Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-17-2013   #21
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will change for you as a fan next season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'll be out of town for the week of Thanksgiving. Was really stressing about how I was going to find a sports bar in LA that would show the Texans game. Until Matt Schaub went in, that is. Now I don't GAF. I'll DVR it and watch it when I get back if they win. Maybe. Probably start spending my Sundays fishing after that.
If you change your mind, there are plenty of sports bars in LA that will show the Texans game
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #22
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pumped about next season. Can't wait to see what changes the new coach makes.
Old 11-18-2013   #23
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyFree View Post
Either way, I will be supporting them because I still remember how it was to have NO home team for several years...Having ANY team to follow, no matter how bad they are playing, is much better than having NONE!!..
This
Old 11-18-2013   #24
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing much really. I'll watch and cheer like always. I guess the only thing that will change is I will have no expectations. I was really high on this year's team and honestly felt we could be in the Superbowl to represent the AFC. With those expectations came a rather hard crash with how this team is playing this season. So I'll just enjoy the guys and go week by week instead of having my head wrapped around 'Superbowl or Bust'. But I won't stop watching and supporting...even if they make me cuss like a sailor.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #25
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
If you change your mind, there are plenty of sports bars in LA that will show the Texans game
Know any around the Fullerton area?
Old 11-19-2013   #26
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
Expectations.
This^^^^

Aside from that I'll still watch and I'll still be disappointed (maybe). Afterall I'm not wishy washy.
Old 11-19-2013   #27
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Next season, I will not allow the Texans successes or failures dominate my Life.

YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-19-2013   #28
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

What will change? Nothing. The current coaches will be fired and we'll all be excited about a new staff... then free agency will hit and we'll watch excitedly because no one knows what the new coaches will do. When the draft gets here the usual suspects will have learned as much as they can about the coaches - their systems - skill sets at specific positions, etc. After an eternity, training camp will be here and we'll be "all in."

What will change? Nothing. We'll buy snake oil from the new regime like we have with the last 2. And we will continue to wait for a championship.
Old 11-19-2013   #29
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing..i'm gonna be watching regardless...my excitement level may not be as high..but i'll be in front of my TV every sunday at 12 pm.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Nothing..i'm gonna be watching regardless...my excitement level may not be as high..but i'll be in front of my TV every sunday at 12 pm.
Ditto.
Old 11-19-2013   #31
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104085 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Ditto.
Thirded.

htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #32
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
What will change? Nothing. The current coaches will be fired and we'll all be excited about a new staff... then free agency will hit and we'll watch excitedly because no one knows what the new coaches will do. When the draft gets here the usual suspects will have learned as much as they can about the coaches - their systems - skill sets at specific positions, etc. After an eternity, training camp will be here and we'll be "all in."

What will change? Nothing. We'll buy snake oil from the new regime like we have with the last 2. And we will continue to wait for a championship.

I kind of expected that if I lived long enough I would find something that you and I could agree on.

Old 11-20-2013   #33
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

After being an Oiler fan from the very beginning, w/season tickets for several years, it was rather a relief when they left and my Sundays were not ruined. I actually found other things to do and after a short time I forgot all about pro football. It was enjoyable. I will not get in that situation again.

I lost interest in the Texans team this year. Maybe an off season will erase the disgust I feel right now.

I am not such a fan that I will accept such ineptitude, watch or go to the games and say rah rah rah. Not in my makeup anymore.

I guess what I am trying to say is that my life, away from pro football, is not that boring.

Not trying to slam Texan fans for being fans. To each his/her own.

Guess I am just not all in.

Old 11-20-2013   #34
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Still going to renew my season tickets and cheer for my team.
I plan on using this as a way to get better seats and upgrade from 2 to 4 seats.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013   #35
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing will change for me as well. I will make my annual pre-dawn drop behind Utah Beach and prey to God I link up with the 4th Division before sundown.

Btw, this year it's been almost three months and still no sign of that 4th Division.
Old 11-24-2013   #36
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Spent the day with my niece and didn't think about football at all. Once she settled down for a nap, I hopped on here and read through the gameday thread. sounds like I didn't miss a thing. Thanks for the reinforcement, Texans!
Old 11-24-2013   #37
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Spent the day with my niece and didn't think about football at all. Once she settled down for a nap, I hopped on here and read through the gameday thread. sounds like I didn't miss a thing. Thanks for the reinforcement, Texans!
Lol, awesome.
Old 11-24-2013   #38
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You missed the Texans playing on Sunday, JJ and Mercilus made some plays.

That will always be enough for me to watch, I didn't enjoy watching most the game but I always enjoy watching the Texans play football, even if when they suck it isn't nearly as fun.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #39
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry Re: What will change for you as a fan next season?

Yep....thats a symptom of them dag gum fairweathered fans....you dont want to watch your team live.....so you can do other things that you think are more important.....
Real fans dont make excuses for not watching a game live.....unless it is a emergency....thats just lame if you ask me.....real lame.....

Was wondering when they would start falling off.....lol....

Pretty pathetic thread.....if you ask me.....

Thread heading should have been...."excuses for not watching live.....aka....i am a future bandwagoner.......".....lmfao.....

I bet he turns into one of these.....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013   #40
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 24388 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing! I will continue to work hard so that I can pay for my two team season tickets. I'm one of those type of fans that will endure the frustrations, and the eternal optimist that somewhere in the future this too, shall pass. It's very possible for the Texans and also for the return of the Cowboys.

The following was written in 1990. The Cowboys are a joke. Have you seen the new ABC comedy? Thirtysomething, Cowboys 0, Know why Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys? He wanted to get as far as possible from professional football, Did you hear the Cowboys are going to play Southern Methodist-The Cowboys need the practice and SMU needs the win. Of course the tide did turn for a few years, and I still expect it to happen again.

The Texans had some very harsh years as well, and made some very impressive winning seasons. I expect that to return in the not too distant future. I think for those who hung in there, thick and thin will delight in the rewards. It's just something different in the emotional state in championships after enduring the hardships before the prize.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read