Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013   #1061
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by A time to chill View Post
I hope I watch Sportscenter tonight and see the following:

"Breaking News: Kubiak fired in Houston"

McNair just needs to end this now.
He is too busy counting his money
Old 11-17-2013   #1062
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oakland Raiders @ Houston Texans. 11/17. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
He didnt do anything all day, he threw a bunch of wide open underneath routes that the defense was giving them since they know Schaub wont beat them deep.
But neither did keenum, so what's your point?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1063
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Well that's the problem with Schaub, isn't it? He always gets us yards. It's why when this losing began we were a top five offense by yardage. Problem is that's all it is. He doesn't get you touchdowns. Just field goals over and over. In this league you need touchdowns. So basically Schaub=field goal-a-thon.
I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1064
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Kubiak TRYING to get fired? Why did he bench Keenam for SCHAUB?!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1065
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tj yates !!!!!!!

Keenum has failed Schaub has failed Next man UP LES GO!!!!!!!!!

TJ !!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1066
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12625 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I'm not disagreeing. But what has Case done in the 2nd half the last 4 weeks that makes him the better option?

I know most fans have tuned out mentally and just care about the future. I do too. But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.
I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1067
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tj yates !!!!!!!

yep Cases 1 int, he will never see another NFL field, what a screw up.....
Old 11-17-2013   #1068
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Keenum has failed Schaub has failed Next man UP LES GO!!!!!!!!!

TJ !!!!

Lol...

Screw it. I don't even care who's qb anymore.

I'm honestly starting to wonder if kubiak is subconciously not giving other qb's a chance to really succeed.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1069
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Mgclocen JUST BEAT US !!!!!! JUST torched us

This was his first NFL game ever can u believe that !!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1070
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90121 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Keenum hasn't failed. If he had a new coach then he would have a long leash to learn and get better.

Instead he has a lame duck coach trying to save his job who will risk the future to try and win a couple games and save his job for another year.

I'd like to see him get a shot under a new coaching staff.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-17-2013   #1071
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll pass.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1072
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I realize that. But seeing as (a) I don't see any upside potential in staying with Schaub, (b) I don't think he gives us much better chance to win (if at all) and (c) I don't want to see Kubiak keep his job, I don't like any of it.
a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-17-2013   #1073
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
you gotta see how it turns out. you don't know.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1074
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Never did like the teacher's pet
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1075
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard AJ and schaub had to be separated
Old 11-17-2013   #1076
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What the he'll has MS done in his whole career
Old 11-17-2013   #1077
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But you guys are failing to look at both sides of the picture and realize that Kubiak is coaching for his job and he thought Schaub gave them the best chance to win in the 2nd half.
he's been thinking that about schaub for a long time. that's why you have so many people on here pissed off.

the game was still relatively close. you have to let things play out. you throw case to the 1st place chiefs and colts yet you won't let him finish against the raiders? how long have we given MS?
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1078
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I can dissect the psychology of this from my couch.

Any normal human being is not going to call out Dre on the sideline in front if everyone. That was a dumb ass thing to do by Matt.

But he's like the spoiled kid or the teachers pet that can do no wrong. So he doesn't do normal things like go talk to Dre one on one or just let it go. Instead he acts like his **** doesn't stink and he goes at the best player the franchise has ever had. The guy who would never call him out even when he's deserved it.

How dare Matt Schaub do such a thing? How could he possibly think for a second that was a good idea?

You know what. Fuk Schaub and fuk kubiak. Fuk them. They are both losers. Fuk them.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1079
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Keenum has done more in 4 games than Schaub has done in his last 10. Does Keenum look like an undrafted rookie QB, at some time he does, there is no arguing that,

however Mat Schaub is a 10 year vet, 8 with this system and he looks like an undrafted rookie QB....

I, as a fan, have no problem with Keenum making his mistakes, trial by fire, because for every 1 mistake he makes, he is making 3 good plays. Not saying he is the answer and Keenum has a long way to go to establish himself as a starter, but he defiantly isn't close to being the problem.

Kubiak today was EXACTLY where he needed to be, in the press box, looking like an OC instead of a HC.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013   #1080
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
a) There is no upside with Schaub, but that's not the point. If he gets a couple wins and preserves Kubiak's job for another year then Gary is going to play him.

b) I don't either, but I understand why Kubiak did what he did. Case has struggled in the 2nd half so he tried to capture magic in a bottle with Schaub. He almost did.

c) Kubiak should have been fired years ago. That won's stop him from doing everything he can to save it though.
A) is the reason this team is where it is now. Short term thinking, everyone trying to save their jobs. I have been saying this for years

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read