Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #161
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson down plays spat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Into triple coverage? Really, that was the best option there? "Look, I can throw TDs to AJ too, not my fault he doesn't go up and get them" - Schaub

First of all, it was double coverage. Second, I did not think it was a good decision and likely not a good throw. I'm not one of the fans pretending like the 8 losses are the result of a single player.

I'm just pointing out the obvious- on 4th down, with a chance to win the game, AJ quit on the play... That is what happened. Clearly, he is frustrated with the season. I get it. However, he allowed the frustration to diminish effort. As a fan, lack of focus and physical effort are the things I have the least tolerance for. I already know that Schaub's limited mobility and marginal arm are hurdles the team has to overcome in the redzone. The difference, however, is that he has no contol over those things. Effort is entirely within the control of each player on the field and on a couple plays today, AJ lacked effort when it mattered.
Old 11-18-2013   #162
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56079 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
Weren't you blathering about "freedom of speech" in a different thread?

Take your own advice, sport.
What does criticizing someone's words have to do with freedom of speech?

Do you really believe that freedom of speech means everyone should agree with you or remain silent? That is a myopic view of the world, to say the least.
Old 11-18-2013   #163
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm with you -- I will always promote civility, and I hate hearing people boo players who work their asses off. But, as much as we both hate it, it should be expected that any NFL fanbase will boo the entrance of a QB who had a meltdown and broke the league's pick six record. No avoiding that.
I think it's like the cheering when Schaub got hurt. No one was happy he got hurt. Everyone was happy that another QB was going to get to play & they didn't care which one.

That's not Matt's fault. That's not the fans fault. That's whoever decided to stick by his guy & show an unwavering commitment. That was in game 6 after we've already lost three in a row & that QB had already set the record for most consecutive games with a pick 6. The game prior that was especially ugly; he finished with three ints (pick 6 included) & a passer rating below 40 (that's the easier to score highly passer rating, not QBR). He got pulled in that game, but instead of letting the back up try to win it, we start resting our starters.

It might have appeared that the fanbase was booing Schaub, but they were really booing the decision to put Schaub in the game. It made no sense. & while I believe recent history says we had no chance of coming back with Case (c'mon, we hadn't moved the ball all game long & he generally plays better in the first half) we'll never know. That very well could have been the game that started the Case Keenum legend.

To add insult to injury, it played out like just about everyone in the stadium not named Gary Kubiak thought was most probable. Four trips to the red zone, no TDs, lost game.

I think it was a ballsy call by Kubiak. All chips to the center of the table. I'm sure he knew it wouldn't be popular.
Old 11-18-2013   #164
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
What does criticizing someone's words have to do with freedom of speech?

Do you really believe that freedom of speech means everyone should agree with you or remain silent? That is a myopic view of the world, to say the least.
Ya know.. If bob cleans house and hires a proper gm and hc, and they really turn things around.. I'm going to remember which side you were on during these dark times. You are either with the repressive entity, or against it. Keep your head in the sand, i'll let you know when it's safe to come out
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #165
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
on that last play Hopkins and Garrett were wide OPEN

Hopkins was damm near sittin on the 5 yard line

I don't know why u throw it to ANdre when hes blanketed by like 4 Raiders

also matt throw the ball 2 soon he could of stood in the pocket a lot longer the rusher on his left fell right on his face
someone please post a screen grab, PLEASE.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #166
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

About leaving Houston .Andre just says "I'm under contract" makes me wonder if he is tired of the BS here
Yeah it is PfT so .....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-contract/
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #167
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
About leaving Houston .Andre just says "I'm under contract" makes me wonder if he is tired of the BS here
Yeah it is PfT so .....
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nder-contract/
The Ed Reed situation helped he see more clearly what this organization is all about... not winning or holding the right people accountable. Wouldn't be surprised if Texans cut or traded Andre. Good ol boy system...
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #168
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is class. I think we saw what MS is on the sideline after the game. Watching MS at podium after game. He is just so happy to be in spotlight again.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #169
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Let's see if this gif posts from the sideline exchange... guy in the red shirt at bottom left was like "uh oh... Dre about to knock someone out"

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2...to-oakland.gif
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #170
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub mentally is the worst qb in nfl history... yes that includes David Carr. Kubiak is the stupidest coach in nfl history.
Old 11-18-2013   #171
cstyle42
Veteran

Oh and you can't blame it on Jacoby Jones this time... so Andre now? Wow...
Old 11-18-2013   #172
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see why Matt was so frustrated with the team (false starts, etc.) when he came back in--he is fighting for his job & all that (although he doesn't actually deserve it)--but he should know better than to show his frustration toward Andre Johnson. That's the last guy he needs to be seen yelling at. Even if it were to turn out that he was right and AJ made some kind of mistake, AJ has such a stellar reputation as a consummate professional....AND everyone can see now how many TDs AJ might have had over the years with a different QB too...

Mattie picked the wrong guy to pick on. Really ought to apologize publicly for his own sake, before there is a lynch mob at his door.

PS-I can't bring myself to bring out the pink soap. Just can't do it after the man had a stroke on the sideline. I am ready to see his replacement though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #173
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
Matt Schaub mentally is the worst qb in nfl history... yes that includes David Carr. Kubiak is the stupidest coach in nfl history.
This summarizes the absurdity and obnoxiousness of all the petulant and fickle fans.

"Matt Schaub mentally the worst QB in NFL history"? Wow! really? I guess his wins, the probowls, etc... are the result of his dependence on his special athletic and physical tools. Yeah, that must be it.
Old 11-18-2013   #174
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
AJ is class. I think we saw what MS is on the sideline after the game. Watching MS at podium after game. He is just so happy to be in spotlight again.
I have a lot of respect for AJ as a person and teammate. I have no idea where you get the idea that Matt Schaub is an attention whore, though. That is out of left field. Schaub is consistently classy and yesterday's little episode on the sideline is the exception that proves the rule. Schaub never does anything to call out another teammate... it is an example of how frustrated he is and how frustrated AJ is. For those who have played team sports before- this is not a big deal. Disagreements happen all the time in the heat of the moment.

The Texans are 2-8. There is plenty to be frustrated about and nearly any player on the team has contributed some pretty big blunders to be in this position. Plenty of blame, no doubt, and Schaub shoulders a fair amount of it. Still, he's not "the" reason for it and watching the Texans lose 4 games in a row with Keenum starting should highlight that point pretty clearly.
Old 11-18-2013   #175
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have a lot of respect for AJ as a person and teammate. I have no idea where you get the idea that Matt Schaub is an attention whore, though. That is out of left field. Schaub is consistently classy and yesterday's little episode on the sideline is the exception that proves the rule. Schaub never does anything to call out another teammate... it is an example of how frustrated he is and how frustrated AJ is. For those who have played team sports before- this is not a big deal. Disagreements happen all the time in the heat of the moment.

The Texans are 2-8. There is plenty to be frustrated about and nearly any player on the team has contributed some pretty big blunders to be in this position. Plenty of blame, no doubt, and Schaub shoulders a fair amount of it. Still, he's not "the" reason for it and watching the Texans lose 4 games in a row with Keenum starting should highlight that point pretty clearly.
Schaub is an easy target for two reasons .

1. Fans aren't sold on Matt , who is 47-43 as a starter . The QB gets to much credit and to much blame and as the team struggles , the QB is the face .

2. Matt is to a fluid athlete what Mount Cody is to ballet . What's that mean , he looks a lot worse right off the top . The eye test comes when the Texans stink vs top teams . Even when they have the game won ... say ... vs Seattle and he tosses a pick 6 , then says we have to play better as a team , do you realize he ain't one of them ( top notch QBs ) .

At the end of the day Matt is a system QB with decent stats but he can't get you any further than the Texans have been . Heck he can't even fetch 500 anymore . Why ... his skills and Kubiak's catering to the lack of is toast .
Old 11-18-2013   #176
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Uh, you do realize that this was our superstar player, don't you? This guy is a Boy Scout, and is adored by everyone. If HE can get frustrated to the point of a heated exchange, that's an indictment on this team. This was not "just another scuffle" between players. This was symbolic.

And you just refuse to believe that your man crush head coach is responsible for this mess, I see. But you will see the light when he's unemployed at the end of the season.

When the star player responds with "I'm under contract" when asked if he wants to stay here, that's proof heads need to roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #177
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 11-18-2013   #178
cstyle42
Veteran

Default Re: Johnson down plays spat

Quote:
First of all, it was double coverage. Second, I did not think it was a good decision and likely not a good throw. I'm not one of the fans pretending like the 8 losses are the result of a single player.

I'm just pointing out the obvious- on 4th down, with a chance to win the game, AJ quit on the play... That is what happened. Clearly, he is frustrated with the season. I get it. However, he allowed the frustration to diminish effort. As a fan, lack of focus and physical effort are the things I have the least tolerance for. I already know that Schaub's limited mobility and marginal arm are hurdles the team has to overcome in the redzone. The difference, however, is that he has no contol over those things. Effort is entirely within the control of each player on the field and on a couple plays today, AJ lacked effort when it mattered.
Granted Andre was wide open on the play before that but Schaub didn't see him.
Old 11-18-2013   #179
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
This summarizes the absurdity and obnoxiousness of all the petulant and fickle fans.

"Matt Schaub mentally the worst QB in NFL history"? Wow! really? I guess his wins, the probowls, etc... are the result of his dependence on his special athletic and physical tools. Yeah, that must be it.
I would have told you this 4 years ago and when he had the best offensive line in football to shield him. Kubiak played a part in shielding him as well as AJ and Foster. Put Schaub out there with pressure he is and has always been the worst mentally under pressure situations. Jump AJ save me and make my pass look decent at least lol what a joke. Fickle fans... try 2-8 and 11 years of BS. Super bowl? Why even say it when you can't get to a Afc championship game. This year cant even make the playoffs and you talking about fickle fans GTFO.
Old 11-18-2013   #180
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of a random tweet by Rock Cartwright

Quote:
Rock Cartwright ‏@Rockgotti25 1h
After watching the Texans and raiders game again.. There were some plays out there where Texans WR stopped on routes. #justsaying

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read