to see the light?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #20
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21346 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

thank you gary now i can watch the jaguars game
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read