Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-17-2013   #101
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson down plays spat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
He had one in his hands from schaub... An easier play than a few of those keenum TDs. Wide receivers love playing with QBs that can extend plays, etc... I remember when every WR in the NFL wanted to play with Vick. Who cares? AJ will prepare each week and show himself on Sundays. I don't think anyone that matters care about his assessment of the QB play.

There is a lot to be frustrated with when the team is 2-8... If winning is vital to him, I am sure the Texans would agree to restructure his contract in order to create more cap room to bring in more talent on offense.
AJ has restructured countless times already.
Old 11-17-2013   #102
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had one in his hands from schaub... An easier play than a few of those keenum TDs. Wide receivers love playing with QBs that can extend plays, etc... I remember when every WR in the NFL wanted to play with Vick. Who cares? AJ will prepare each week and show himself on Sundays. I don't think anyone that matters care about his assessment of the QB play.

There is a lot to be frustrated with when the team is 2-8... If winning is vital to him, I am sure the Texans would agree to restructure his contract in order to create more cap room to bring in more talent on offense.
I bet he carries some stroke , I bet AJ wishes Matt would go to the open guy when the Raiders are dedicating half the team to him .
Old 11-17-2013   #103
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also, he should consider not quitting on his routes when the game is on the line... He did it twice in the red zone in the 4th quarter.
It prob became habit that he never gets looked at by Schaub in the endzone, i'm sure he was shocked when the ball did go his way.
Old 11-17-2013   #104
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20124 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
When did you see him sulking on the sidelines?
Seriously?

Are you asking someone when they have seen Matt Schuab sulking?

Some people on this board make comments that lead you to believe they have never watched the Texans play ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #105
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 535 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre ... thanks for everything

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...in-texans-loss

So apparently Kubiak isn't bothered by the exchange between Schaub and Johnson. Schaub was just put in there to spell Keenum and Keenum will start again next week.

Weaksauce Kubiak, weaksauce.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #106
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also, he should consider not quitting on his routes when the game is on the line... He did it twice in the red zone in the 4th quarter... Not to mention letting a TD get defended away because he tried to body catch it instead of grabbing it with his hands as he has been taught for the past 20 years of his football life.
Oh it's AJs fault Schaub failed on 4th and 7. You can't rag on a guy who has given everything he has to this team .
Old 11-17-2013   #107
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It amazes me how AJ wont finish a simple route for Schaub but he just runs down the field and makes amazing plays and TD catches for Keenum. Just saying, maybe he was deflated when he saw Schaub back out there.
It amazes me that a professional would completely quit on a route on 4th and 2 that could have been a TD.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013   #108
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 3178 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't AJ's fault. If he had run the wrong pattern, Schaub would never have seen him. He was double covered and would have been wherever he went. Schaub was the problem, trying to force the ball in there instead of looking for the tight end. Keenum should have been in for that last play, at least.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #109
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

just watched the replay, looks like dre ran a curl route and matt threw an in route.....dre took blame, fine. blame him. but id still bet it was matts fault
Old 11-17-2013   #110
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Schaub should of never been out there. Kubiaks lame excuse about we needed to make a switch is funny. How come no switch was made when Schaub was throwing pick 6s to every team we played cause he was so predictable. But yet just because a team is blitzing us he makes a switch haha
Old 11-17-2013   #111
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Think AJ didn't play 100% because it was Schaub. I think he lost hope when Schaub was put back in. Not saying it's right, but seems to me that Schaub has lost AJ, and maybe a bunch of the other guys.
Old 11-17-2013   #112
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Think AJ didn't play 100% because it was Schaub. I think he lost hope when Schaub was put back in. Not saying it's right, but seems to me that Schaub has lost AJ, and maybe a bunch of the other guys.
I agree AJ played inspired with Case out there, and rightfully so when all his 5 TDs have come in 2 games with Case. And yes we are 0-3 with Case BUT to lose 3 games by 7 points and have 5 missed FGs is very telling.
Old 11-17-2013   #113
amazing80
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

yup aj quit on his route

just like the pick 6 vs the seahawks was ajs fault for not "fighting for the ball more".....thats what schaub does. blames others and never credits himself with fault....its always "we" or "us".....i will never believe dre just stopped running, imo he ran a different route.....and matt threw into triple coverage...of course hed blame dre
Old 11-17-2013   #114
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I agree AJ played inspired with Case out there, and rightfully so when all his 5 TDs have come in 2 games with Case. And yes we are 0-3 with Case BUT to lose 3 games by 7 points and have 5 missed FGs is very telling.
I think any objective observer would say that Keenum has some issues (OMG! A rookie has issues?!?!), but he gave the team a better chance to win. When Schaub was out there, they were getting blown out. So the team has more issues than just QB, but at least with Keenum, things like missed FGs mattered.
Old 11-17-2013   #115
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
yup, but haters and blind loyalists on this message board fail to see that
Old 11-17-2013   #116
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
If AJ quit it was because the ball shouldn't have been thrown to him . It's at the 4:04 mark . he was in the slot at the inside of the T and the ball ended up at the E in Texans , with a lot of Raiders around .

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201311...enu=highlights
Old 11-17-2013   #117
amazing80
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If AJ quit it was because the ball shouldn't have been thrown to him . It's at the 4:04 mark . he was in the slot at the inside of the T and the ball ended up at the E in Texans , with a lot of Raiders around .

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201311...enu=highlights
not a great view but to me it looked like dre ran a curl and schaub threw an in route
Old 11-17-2013   #118
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think any objective observer would say that Keenum has some issues (OMG! A rookie has issues?!?!), but he gave the team a better chance to win. When Schaub was out there, they were getting blown out. So the team has more issues than just QB, but at least with Keenum, things like missed FGs mattered.
Thats 1 way to look at it....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #119
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
not a great view but to me it looked like dre ran a curl and schaub threw an in route
I think Schaub locked in to AJ and the Raiders converged on the spot . AJ does look like he curled .
Old 11-17-2013   #120
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytexan View Post
No Anti-Keenum hardon, I just don't think he's an NFL starting QB. Our best bet is to lose out and pick one of the QB's in next years draft.
Schaub needs to go, the whole coaching staff needs to go and Keenum needs to go back to being a benchwarmer.
Unless there is a change at HC & GM we'd get the one guy that doesn't become a great one.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read