Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #201
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
This is my desktop background until Gary Kubiak is gone.

LMAO
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #202
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
i have to agree with this.

when has schaub ever showed up in a big game?
Next time it happens will be the first time it happens.
Old 11-18-2013   #203
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i have to agree with this.

when has schaub ever showed up in a big game?
I know I'm not hating on Matt Schaub. Simply the truth either comforts or offends. I don't even blame Schaub I blame the man that allows him to play and the one above him and the other one above him. Elite and some above average qb's are good to great in pressure moments consistently. Schaub is just not. Steve Young said during a texans vs eagles game on a monday night 3 years ago Schaub is never the reason why the Texans win and that's a issue because he is your qb. Low and behold years later he's literally losing games once the team around him gets a little weaker in certain areas. One would hope the qb could pick up some slack just as other players had been doing for him for the last 4-5 years but that's not what Schaub does... so ultimately Gary Kubiak becomes the only security blanket he has left.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #204
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I haven't seen people complaining about Keenum wearing his helmet standing by himself yesterday. Hmmm. Maybe neither one is sulking.

People have not Schaub's gomer pyle/droopy dog demeanor for as long as he has been here. It didn't become sulking over night or at least it shouldn't.

Well that is odd because I would have said exactly the opposite. Schaub notably stayed away the first start Keenum got. Said at the time that was the right move. He has increasingly been talking to Keenum and the QB coach, pointing at the overheads, etc. since then.

Well barring some better indication I will trust Keenum's own statements that Schaub has been very involved and helpful.
I'm not saying that you're not right to do so but I have reached a point where I no longer can tell when a player is telling the truth or saying what's expected of him. I'm not saying Case isn't being honest. I'm just saying that I don't take that for granted anymore.

For all we know he's simply been being gracious and polite while trying to not upset the apple cart any more than his promotion already has.
Old 11-18-2013   #205
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I have a lot of respect for AJ as a person and teammate. I have no idea where you get the idea that Matt Schaub is an attention whore, though. That is out of left field. Schaub is consistently classy and yesterday's little episode on the sideline is the exception that proves the rule. Schaub never does anything to call out another teammate... it is an example of how frustrated he is and how frustrated AJ is. For those who have played team sports before- this is not a big deal. Disagreements happen all the time in the heat of the moment.

The Texans are 2-8. There is plenty to be frustrated about and nearly any player on the team has contributed some pretty big blunders to be in this position. Plenty of blame, no doubt, and Schaub shoulders a fair amount of it. Still, he's not "the" reason for it and watching the Texans lose 4 games in a row with Keenum starting should highlight that point pretty clearly.
leaving the field (especially at home) without shaking hands with the opposition is as classless as it gets. Schaubby definitely did that yesterday.

AJ was guilty of that yesterday as well, but I give him a pass because I believe he was trying to make a statement without having to make one.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #206
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't seen people complaining about Keenum wearing his helmet standing by himself yesterday. Hmmm. Maybe neither one is sulking.

People have not Schaub's gomer pyle/droopy dog demeanor for as long as he has been here. It didn't become sulking over night or at least it shouldn't.

Well that is odd because I would have said exactly the opposite. Schaub notably stayed away the first start Keenum got. Said at the time that was the right move. He has increasingly been talking to Keenum and the QB coach, pointing at the overheads, etc. since then.

Well barring some better indication I will trust Keenum's own statements that Schaub has been very involved and helpful.
Well I'll take your word for it as I was not at the game.

Perhaps just two different perceptions from two different people at the same game.

And I'm not going toe-to-toe with anyone about Schaub. His best days are well behind him and it's time to move on.

As far as Keenum's statements, I expect nothing less from the guy. He's basically a rookie QB and knows his job is not secure, does not have the confidence of his head coach, and certainly does not want to rock the boat.

Of course he's going to say all the nice things about Schaub. Acting like it means anything is just ignoring the obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm not saying that you're not right to do so but I have reached a point where I no longer can tell when a player is telling the truth or saying what's expected of him. I'm not saying Case isn't being honest. I'm just saying that I don't take that for granted anymore.

For all we know he's simply been being gracious and polite while trying to not upset the apple cart any more than his promotion already has.
Speaking your mind as a player and being brutally honest when things are less than rainbows and sunshine is not the "Texans Way ".

Which is why I am amazed that AJ did what he did, because now he's got a black mark in Gary's notebook. AJ will get a memo to report to the nearest Indoctrination Center to receive more training on how to properly convey a happy demeanor during an 8 game losing streak.
Old 11-18-2013   #207
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

AJs piece on nfl.com can be read in many different ways, on the one hand it's great that he is loyal about his contract, on the other he makes a point that he could get himself gone if he wanted.

All the years of absolute ****e, constant rebuilding etc the one bright spot was aj, and he obviously feels let down for good reason.

The one thing I couldn't help but wonder though was, the media are reporting it like its some kind of major rebuilding project were heading into, I'm unsure, on O we have all the playmaking positions except QB and maybe running back sorted, RB is what like a 3rd round pick? You roll with case next year to both fix the oline, and see what you've got, no point drafting a rookie if he's going to be limited by outside factors while you are trying to develop him, while case is already thrust into that unfortunate position.

So you draft OL, and rather than giving up on the ones we already drafted, say hey, if they all work out, we can get rid of vet contracts to free up cap space.

Then you go 4-3 on D, we got 2 guys failing at olb who could be given a chance across from watt, smith and Mitchell plus a rookie at DT and were set to develop for a year, move Cush back to olb, draft ilb, sign a cheap vet at the other olb.

The secondary, draft 3rd CB, but leave it as is for now and simply have someone run a less obvious coverage scheme, and most of all trust that the pass rushing talent fits a 4-3 well enough to take the pressure off the back end some.

I don't see the huge rebuilding effort needed, the o can be fixed this offseason and the d improved, the following offseason the d can be finished off and then were back to drafting bpa again but with a coaching staff that actually has a clue about current nfl tactics instead of this outdated bull**** we've been seeing them l regress under.

The move to 3-4 was a short term stop gap, it doesn't seem to have worked to me.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #208
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
leaving the field (especially at home) without shaking hands with the opposition is as classless as it gets. Schaubby definitely did that yesterday.

AJ was guilty of that yesterday as well, but I give him a pass because I believe he was trying to make a statement without having to make one.
I don't like Schaub. Never have and never will but... Schaub went into the locker room early to clear things up with AJ before everyone else came in. His priority was his relationship with AJ over ceremonial handshaking. I can't fault Schaub for that. Heck, I can't fault Schaub for anything that happened in the game. That was Kubiak's fault. 100%.
Old 11-18-2013   #209
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
I don't like Schaub. Never have and never will but... Schaub went into the locker room early to clear things up with AJ before everyone else came in. His priority was his relationship with AJ over ceremonial handshaking. I can't fault Schaub for that. Heck, I can't fault Schaub for anything that happened in the game. That was Kubiak's fault. 100%.
Schaub is still not man enough to own up to his mistakes... never says "I" he is still saying "we."
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #210
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Emotions run high. Schaub and Johnson are just fine. They're both pissed. We all are.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #211
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
AJs piece on nfl.com can be read in many different ways, on the one hand it's great that he is loyal about his contract, on the other he makes a point that he could get himself gone if he wanted.

All the years of absolute ****e, constant rebuilding etc the one bright spot was aj, and he obviously feels let down for good reason.

The one thing I couldn't help but wonder though was, the media are reporting it like its some kind of major rebuilding project were heading into, I'm unsure, on O we have all the playmaking positions except QB and maybe running back sorted, RB is what like a 3rd round pick? You roll with case next year to both fix the oline, and see what you've got, no point drafting a rookie if he's going to be limited by outside factors while you are trying to develop him, while case is already thrust into that unfortunate position.

So you draft OL, and rather than giving up on the ones we already drafted, say hey, if they all work out, we can get rid of vet contracts to free up cap space.

Then you go 4-3 on D, we got 2 guys failing at olb who could be given a chance across from watt, smith and Mitchell plus a rookie at DT and were set to develop for a year, move Cush back to olb, draft ilb, sign a cheap vet at the other olb.

The secondary, draft 3rd CB, but leave it as is for now and simply have someone run a less obvious coverage scheme, and most of all trust that the pass rushing talent fits a 4-3 well enough to take the pressure off the back end some.

I don't see the huge rebuilding effort needed, the o can be fixed this offseason and the d improved, the following offseason the d can be finished off and then were back to drafting bpa again but with a coaching staff that actually has a clue about current nfl tactics instead of this outdated bull**** we've been seeing them l regress under.

The move to 3-4 was a short term stop gap, it doesn't seem to have worked to me.
Great post. This team has talent, so it is much different than 2005 in that regard.

And we have recent examples of a new head coach taking over an under-achieving team with talent and quickly turning it around.

The front office and coaching staff needs a rebuild, but I don't think the entire team has to be sold for scrap and everyone replaced.
Old 11-18-2013   #212
Sigma
All Pro

Rep Power: 24103 Sigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respectedSigma is a quality contributor and well respected

idk if anyone already posted this
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...eline-argument

that doesn't sound very good to me
Old 11-18-2013   #213
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Emotions run high. Schaub and Johnson are just fine. They're both pissed. We all are.
AJ was pissed because schaub was in the game.

Don't try to twist what took place.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #214
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's because Keenum wasn't doing that. he was running up and down the sidelines, clapping his hands and calling things out. When the offense was off the field, he was sitting next to Schaub with his helmet off going over the pictures. Schaub never did that when he was the backup. Only thing I ever saw him do was low five the field goal unit.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #215
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That's because Keenum wasn't doing that. he was running up and down the sidelines, clapping his hands and calling things out. When the offense was off the field, he was sitting next to Schaub with his helmet off going over the pictures. Schaub never did that when he was the backup. Only thing I ever saw him do was low five the field goal unit.
Exactly....
Old 11-18-2013   #216
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AJ was pissed because schaub was in the game.

Don't try to twist what took place.
I agree, you could see the difference in his body language as well once Schaub entered the game, he was deflated....
Old 11-18-2013   #217
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I agree, you could see the difference in his body language as well once Schaub entered the game, he was deflated....
We were all deflated.
Old 11-18-2013   #218
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
We were all deflated.
I havent been that down since Miley Cyrus quit twerking
Old 11-18-2013   #219
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Exactly....
What was really funny was seeing Schaub try to act like Keenum in the huddle. I have never seen him clap his hands so much and kneel like he was about to kick some ass. It was usually hands over his helmet leaning towards the sidelines, slow walk to the huddle, and a calm break.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #220
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre ... thanks for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
compete for the playoffs. looks, im just as pissed as everyone else around here. its been a long year.

we clearly need a coaching overhaul. BUT, the reason we are all so upset is that we know this team has a lot of talent.

With a good draft, we can cure a lot of problems. We have a good talent base. Far better than a lot of teams. AJ realizes that. Watt does as well. We've been shot in the foot for 3+ years with injuries, but that isn't an excuse anymore.

My point in my post was that AJ nor Watt will demand or ask for a trade. We have the pieces to compete next year. You can turn it around in the NFL in a year or two.
Exactly. Just look at KC.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read