Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #21
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It was over when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
It was over when...
The NFL granted our franchise. Don't get me wrong, I love rooting for them, but I don't expect anything other than what we've had so far. A couple of decent/good seasons mixed in with several mediocre ones. Think about this, divide the total number of major championships this city has by the total number of seasons played in each major sport. And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...
Old 11-17-2013   #22
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
The NFL granted our franchise. Don't get me wrong, I love rooting for them, but I don't expect anything other than what we've had so far. A couple of decent/good seasons mixed in with several mediocre ones. Think about this, divide the total number of major championships this city has by the total number of seasons played in each major sport. And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...
i've always said, without hakeem, houston would basically be cleveland when it comes to sports.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48499 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It may have been over when McNair decided to buy a franchise for Houston.

Seriously. I have been a life-long Oiler, and then Texan fan, and this is getting ridiculous. It seems this town is truly cursed. I dont believe in curses, but am starting to re-think my stance.

Think I will just remember the excitement and joy I felt for two years celebrating out in the streets after the Rockets won, and hope my kids one day get to move to a city that gets to enjoy more sports success.

Depressing to be a sports fan in H-Town.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #24
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
It may have been over when McNair decided to buy a franchise for Houston.

Seriously. I have been a life-long Oiler, and then Texan fan, and this is getting ridiculous. It seems this town is truly cursed. I dont believe in curses, but am starting to re-think my stance.

Think I will just remember the excitement and joy I felt for two years celebrating out in the streets after the Rockets won, and hope my kids one day get to move to a city that gets to enjoy more sports success.

Depressing to be a sports fan in H-Town.
Yup! I feel the same way! I have been a Houston sports fan of the Rockets, Oilers, & Astros since 1981, & I have seen ALOT of bad times!
Old 11-17-2013   #25
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Kubiak is already fired..
yep... i think today buried rick smith as well.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #26
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And no, MLS and WNBA doesn't count...
Just curious why MLS would not count? It's light years ahead of WNBA unless you are letting any personal negative feelings about soccer cloud your judgment. So I think it's a little disingenuous to straight write it off but I can still see your point to a degree, I guess.

I agree with your overall sentiment though aside from the error on MLS.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #27
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
yep... i think today buried rick smith as well.
No way. Rick Smith is McNairs adopted son and can do no wrong.
Old 11-17-2013   #28
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

it was over when we extended kubes contract
Old 11-17-2013   #29
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Just curious why MLS would not count? It's light years ahead of WNBA unless you are letting any personal negative feelings about soccer cloud your judgment. So I think it's a little disingenuous to straight write it off but I can still see your point to a degree, I guess.

TBH i'd take 1 Super Bowl/NBA Championship/World Series over 10 straight MLS championships
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #30
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nonsense.. nothing was over when we were given a team and the Rockets nor the Astros (or the Oilers) failures have anything to do with this franchise.

If I was going to lay blame somewhere for our city's sports teams failure, it falls upon the coddling of our local media. For being such a big city our local media coddles the crap out of these teams and then fans wonder why there isn't any accountability. (Anybody who was every stationed up north or lives elsewhere knows exactly what I'm talking about, Houston is the biggest small city in America) If this was NY, the problems and issues that made Andre walk off the field would've been exposed last season. This crap would've already came to a head and no way in hell would've Kubiak been allowed to skate on 8 years of mediocrity.

These problems have nothing to so with the NFL giving us our team back.. it has to do with accountability and there simply no sense of accountability.. from the Owner, to the G.M., to the coach, to the players,... and from those that report on the team. The only people who demand it are the fans who are held at gun point to support the team or their scared of losing their team.

Kudos to Andre Johnson though.. the national media can say whatever the hell they want about him tonight, but he held people accountable (which was long overdue) and people took notice. He pretty much walked silently and swung the big stick that signed the fate of Kubiak and Schaub tonight... Kubiak is now a lame duck head coach and he might as well pack away his sock puppet (Schaub) with him as he heads out of town.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #31
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post

Has nothing to do with negative feelings about soccer - I love the game and attend matches on a regular basis. The MLS however, is not even Triple A when it comes to football/soccer league quality. It's not even Div I-AA. Gonna take some time before it gets there.
Old 11-17-2013   #32
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
I think Keenum is as good as he's going to get. It turns out he isn't the answer, he just looks good in comparison to Schaub. Tank the season and draft a QB 1st.

Tarkanian was a pleasant surprise today.
I dont see how you can come to that conclusion from a player that has only played 3.5 games.

Can you be more specific of what Case has done that shows he reached his cieling?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #33
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

Kudos to Andre Johnson though.. the national media can say whatever the hell they want about him tonight, but he held people accountable (which was long overdue) and people took notice....
And then he promptly admitted, repeatedly, that the last play was his fault. I want to stress he said that repeatedly of his own volition.
Old 11-17-2013   #34
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And then he promptly admitted, repeatedly, that the last play was his fault. I want to stress he said that repeatedly of his own volition.
yea, what was he gonna say?

yea um, matt sucks. he cant throw an accurate pass to save his life. why was case even pulled?

no he did what a great team mate does, took blame. the words on the sidelines show the truth....when dre yells, he means business
Old 11-17-2013   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100466 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
No way. Rick Smith is McNair's adopted son and can do no wrong.
I don't know why people keep making posts like this. McNair is stubborn to a fault and has a lot of patience, but once he's done, he's done..

It goes back to the old saying.

"don't take my kindness for a sign of weakness".

McNair is too patient.. and our patience (fans) runs out before his does (as it takes him too long to recognize what needs to be fixed), but once he sees the writing on the wall he will act and he will fire Rick Smith.. Gary and Rick Smith were married when they came in and they'll leave together. They took their vows.. Till death do them part and one is already terminally ill.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 11-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-17-2013   #36
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
yea, what was he gonna say?

yea um, matt sucks. he cant throw an accurate pass to save his life. why was case even pulled?

no he did what a great team mate does, took blame. the words on the sidelines show the truth....when dre yells, he means business
Nope, He saw the film and realised he was wrong to not continue his route and pull up like he did. Then he was man enough to admit it because he's got integrity.

And sorry, but you can't have it both ways, with him calling Schaub out then 'defending him' a moment later. He could've easily not said a thing and got his point across if he truly felt that way.
Old 11-17-2013   #37
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It didn't have crap to do with the last play.. his reaction didn't have anything to do with how he screwed up on the last play, that is not why he was pissed off.

He was pissed off, because a QB came at him who has been screwing up on multiple important game changing plays that have cost this team wins all season and then that same QB wanted to come at him.

Andre punked him and Kubiak. Both of these idiots have made multiple mistakes throughout the season (years actually) and then Schaub has the gall to get in Andre's face? LMAO. Same thing with Kubiak.

Andre can blow a play as he's come through in the clutch so many more times.. When you set a NFL record for pick 6's, make multiple costly mistakes, and lose your job to a UDFA... don't jump in my face when I make a mistake. Screw Schaub and Kubiak.. I wish somebody would photoshop a brokeback mountain pick of them.. , because they don't know how to quit each other.
Old 11-17-2013   #38
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Nope, He saw the film and realised he was wrong to not continue his route and pull up like he did. Then he was man enough to admit it because he's got integrity.

And sorry, but you can't have it both ways, with him calling Schaub out then 'defending him' a moment later. He could've easily not said a thing and got his point across if he truly felt that way.
he said the same thing when he beat finnegan. apologized and took blame. its what he does...hes nice to a fault. show me a replay of the play and explain to me why schaub shouldve throw it there
Old 11-17-2013   #39
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
he said the same thing when he beat finnegan. apologized and took blame. its what he does...hes nice to a fault. show me a replay of the play and explain to me why schaub shouldve throw it there
Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesnt' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...
Old 11-17-2013   #40
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dre pulled up instead of continuing his route into the open space between the zones. Schaub was expecting him to continue running in the same direction, not stop. Doesnt' mean Schaub is suddenly not crap. It does mean in this one instance, Schaub was right, Dre was wrong, and Dre was man enough to admit it. That's all...
ill wait to see replay of this before ill agree dre stopped....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read