Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we tanking?

Im with rico. Top five pick is either LT, QB or elite pass rusher. We have the LT. Hmmmmmm
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #22
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Red face Re: Are we tanking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Im with rico. Top five pick is either LT, QB or elite pass rusher. We have the LT. Hmmmmmm
I wouldnt cry if the pick was clowney, I would rather a QB, but if you want to try to argue that there isnt a big dropoff from Mariota,Bridgewater and Manziel, to guys like McCaron and Taj Boyd then Im going to politely disagree, in that scenario I'd rather just ride with Keenum than waste a 2nd or 3rd on a marginal QB.
Old 11-17-2013   #23
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No one in this draft worth tanking for ... Luck was already drafted ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Shanny tree is 5-15 this year . This after both made the playoffs last year .
Old 11-17-2013   #25
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I wouldnt cry if the pick was clowney, I would rather a QB, but if you want to try to argue that there isnt a big dropoff from Mariota,Bridgewater and Manziel, to guys like McCaron and Taj Boyd then Im going to politely disagree, in that scenario I'd rather just ride with Keenum than waste a 2nd or 3rd on a marginal QB.
Screw it. Clowney then trade up
Old 11-17-2013   #26
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Screw it. Clowney then trade up
Clowney and Watt could be pretty damn nasty. Jump back into the first (picks 20-25) and nab a RB or OL.
Old 11-17-2013   #27
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Clowney and Watt could be pretty damn nasty. Jump back into the first and nab a RB.
if theres anything we know, its that 1st rd rbs are worthless
Old 11-17-2013   #28
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
if theres anything we know, its that 1st rd rbs are worthless
I can understand that sentiment. DB could be another area that could be addressed, I just so happen to think that you can find a nice RB, Tate will be gone and Foster will be coming back from spinal surgery. Kind of makes me uneasy.
Old 11-17-2013   #29
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Clowney and Watt could be pretty damn nasty. Jump back into the first (picks 20-25) and nab a RB or OL.
Trade up for qb. Clowney and qb would do wonders for both sides of ball
Old 11-17-2013   #30
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Trade up for qb. Clowney and qb would do wonders for both sides of ball
If one of those 3 guys falls for whatever reason then yeah the value would be there in the late 1st, Mariota and Bridgewater will be gone by the 5th pick, I could see where Johnny Football could drop into the late 1st round, I wouldnt cry if that was the pick after drafting Clowney. Apart from those 3 guys I wouldnt take a flyer on another QB that high there is equal value with Keenum and no significant talent improvement.
Old 11-24-2013   #31
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Still not tanking? I couldn`t see the game, but I can`t believe that this team is this bad...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #32
toxictrix
Rookie

Rep Power: 62 toxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respected

If we draft Manziel I will be so mad. The kid has nothing close to resembling an NFL arm. Has bust written all over him.
toxictrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #33
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33323 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Still not tanking? I couldn`t see the game, but I can`t believe that this team is this bad...
Tanking would imply this team could've won this game. We're not tanking. We just suck.
Old 11-24-2013   #34
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The tank has lost it's treads. We can't even tank now. We're just that gawd awful.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #35
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

You dont have to try to tank when you're this bad...the suckiness comes naturally.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #36
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If case starts next week then yeah we are tanking

If MAtt starts then it shows we are trying to win
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #37
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a RT more than anything. Get a franchise RT, and go from there. What's the QB class for 2015 look like?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #38
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
We need a RT more than anything. Get a franchise RT, and go from there. What's the QB class for 2015 look like?
Is there such a thing as a "franchise" RT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #39
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Have we tanked all the way to #1?
Old 11-24-2013   #40
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Re: Are we tanking?

Quote:
Have we tanked all the way to #1?
Great, suck in the year with zero elite prospects.

None of the guys in this year's class would be taken in the top 5 in any of the past 5 drafts.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read