Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #61
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: so who starts next week at QB?

It might be time to give T.J. Yates another looksy.
May as well start him against the Jaguars.
Old 11-17-2013   #62
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3596 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I think you're right. Kubiak will develop turf toe after coming down from the observation perch and onto the turf this week during practices.
If not, I'll push him.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #63
tvaughan
Rookie

Rep Power: 3383 tvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respectedtvaughan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
It might be time to give T.J. Yates another looksy.
May as well start him against the Jaguars.
NO ONE thinks Yates is the guy. He is a back-up.

The question is whether Keenum is the guy or not. Or is he just another #2 as well.

In my humble opinion, there is no reason to start Yates.
tvaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
I actually see it the opposite way. I think the only chance Kubiak had at keeping his job was if Keenum was seen as the next QB and that he could flourish under this system and Kubiak's tutelage.

When Kuibiak put Schaub in, it was as good as a signed resignation. Kubiak's not coming back. There is no longer an argument for his return.
That's the same way I see it. The fans would probably have given Case a pass if we lost that game with Case under center. They might not have liked it, but most would probably accept Kubiak in 2014 (the last year of his contract) as the best chance for Case to succeed here in Houston.

By pulling him & putting Schaub in the game, he pretty much said Case isn't the future & if Case doesn't have a future here, Kubiak has long over stayed his welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
This is what we will hear. Schaub should have never played today. I think Kubiak felt pressured to play Keenum and now at the first sign of trouble, he uses it as an excuse to put Schaub back in.
& this is why I think Case would have got a pass if he finished the game & we still lost. We're way past the first sign of trouble.
Old 11-17-2013   #65
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44848 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I know why Kubiak did what he did, I understand it. Do I agree with it? No, not really. But I get it.

They were trying to win the game in hurry-up mode and Keenum I guess didn't have enough experience in running something like that, so Schaub was put in to run it.

Quote:
(on putting QB Matt Schaub in the game) “What was happening was, we had to make a lot of changes from a protection standpoint to handle some of the things they were doing. Trying to create some tempo and do that. And it made it very tough on (QB) Case (Keenum), in my opinion, being a young player. I knew that (QB) Matt (Schaub) could get done some of the things that I wanted to get done, real fast, and to give us a chance to win the football game. So that’s why I did it.”
My problem is, and this is something Kubiak has ALWAYS done - he's too soft, too good of a guy. He will continually work around a QB's flaws instead of trying to correct them. For years, they did this with Schaub, saying "Well we don't want to put him in an uncomfortable position..." This is football, if the guy can't handle it, you need to find someone who can, not someone who you are constantly gonna have to baby and hold hands with every step of the way.

Now, Kubiak is doing the same thing with Keenum. He was struggling against the blitz (weakness) and apparently could not run the two-minute drill effectively enough (weakness) and so he puts in Schaub instead of trying to work through it. If Keenum was a 1st or 2nd round pick and our guy going forward, he'd probably stay in. But because no one really knows who's gonna QB next year, he was taken out.

Like I said, I understand the motive, I just don't agree fully.
Old 11-17-2013   #66
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

My delema is that I can't cancel my "Super fan" agreement with Directv! I'll bet that there are probably 5 local high school coaches that could do a better job than Kubiak.

Keenum should get the start. But kubiak has a love affair with Schaub.
Old 11-18-2013   #67
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post

They were trying to win the game in hurry-up mode and Keenum I guess didn't have enough experience in running something like that, so Schaub was put in to run it.
which is ultimately kubiak's fault to begin with. keenum should have been practicing with starters a long time ago. instead of playing free safety........................
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #68
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan View Post
NO ONE thinks Yates is the guy. He is a back-up.

The question is whether Keenum is the guy or not. Or is he just another #2 as well.

In my humble opinion, there is no reason to start Yates.
Agreed. But if we're going to play Schaub instead of Keenum which it seems Kubiak is leaning in that direction after today's game, I think we'll be in an even worse situation.

I don't want to see the Texans play these final six games like preseason games where they keep alternating QBs throughout the game. One guy plays a half, the next plays a quarter apiece. I believe Dan Reeves once alternated quarterbacks every single play in the early '90s one time. At least we aren't in a comical situation like that.

But oh well. At 2-8, and with three tough games (Broncos, Patriots, at Colts) and three winnable games left on our schedule I don't think it really matters too much. And even those so-called easy games left (Jaguars twice and at Titans) will probably not be games we can expect to win playing like we did today.

We may be staring a 2-14 record in the face. I hate to say it.
Old 11-18-2013   #69
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

GARY KUBAIK he will announce his return to the NFL insert himself has the starting QB and THen things will get interesting

Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #70
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 5057 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We may be staring a 2-14 record in the face. I hate to say it.
i'll be happy with a 2-14, then we can draft #1.
we need decent right side tackles.
Old 11-18-2013   #71
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans are an embarrassment to the city of houston and the state of Texas. Kubiak is the biggest idiot in the state of Texas and things are just bigger in Texas.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #72
craneman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
reliant is gonna get REAL ugly if schaub finishes out the rest of the season.

it's not fair to schaub to put him out there.

what an absolute mess kubiak has created.
This is true....WHY...Let Case see what he can do. If THE HEAD COACH think Matt is better than Case, we really have a bigger problem.
craneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #73
craneman
Rookie

I would bet!!!!!
craneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #74
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 15013 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

Case should start. If injured, Yates should start.

But knowing Kubiak, Schaub will start... and instead of
losing games by 1, 3, 3, and 5 we will again be losing games
by 21, 31, and 25

TJ
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #75
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody but Matt. He is a cancer on this team. No logical reason to play but there was no logical reason for him to play Sunday.

If you are not going to play Case play TJ not Matt at least we learn something.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #76
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope if gary isnt fired today (which looks doubtful) bob at least steps in and says play case the rest of the way and stop giving reps to matt in practice. even if case plays matt is stealing half the reps and imo its hampering cases ability to improve.
Old 11-18-2013   #77
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I hope if gary isnt fired today (which looks doubtful) bob at least steps in and says play case the rest of the way and stop giving reps to matt in practice. even if case plays matt is stealing half the reps and imo its hampering cases ability to improve.
Case getting pulled seems to me to be pretty telling about how much stock the team really puts in Keenum.

There is going to be a new starting QB next year
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #78
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Case Keenum has won a #2 job for another team somewhere out there if the Texans decide to go another direction.

What I'm saying is I don't see a new regime choosing to stick with Case Keenum as the future of the team. #2 behind their draftpick/FA QB at best. More than likely Case is playing for a job as a backup for another team. Which I think he's doing a good job putting up his resume.
Old 11-18-2013   #79
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Case getting pulled seems to me to be pretty telling about how much stock the team really puts in Keenum.

How much at this point in time can one put stock in who is responsible for developing and ANALYZING the talent on the field?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #80
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post

I personally think the team itself had plenty of faith/stock in Keenum. The dumbass coach being a dumbass doesn't change my mind. He's simply a dumbass.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read