Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2013   #181
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Kind of a random tweet by Rock Cartwright
That's the message sent to Kubiak by the players. You go from one qb to another because of favoritism not because you felt he was better for the situation/playcalling that's just not what winning organizations do so since it isn't about that the receivers decided to play limited like the quarterback that got subbed in. I quite frankly believe running the full routes and not being seen so many times for games just has those receivers so frustrated their attitude with Schaub in is... F it!
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #182
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most people probably don't even know who Rock is but he played for the Redskins and Raiders as a back-up FB and did some kick returning. I also grew up two houses down from him in Conroe and he was a beast in every sport.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #183
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
That's the message sent to Kubiak by the players. You go from one qb to another because of favoritism not because you felt he was better for the situation/playcalling that's just not what winning organizations do so since it isn't about that the receivers decided to play limited like the quarterback that got subbed in. I quite frankly believe running the full routes and not being seen so many times for games just has those receivers so frustrated their attitude with Schaub in is... F it!
I watched Matt warm up in the Colts game in the 2nd quarter . This after Keenum lit it up and at that time I thought this dude has no clue . What he had was a wink from Kubiak that Case was temporary . Case has 8 td passes and Matt has 8 TD passes ( 12 if you count the other teams Tds ) and Matt's been in more games .
Old 11-18-2013   #184
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ isnt going anywhere. We always upped the ante financially when we feels underpaid and just because we have some turmoil doesnt mean AJ wants to leave or that we should deal AJ. We are in the business of winning games and AJ is going to be a huge part of that.

I think that AJ has proven he still has a few solid years left in him even after half of Houston left him for dead during the 2011 season. AJ is going to be a big part of what this franchise's next coaching regime does. End of thread.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #185
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
AJ isnt going anywhere. We always upped the ante financially when we feels underpaid and just because we have some turmoil doesnt mean AJ wants to leave or that we should deal AJ. We are in the business of winning games and AJ is going to be a huge part of that.

I think that AJ has proven he still has a few solid years left in him even after half of Houston left him for dead during the 2011 season. AJ is going to be a big part of what this franchise's next coaching regime does. End of thread.
In the business of winning what?
Old 11-18-2013   #186
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
AJ will ask for a trade.

Watt will do the same.

Kubiak and Matt will still be here next year.

Houston sucks for football, has since Bum left ...
Step off the ledge..

AJ will not ask for a trade

Neither will Watt

Kubiak and Matt won't be here next season.. so embrace that, they're both already packing

Houston doesn't suck for football.. we just need new direction, the Saints even became a respectable team so it can happen here.

I'm tired of all of these.. "Watt's going to leave/woe is us" threads. Suck it up. Yes we suck, but that doesn't mean we'll always suck, sucking now will bring about change. Just sit back and watch the show.. and the show is called "how many different ways can Kubiak **** can himself" It's quite entertaining.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #187
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the business of winning what?
lol - just in the business of it. Didnt say we were accomplishing anything!
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-18-2013   #188
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
When did you see him sulking on the sidelines?
If "sulking" is too hard a word for you, we can go with any of the other synonyms, including but not limited to: brooding, cheerless, crabby, depressed, dismal, dour, fretful, frowning, gloomy, glum, gruff, grumpy, ill-humored, irritable, mean, moody, moping, morose, obstinate, ornery, pouting, pouty, sour, sourpussed, sulking, withdrawn.

A buddy of mine (a former Schaub guy, btw) has been at the last two home games (Colts, Raiders) and texted me throughout both. Schaub does not get involved with the QB meetings on the sideline when they are looking at overhead pictures and making adjustments. It has really bothered him because he thought Schaub was not like this, which really reminded him of the way Warren Moon used to sort of sulk by himself instead of being a leader.

Schaub is a grown assed man who has been a leader of this team for years. The message he has been sending with body language and pouty attitude speaks volumes about his mindset.

For instance, take a guy like Kurt Warner, who was a much better QB than Schaub and had much greater success. Even when he was a backup with the Giants and Cardinals, he was always involved in helping to develop the younger QBs ahead of him. He was a true team player and shared his knowledge, wisdom, and insight of the game with other QBs.

Then look at Schaub, off by himself, grim look on his face, and it's hard not to form a less-than-favorable opinion of him as a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
If AJ quit it was because the ball shouldn't have been thrown to him . It's at the 4:04 mark . he was in the slot at the inside of the T and the ball ended up at the E in Texans , with a lot of Raiders around .

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201311...enu=highlights
My immediate thought when I saw that pass was "WTF? Why was Schaub trying to force that pass??" Seemed like he was trying to prove a point instead of win the game.

That, or he just locked on a receiver and never saw anyone else open.

Either way, not a good look for a pro QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
What I saw in the AJ play is a throw into triple coverage in which one defender stepped in front of AJs route. I don't see what AJ could have done differently, except maybe get absolutely smashed and still not catch the ball.
yep. I honestly don't think AJ thought the ball would come his way with so many defenders right next to him. When there are 2-3 defenders on one receiver, surely there are other opportunities out there to be made by other receivers.

Not to write an excuse for AJ, but I think it was less 'quit' than it was assumption that nobody would be stupid enough to try that pass. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
on that last play Hopkins and Garrett were wide OPEN
That's what I was wondering about. Thanks for mentioning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ted Johnson was saying that Andre was upset that Schaub locked in on him and forced the ball to him. He was saying that Schaub should have gone somewhere else with the ball. He ended to route early because he saw it wasn't there (likely to try to get open if Schaub miraculously bought some time).
Pretty much confirms my gut reaction when it happened.

On one hand, he's had a rookie QB make some great passes that allowed AJ to show that he's still got it. Spectacular catches. Inspired. Things of beauty.

Then he sees a seasoned veteran, someone he's played with for years, try to force a pass to the worst possible spot in multiple coverage.

AJ walked off the field. I turned off the TV. We probably both thought the same thing: what a freakin' waste of time.
Old 11-18-2013   #189
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The last thing this team and fanbase needs is isolating Andre Johnson. The guy is more hungry for winning than anyone else, and he's put up with a lot of crap over the years.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #190
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If "sulking" ...
I haven't seen people complaining about Keenum wearing his helmet standing by himself yesterday. Hmmm. Maybe neither one is sulking.

People have not Schaub's gomer pyle/droopy dog demeanor for as long as he has been here. It didn't become sulking over night or at least it shouldn't.

Quote:
A buddy of mine (a former Schaub guy, btw) has been at the last two home games (Colts, Raiders) and texted me throughout both. Schaub does not get involved with the QB meetings on the sideline when they are looking at overhead pictures and making adjustments. It has really bothered him because he thought Schaub was not like this, which really reminded him of the way Warren Moon used to sort of sulk by himself instead of being a leader.
Well that is odd because I would have said exactly the opposite. Schaub notably stayed away the first start Keenum got. Said at the time that was the right move. He has increasingly been talking to Keenum and the QB coach, pointing at the overheads, etc. since then.

Quote:
For instance, take a guy like Kurt Warner, who was a much better QB than Schaub and had much greater success. Even when he was a backup with the Giants and Cardinals, he was always involved in helping to develop the younger QBs ahead of him. He was a true team player and shared his knowledge, wisdom, and insight of the game with other QBs.
Well barring some better indication I will trust Keenum's own statements that Schaub has been very involved and helpful.
Old 11-18-2013   #191
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
The last thing this team and fanbase needs is isolating Andre Johnson. The guy is more hungry for winning than anyone else, and he's put up with a lot of crap over the years.
I think his tweet was including the entire WR corps, not just AJ.
Old 11-18-2013   #192
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
lol - just in the business of it. Didnt say we were accomplishing anything!
Lol I hope things change next year.
Old 11-18-2013   #193
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This summarizes the absurdity and obnoxiousness of all the petulant and fickle fans.

"Matt Schaub mentally the worst QB in NFL history"? Wow! really? I guess his wins, the probowls, etc... are the result of his dependence on his special athletic and physical tools. Yeah, that must be it.
schaub was at the right place at the right time.

most (if not all) nfl qb's could have achieved what he accomplished prior to the league catching on to kubiak's scheme and the strong talent around him.

once both of those factors deteriorated, the real schaub stood up. coincidentally it happened right around the time boy genius rick smith handed him that ludicrous contract extension.

and probowls are nothing to hang your hat on... for god's sake, wade smith was a probowler last year, and by all accounts he sucked (and continues to suck).
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #194
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Step off the ledge..

AJ will not ask for a trade

Neither will Watt

Kubiak and Matt won't be here next season.. so embrace that, they're both already packing

Houston doesn't suck for football.. we just need new direction, the Saints even became a respectable team so it can happen here.

I'm tired of all of these.. "Watt's going to leave/woe is us" threads. Suck it up. Yes we suck, but that doesn't mean we'll always suck, sucking now will bring about change. Just sit back and watch the show.. and the show is called "how many different ways can Kubiak **** can himself" It's quite entertaining.
that's not enough... rick smith HAS to go as well.
Old 11-18-2013   #195
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Schaub mentally is the worst qb in nfl history... yes that includes David Carr. Kubiak is the stupidest coach in nfl history.
Everyone's dissapointed with this season, but joining the forum just post silly hyperbole adds no value to the discussion.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #196
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre knows it is a waste of time to argue with a crazy person.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #197
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Everyone's dissapointed with this season, but joining the forum just post silly hyperbole adds no value to the discussion.
As far as extending the play... Schaub's mental lapses under pressure combined with his scared thoughts of being hit or just plain failing is the worst I've ever seen. Name someone worst in that one category... don't sit up here and think I'm just posting to post and talk meaningless trash. Think about this regarding to Matt Schaub as a qb. This is his first year where his line was average to below average and nfl defenses forced him to extend plays 8 out of 10 times... now you can see plain as day what Matt Schaub is and always was. As far as Kubiak goes there needs to be no explanation.
Old 11-18-2013   #198
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
that's not enough... rick smith HAS to go as well.
Oh.. we're getting a complete new admin

Wade will be gone as well... as will his dumbass man coverage.

The last defensive staff we had couldn't get out of the zone and I bitched and moaned about it. This moron can't get out of man coverage despite the fact that we don't have man corners outside of Joseph and running that type of coverage isn't successful if the pass rush doesn't get there... and it's not getting there at all.

Main problem is, Wade's defense is too dam predictable. He blitzes more than any other team in the league and runs nothing but man coverage... so opposing offenses know exactly what's coming to them.. a blitz and nothing but man coverage. When you already know what to expect and know what's coming, then you have a advantage.

I hope the next D coord. that we hire can actually time his blitzes and can mix up his coverage schemes.. we need a mixture of both man and zone to throw opposing offenses off/keep them guessing which will allow us to actually be able to force turnovers.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013   #199
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is my desktop background until Gary Kubiak is gone.
Old 11-18-2013   #200
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
As far as extending the play... Schaub's mental lapses under pressure combined with his scared thoughts of being hit or just plain failing is the worst I've ever seen. Name someone worst in that one category... don't sit up here and think I'm just posting to post and talk meaningless trash. Think about this regarding to Matt Schaub as a qb. This is his first year where his line was average to below average and nfl defenses forced him to extend plays 8 out of 10 times... now you can see plain as day what Matt Schaub is and always was. As far as Kubiak goes there needs to be no explanation.
i have to agree with this.

when has schaub ever showed up in a big game?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read