Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013   #1081
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10.
keenum hasn't even won a game lol
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1082
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.
Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1083
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
Yep, because he's the one kicking field goals. In his first 3 starts we had 5 missed field goals and lost all 3 by a combined 7 points.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1084
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol!!!!
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1085
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...

Keenum, for the most part, has done his job where others have failed miserably...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1086
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
A) is the reason this team is where it is now. Short term thinking, everyone trying to save their jobs. I have been saying this for years
I've wanted Schaubiak gone for years. All I'm saying is that I understand why Kubiak did what he did.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1087
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've wanted Schaubiak gone for years. All I'm saying is that I understand why Kubiak did what he did.
They should have been gone in 2010...

that is what we fans get to deal with, having a business man for an owner and not a football man...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2013   #1088
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
Yep, because he's the one kicking field goals. In his first 3 starts we had 5 missed field goals and lost all 3 by a combined 7 points.

Quote:
you are correct, however is that all on Keenum?

Guess I should have worded that better, Keenum has done more in 4 games as a QB and putting his team in a position to win, than Schaub has in the last 10 games...
doing nothing in the 2nd half is not really putting your team in position to win games.

yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone in the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.

i like keenum but he is not above criticism.
Old 11-17-2013   #1089
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Case got us in field goal range against the colts. Bullock missed a few kicks.

But who cares. What has Schaub done with his career? Hell, this season. What has Schaub done? LoL?

It was a bad move going back to Schaub. Now what are you going to do? Start Schaub ? Go back to case?

The team is completely ****ed up now.
Of course it was a bad move and of course he's going to stick with Schaub.

What you guys are not acknowledging is that if it saves his job then it will be worth it for him. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now.

That's all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with what he did, but I totally understand why he did it.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1090
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93882 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1091
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah fat aggy has had his problem but keenum also was not able to get the ball in the endzone and the 2nd half of games and had chances to win games on his own.
No one wearing a Texans uniform has been able to score TDs or win games in the second half.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1092
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.
#1...keenum isn't a rookie...#2 what makes you think that keenum was gonna do any more than he's done in the previous 3 games he started? All his games have followed a familiar pattern.....look like Jesus in cleats the 1st half, and then an undrafted 2nd year qb in the 2nd...

another thing peopLe are overlooking is he's turned the ball over pretty regularly in his starts JUST LIKE SCHAUB HAS and those TO's have led to point on the board JUST LIKE SCHAUB's....

I get it, people wanna see something to get excited about...but keenum in the 2nd half has been just as inept as Schaub has. The blueprint is out there for keenum now...I wouldn't expect much more from here from here on out...I mean if the raiders can come in and execute it....The team as a whole stinks...doesn't matter who the qb is....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1093
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
No one wearing a Texans uniform has been able to score TDs or win games in the second half.
truth.

now we're seeing all the problems we failed to acknowledge because we thought schaub was the only problem.

what a mess of a team this is.
Old 11-17-2013   #1094
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24657 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
All this talk about our QB is covering up the biggest issue on the team IMO which is the piss poor defense. Kubes can fuk off and take Wade with him.
Yeah Wade's defense gets worse every year. The man never makes adjustments. Good thing about Wade though is supposedly he was big on drafting JJ Watt...so there is that.
Old 11-17-2013   #1095
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Heard AJ and schaub had to be separated
I want to know more.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1096
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course it was a bad move and of course he's going to stick with Schaub.

What you guys are not acknowledging is that if it saves his job then it will be worth it for him. He doesn't care about the future, he cares about the now.

That's all I'm trying to say. I don't agree with what he did, but I totally understand why he did it.
And what I'm saying is that if kubiak believed that Schaub was the difference between being employed here next year he's dumber than I thought.

I thought that even if case lost every game he started a case could be made for kubiak playing out the last year of his deal.

But even if you put Matt in and he wins, so what?

What are you going to trot back out as the starter next year because he played ok at the end of the year?

I just don't agree with what you're saying. But I do respect your opinion. It's all good.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1097
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
truth.

now we're seeing all the problems we failed to acknowledge because we thought schaub was the only problem.
I don't think everyone thought Schaub was the only problem. We just recognized with an O-line this bad, a guy who stands there like a statue gives you little chance to win. Keenum has more mobility out of the blitz, but still has trouble picking it up. The coaches need to be dialing up more plays to use against the blitz. The QB also needs to learn to see it at the line and change it up -- assuming Keenum is being given the latitude to do so.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1098
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22044 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I want to know more.

can you be fly on the wall.
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1099
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I don't think everyone thought Schaub was the only problem. We just recognized with an O-line this bad, a guy who stands there like a statue gives you little chance to win. Keenum has more mobility out of the blitz, but still has trouble picking it up. The coaches need to be dialing up more plays to use against the blitz. The QB also needs to learn to see it at the line and change it up -- assuming Keenum is being given the latitude to do so.
some people on this site were ignorant to think a "mobile" qb would automatically make this team much much better.

but the truth is poor o-line play is a cancer that affects anything you want to do on offense. you may live a little longer but you will still die in the long run.
Old 11-17-2013   #1100
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone notice Schaub not looking at Dennison when he was blasting the team. It looked like he was looking up to Kubiak making eye contact to put him in. Wonder if Kubiak told him he was going to put him in when they we spooning last night.

TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read