Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-17-2013   #1
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What will change for you as a fan next season?

I have been a "watch every game live (at home or in person), no matter what since game 1" to the point that it sometimes causes family issues.

I think I may start DVR'ing the games and will watch them ONLY if the Texans win.

What says you?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2013   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will change for you as a fan next season?

Expectations.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I really won't care what this team does until Kubiak is gone. They can't win a SB with Kubiak and I've always known that, so the Texans really haven't effected me that much emotionally for a long time. I expect this team to fail until Kubiak is gone. If he is back next year, I'll just laugh at the fans that still brainwash themselves into thinking that Kubiak will learn from his mistakes and poor philosophies that have hurt this team time and time again. I guarantee you that if Kubes is back, a lot of people will think that Kubiak has learned from his mistakes and will be a better HC for it. I hear it every off season.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #4
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing, I watch every game because it's entertaining.

Win or lose it is what it is. I want them to win and it isn't as fun watching when they lose sure but I'll still support the team.
Old 11-17-2013   #5
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Still going to renew my season tickets and cheer for my team.
Old 11-17-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing will change for me either. I'll be right back in front of the TV. I might start the game cheering for them and end the game cussing at them, but either way I'll be watching. Same as I did for the frigging Oilers.

I think the medical term for this condition is called masochist.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I really won't care what this team does until Kubiak is gone. They can't win a SB with Kubiak and I've always known that, so the Texans really haven't effected me that much emotionally for a long time. I expect this team to fail until Kubiak is gone. If he is back next year, I'll just laugh at the fans that still brainwash themselves into thinking that Kubiak will learn from his mistakes and poor philosophies that have hurt this team time and time again. I guarantee you that if Kubes is back, a lot of people will think that Kubiak has learned from his mistakes and will be a better HC for it. I hear it every off season.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Nothing, I watch every game because it's entertaining.

Win or lose it is what it is. I want them to win and it isn't as fun watching when they lose sure but I'll still support the team.
I agree. But at this point with my kids under my roof for just 8-12 yrs....I now would rather spend time with them then watch this mess. Unless of course they are misbehaving
Old 11-17-2013   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Nothing will change for me either. I'll be right back in front of the TV. I might start the game cheering for them and end the game cussing at them, but either way I'll be watching. Same as I did for the frigging Oilers.

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Still going to renew my season tickets and cheer for my team.
Just what McNair loves to hear........just joshing.
Old 11-17-2013   #9
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never thought Kubiak was the guy. That's probably why this season hasn't affected me that much. Until he's gone it doesn't really matter because the team will continue to under-perform.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #10
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing will change for me, apparently i suffer from Kubiakism and i never learn.
Old 11-17-2013   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Kubiakism for sure^^^^

Thanks for the replies. I will read the rest later!!

Kind of like therapy reading this.............
Old 11-17-2013   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are good kids that have battled for the last 8 year's. It's on us as fans to get better.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 245923 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
They used to call that being a fan.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

IM a die hard I LIVE OR DIE with the Texans there my team period
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #15
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Will be switching from beer to whiskey. May move on to pot or heroin depending how the team progresses ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #16
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

At the start of next season I will be optimistic - that`s just the way I am. I will think our draft picks and perhaps 2 FA acquisitions will solve most of our problems. And I will be excited to see our draft picks playing, since the first pick will probably be a top 5 pick and the second pick will essentially be another first rounder...

I think the only way for me to go pessimistic into next season would be, if we don`t adress our O-line. Last two seasons I was saying - this will hurt us, we desperately need a RT and probably also a RG/LG. I clearly remember last seasons draft when lots of people didn`t consider RT a big need, and I just kept on saying: "RT is our biggest need". Well, we ended up drafting 2 RTs but both of them were injured early.

I guess at the start of next season I will be excited:

1. New coach (and that hopefully includes a new ST coach)
2. New QB (Either Case or a drafted one)
3. Watching high draft picks play
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #17
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
LOL

Just what McNair loves to hear........just joshing.
Well not renewing will cost me my seats and my PSLs.
Old 11-17-2013   #18
EddyFree
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 EddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respectedEddyFree is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that will change with me next season is to have less expectations....I think I'd rather have a team that everyone thinks will win 8 or 9 games instead of a playoff/superbowl contender out of the gate...If they win more and overachieve great! If they win less, it's no big disappointment...

Either way, I will be supporting them because I still remember how it was to have NO home team for several years...Having ANY team to follow, no matter how bad they are playing, is much better than having NONE!!..
EddyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #19
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'll be out of town for the week of Thanksgiving. Was really stressing about how I was going to find a sports bar in LA that would show the Texans game. Until Matt Schaub went in, that is. Now I don't GAF. I'll DVR it and watch it when I get back if they win. Maybe. Probably start spending my Sundays fishing after that.
Old 11-17-2013   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

I feel ya^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
You guys are good kids that have battled for the last 8 year's. It's on us as fans to get better.
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Will be switching from beer to whiskey. May move on to pot or heroin depending how the team progresses ...
Super LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read