Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #81
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: so who starts next week at QB?

Meh, it doesn't matter at this point. IMO, neither QB should be our starter next season.

This season is worse than 2-14 to me. An epic fail that should cost people jobs. But, with our 12 step program in relieving someone of their duties, who knows?
Old 11-18-2013   #82
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I personally think the team itself had plenty of faith/stock in Keenum. The dumbass coach being a dumbass doesn't change my mind. He's simply a dumbass.
I'm thinking this as well. Sure, Keenum has some learning to do. But what better way for him to learn when the season is ALREADY a bust. Not like there is pressure on anyone to win. Let Keenum learn and play. If he doesn't justify being a starter at the end of the season, draft a new QB. But at least give Keenum a chance to prove what he can do. See if he can start turning things around and get some wins under his belt.

It's plainly obvious that neither Yates or Schaub is the answer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #83
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I personally think the team itself had plenty of faith/stock in Keenum. The dumbass coach being a dumbass doesn't change my mind. He's simply a dumbass.
This is what I think too. The team stepped it up when Case went in four weeks ago. The KC game was a one point loss to an undefeated team. The Colts game was a defensive collapse where the fat kicker left 9 points on the field....

You know, there's just no point. Keenum goes from 3rd string and no reps to playing at a higher level than our starter and this is how it ends? Kubiak may not have lost his locker room (personally I think that issue is very much in doubt right now) but he's lost me forever. To hell with that coach. I knew years ago there was something wrong with what I was looking at and it's never been more obvious that he's a lousy coach.

If he runs Schaub out there the rest of the year I'm definitely in the "Hope every single team they face beats the **** out of them" crowd because I know that any kind of late season ralley on their part is nothing but more of Gary's patented "Smoke & Mirror" brand garbage-time snake oil.
Old 11-18-2013   #84
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think it's more of , for lack of better words funeral syndrome , which brings out the best in some and the worst in others . Matt is the prodigal son who Gary is going to try to get back in the good graces of the fans .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #85
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114971 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should have said the organization, not the team.

If Rick Smith, McNair, and Kubes really thought Keenum was a franchise QB, he wouldn't have been exiled to the bench

I like Keenum, but I always thought they kind of tossed him out there as a publicity stunt, like Tebow was in Denver during their losing season a few years ago. Tebow happened to start winning, so they stuck with him. Keenum hasn't, hence them benching him.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #86
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #87
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum "should" be the QB on the field next week. I think the real question is "Who should call the plays next week"? If Kubiak is calling the plays, you are going to get the same generic play calling, and only be successful when Keenum freestyles.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #88
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #89
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 3247 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

Well done.

Pretty much sums it up.
Tolar's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #90
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200241 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolar's Ghost View Post
Well done.

Pretty much sums it up.
The question to me is , who's job is Gary trying to save ? His , Matt's , or both of theirs ? That seems to be his focus and I think it really stressed him during the Colts game and the fans chanted KEENUM KEENUM KEENUM . I think that killed him that Matt was embarrassed .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #91
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Tex, you made me laugh during a very sad thread! Thanks for the levity.
Old 11-18-2013   #92
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Kubiak and Smith should read Thorn's signature and pay attention.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid".

Thank you Thorn, and, of course, the Duke.

Old 11-18-2013   #93
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If ...

people believe that, for whatever reason, Gary was chomping at
the bit to get Schaub back in the game -- and that Keenum was
just a placeholder taking over for an injured guy with a bruised
psyche---

the why would one believe that the same guy, Gary, would put
any serious emphasis in preparing Keenum or the o-line to
be successful against the blitz?

I don't know what to believe at this point, but I keep hearing people
say that Schaub will always be Gary's guy... If that's true, what
would Gary's motivation ever be to help the guy (Keenum) currently
keeping Matt on the bench?

Just a simple question/logic exercise..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #94
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If ...

I don't believe that kubiak has given keenum the best chance at being successful.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #95
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary just said Case starts next week.

$1.99 says it was a decision from higher up the pay scale
than Gary..

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
This is what I think too. The team stepped it up when Case went in four weeks ago. The KC game was a one point loss to an undefeated team. The Colts game was a defensive collapse where the fat kicker left 9 points on the field....
If there really was a spark, don't you think we'd have won 1 of the last 4? If we had won 1 of the previous 3, Schaub would not have come out Sunday as the desperation wouldn't have been so bad.

I understand how "tough" the KC game was & all the things going against Case. Colts? Arizona? How bad does a team have to be before we can beat them? You'd have thunk Oakland was bad enough, but half way through the third qtr it was pretty clear they weren't bad enough.

To me, a spark would help the hapless Jets with Gino Smith beat the New Orleans Saints. We were barely competitive with the Raiders & a rookie undrafted free agent QB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read