Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It was over when...

I know I am probably in the minority that thought, prior to the Raiders game, that this current staff could potentially still make it work. Not this season, but potentially in future seasons. I knew Wade was done, but not Kubiak. I was swaying toward "he can't get this done" prior to the Raiders game, but I wasn't all the way there yet. I had questioned a lot of what Kubiak had done over the years. His staff hires have been underwhelming to say the least. He has had clock management issues from time to time, play calling issues as well. But I always liked his offensive scheme. I know now that I put too much value in that scheme.

I felt the same way about Rick Smith, mostly due to some of the plus draft choices he had made and the Antonio Smith signing, until probably this past offseason. I was very much against not resigning Quin and trying to replace him with two guys, a rookie and an old veteran. I knew that our RT situation was going to be concerning, but didn't know it would be quite this bad. The cap situation we had to endure was probably the most worrying. I started to question his ability as a GM right around that time.

I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab. They were ignited by his playmaking ability. It was obviously true for Andre Johnson given some of his statements and the way he had seemingly enjoyed playing when Keenum was on the field. The decision to put Schaub back in just killed the locker room completely. Kubiak just put a guy in that the rest of the team didn't want in and didn't believe in. They can never take him seriously again. Andre walking off the field just reinforced it for me. I knew then that everyone was thinking the same thing, even the players. I don't think Andre was just walking away from Schaub, but he was also walking away from what had just transpired. I think it really got to him.

That's when I truly knew that this FO was done. I was probably later than most in realizing this.

What about you? When did you know, for sure, that this thing was over and done with?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #2
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It was over when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I know I am probably in the minority that thought, prior to the Raiders game, that this current staff could potentially still make it work. Not this season, but potentially in future seasons. I was swaying toward "they can't get this done" prior to the Raiders game, but I wasn't all the way there yet. I had questioned a lot of what Kubiak had done over the years. His staff hires have been underwhelming to say the least. He has had clock management issues from time to time, play calling issues as well. But I always liked his offensive scheme. I know now that I put too much value in that scheme.

I felt the same way about Rick Smith, mostly due to some of the plus draft choices he had made and the Antonio Smith signing, until probably this past offseason. I was very much against not resigning Quin and trying to replace him with two guys, a rookie and an old veteran. I knew that our RT situation was going to be concerning, but didn't know it would be quite this bad. The cap situation we had to endure was probably the most concerning. I started to question his ability as a GM right around that time.

I knew Kubiak and his handpicked GM and coaches were done the moment Kubiak put Schaub back in today. It has been clear that the team was sparked by what Keenum brought to the fold. He had his struggles against the blitz and in second half of games, but it was clear that they believed in him more than they believed in Schuab. They were ignited by his playmaking ability. It was obviously true for Andre Johnson given some of his statements and the way he had seemingly enjoyed playing when Keenum when on the field. The decision to put Schaub back in just killed the locker room completely. Kubiak just put a guy in that the rest of the team didn't want in and didn't believe in. They can never take him seriously again.

That's when I truly knew that this FO was done. I was probably later than most in realizing this.

What about you? When did you know, for sure, that this thing was over and done with?
I knew it was over when we came back from commercial and saw #8 standing in the huddle and not on the bench. Thats when i lost all faith in Kubiak, didnt want him gone before. But i want that dumb ass gone now.
Old 11-17-2013   #3
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought they were done years ago. Too bad McNair doesn't care enough to see it.

Honestly though, I knew they were done when FO starting throwing the coaches under the bus earlier this week. They know it's going to get ugly this offseason and are in survival mode.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've gone back and forth over kubiak. But this is inexcusable. I don't trust him do do anything but come up short or completely suck.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #5
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

You didn't think it was over when we got blown out by St. Louis?
Old 11-17-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I really thought they would win today. I really did. Now I don't know what to expect from Jacksonville next week. Are we really so bad we will lose to Jacksonville? The thought is horrifying.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #7
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54251 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was over when Ben Tate fumbled against Seattle. That set the wheels in motion for that game's collapse, Matt Schaub's collapse, and the subsequent collapse of the 2013 Houston Texans.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You know, I really thought they would win today. I really did. Now I don't know what to expect from Jacksonville next week. Are we really so bad we will lose to Jacksonville? The thought is horrifying.
I would not be surprise if the Jags beat us! Maybe it's for the best if it can get Kubiak fired!
Old 11-17-2013   #9
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering Im now with the majority & feel Kubiak has to go .... and have been probably his biggest supporter at least here on TT .... Its done & over.

I can look at the #1 defense & a top 10 offense in terms of yards .... and think its not his fault , he's not fumbling or throwing INT's .... but when he creates a QB controversy where there was none ....Im done.

(Im sure this will come as one hell of a shock to some of you)

Gimmie some pink soap.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #10
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Keenum is as good as he's going to get. It turns out he isn't the answer, he just looks good in comparison to Schaub. Tank the season and draft a QB 1st.

Tarkanian was a pleasant surprise today.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
The Colts got taken to the woodshed by the Rams.. so no. Even though I knew he was done before then.. the Rams loss had nothing to do with it. Fisher is a good coach who's turning that team around and it's obvious he knows his old divisional opponents.

I knew Kubiak was done when he made the same mistake twice.. we fell victim to the F.O.G.'s once before and then McNair had to force his hand and bring in Wade.. Then he did the same **** with our STs coach.. fell victim of F.O.G. again.. He did not learn from his previous mistake, that's when I knew it was over. You might as well now add Schaub to the F.O.G. list as well.

Gary Kubiak is a complete dumbass. and after what he pulled today, it's clear he's a selfish dumbass who only cares about saving his own skin and the skin of his "F.O.Gs". Kubiak has zero interest in developing a young QB, because it doesn't fit his or his F.O.G.s window or their self serving/self preservation interests..

**** Gary Kubiak.. And the next person who tells me he's a QB guru needs to shut it, because I've never seen a QB take over a team and show as much promise on a team that was going nowhere be given such a short leash. This season reached a point where it became obvious that this season was about developing a QB.. and the "QB guru" benched him solely for a last ditch effort to save his own skin and his friends. Get this loser the hell out of here.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #12
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I thought they were done years ago. Too bad McNair doesn't care enough to see it.

Honestly though, I knew they were done when FO starting throwing the coaches under the bus earlier this week. They know it's going to get ugly this offseason and are in survival mode.
What I see, is that McNair doesn't view Kubiak as someone he employees but as someone who is a friend and you cannot befriend your employees in any business.
Old 11-17-2013   #13
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans - The Art of Losing because of Sucking!
Old 11-17-2013   #14
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
Ravens game did it for me
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
I think Keenum is as good as he's going to get. It turns out he isn't the answer, he just looks good in comparison to Schaub. Tank the season and draft a QB 1st.

Tarkanian was a pleasant surprise today.
Keenum has had zero running game, crap Oline play, and inconsistent coaching, and he's only played 3 1/2 games as a starter.

To say he's maxed out his potential is absolutely crazy.. There isn't a whole lot of rookies that would find any level of success under this complete dysfunctional albatross of a team/regime.

However I feel that Kubiak sealed Keenum's fate here today.. But he'll land on his feet. there's enough tape on him and a coach that has patience and cache will pick him up and finish developing him, which Kubiak should've been concentrated on... instead of just saving his own skin. QB Guru my ass.
Old 11-17-2013   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
I would not be surprise if the Jags beat us! Maybe it's for the best if it can get Kubiak fired!
Kubiak is already fired..
Old 11-17-2013   #17
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I knew it was over when we came back from commercial and saw #8 standing in the huddle and not on the bench. Thats when i lost all faith in Kubiak, didnt want him gone before. But i want that dumb ass gone now.
i feel exactly the same. i was saying to give him next year, his last year of is contract and see what happens maybe they can turn it around. But seeing schaub out there sealed it for me that kubiak has to go.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Kubiak is already fired..
Prior to this game, I would have never truly believed that.

But after this game, I think that this statement is actually true. I just can't imagine McNair keeping Kubiak after this debacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i feel exactly the same. i was saying to give him next year, his last year of is contract and see what happens maybe they can turn it around. But seeing schaub out there sealed it for me that kubiak has to go.
I think a lot of people had the opinion of "Kubiak has to go" prior to this game, but this game makes me actually believe that he is gone.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I'm the same boat. Critical for sure, but that Whole putting Schaub in, that was the last nail in the coffin. Not only did he lose me, he lost the team...

Hopefully he lost the owner too...
Old 11-17-2013   #20
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

it was over when they came out in those stupid lettermans for that patriots game

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read