Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/24. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Quote:
For the past two seasons, the Houston Texans sat atop the AFC South while the Jacksonville Jaguars were near or at the bottom.

Mired in a franchise-worst eight-game skid, the Texans hope to avoid sharing a spot in the division basement with the visiting Jaguars by recording a sixth consecutive victory in the series Sunday.

Houston (2-8) went 22-10 the last two seasons and set its sights on a third straight division title before a 30-9 loss at Baltimore in Week 3 began what's been one of the most frustrating stretches in team history.

While trying to overcome the loss of stars Brian Cushing and Arian Foster to season-ending injuries, the Texans emotionally dealt with the mini-stroke suffered by coach Gary Kubiak earlier this month.

However, Kubiak is entertaining questions about his job security after Sunday's 28-23 home loss to Oakland generated more concern. Kubiak benched quarterback Case Keenum, Matt Schaub and receiver Andre Johnson argued on the sideline after a late failed fourth-down pass attempt and running back Ben Tate called out some fans on a radio show for booing during the game.

"I could feel a lot better. I know that," said Kubiak, who hopes to coach from the sideline and not the press box Sunday. ''I'm just one of many people. Every player, every coach, it has been very difficult.

"It's tough on the organization, everybody, our fans. I feel a lot like everybody else, but I'm the guy that has got to get in there and figure out a way for us to work through it and that's what I'm trying to do."

Kubiak insists he's not lost his team.

"I don't see anybody fraying," he said. "I'm honest with them with where we're at and what we do every day. We're in there working our tails off, just trying to work our way out of this."

Keenum will be back under center for a fifth straight start. He threw for 170 yards with a touchdown and his first interception but was pulled after Houston punted on its first three drives of the second half.

Quote:
What I want to see:

Case getting reps ALL game

No, no, no Kubiak...do not take him out!

Protection of Keenum/run blocking being crucial

Not only should they protect 7, but opening holes up for Mr. Tate, opening up the obvious play action

Hey defense, how bout a stop?

Simple enough, right? I'm talking about the BIG stop.

Fundamentals

Holding on to the ball, penalties, tackling. You name it; it needs to be fixed.

No speeches, no pep talk; nothing. Just act like you have a damned pulse. Easy enough, fellas. Fans may not care, but show that YOU do, guys on the field. If you want to win...THEN GO DO IT!
Old 11-24-2013   #2
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 50351 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/24. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

At this point every win postpones success. Lose admirably Texans.
Old 11-24-2013   #3
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55057 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/24. Noon. CBS. **Official Game Thread**

Neg they must win because I will be in attendance.
Old 11-24-2013   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Correction in the OP

If they lose against the Jags, they won't share the bottom of the division, they'll have sole ownership of it due to head to head tie breakers.

I know, it's sad to even fathom that.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

My daughter and I will be at the game, section 135, hoping to change the karma in Reliant Stadium.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #6
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Correction in the OP

If they lose against the Jags, they won't share the bottom of the division, they'll have sole ownership of it due to head to head tie breakers.

I know, it's sad to even fathom that.
They'll have gone from #1 power ranking (which they were all so keen to celebrate) to #32 in less than a year.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
At this point every win postpones success. Lose admirably Texans.
I hate to say it but you may be right. I'm ready to clean house and I feel very excited about the 2014 NFL Draft. I know there are six games left starting today, but my mind is already focused on both the off-season and the 2014 season as a Texans fan. If losing to those little kitty cats twice in the next three games can help us turn things around quicker next season then so be it.
Old 11-24-2013   #8
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
They'll have gone from #1 power ranking (which they were all so keen to celebrate) to #32 in less than a year.
We can manage man. The sooner the 2013 season comes to an end the better.
Old 11-24-2013   #9
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
We can manage man. The sooner the 2013 season comes to an end the better.
I know dude, a lot has been made of the waste of talent over the past couple of years but I still believe it is just a change of coaching philosophy required.

Sure we've lost a lot of mid-level talent and role players, but we still have all the elite level talent required to be successful.

A strong draft under a new philosophy can replace a lot of those guys like dreessen, casey, Quin, brisel, winston, and the like who are necessary components to a successful team, but are replaceable with half decent drafting and player development, that's how we got them in the first place after all, and it was the right decision not to overpay for most of those cases, it is in the breakdown of talent identification and player development coaching that we have failed to remain on top. A 2006 style draft from a new regime could add back in all those mid level type talents and add an extra elite piece or two with our top pick and a gem unearthed in the mid rounds.

We're likely to have a chance at a bona fide 1st round talent with our second round pick just as we got with demeco as well.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52230 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

People who want us to lose are pathetic losers.

Beat the **** out of Jacksoffville, please.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #11
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post

Nobody wants the Texans to lose. They are just intelligent enough to realize the bigger picture. We may have to clean house in the off-season and bring in an entirely new coaching staff. Much less worry about who we're going to draft with our first-round pick. These problems run much deeper than you or anybody thinking we can win today's game realize.
Old 11-24-2013   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I will not accept going into a game wanting to lose. I just will not do that. The Texans have NOT reached the futility level of the Oilers. Frankly, I'm not sure they can in my eyes.

Beat the crap out of Jacksonville. I want to see Keenum throw for 6 TDs while we beat the frigging kittens by 40 points or more.

GO TEXANS

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #13
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I will not accept going into a game wanting to lose. I just will not do that. The Texans have NOT reached the futility level of the Oilers. Frankly, I'm not sure they can in my eyes.

Beat the crap out of Jacksonville. I want to see Keenum throw for 6 TDs while we beat the frigging kittens by 40 points or more.

GO TEXANS

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still bad enough and will lose enough games to get a high draft pick. We sure as hell do not want to lose to the Jags.
Old 11-24-2013   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still bad enough and will lose enough games to get a high draft pick. We sure as hell do not want to lose to the Jags.
Yes. My thoughts exactly. We are still drafting in the top ten. I want to see us end this losing streak today. I'm tired of looking at the pictures of a dejected Watts, players fighting amongst themselves and I want Keenum to get his first win under his belt.

The losing ends today.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #15
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

San Diego @ Kansas City (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK, HI]
NY Jets @ Baltimore (blue) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (barney) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Jacksonville @ Houston (aqua) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
Indianapolis @ Arizona (green - LATE) -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Tennessee @ Oakland (yellow - LATE) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon

Officiating crew: Mike Carey

Game Release

Andre Johnson needs 10 catches to get to 900. If he gets them today he will tie Marvin Harrison for fastest ever.

Last edited by TejasTom; 11-24-2013 at 08:23 AM.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165649 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post

San Diego @ Kansas City (red) -- Jim Nantz, Phil Simms [AK, HI]
NY Jets @ Baltimore (purple) -- Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland (barney) -- Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Jacksonville @ Houston (aqua) -- Bill Macatee, Steve Tasker, Steve Beuerlein
Indianapolis @ Arizona (green - LATE) -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts
Tennessee @ Oakland (yellow - LATE) -- Marv Albert, Rich Gannon

Officiating crew: Mike Carey

Game Release

Andre Johnson needs 10 catches to get to 900. If he gets them today he will tie Marvin Harrison for fastest ever.
Tasker has never been kind to the Texans. I'm am looking to be "dressed down" throughout the game........Lord help us if we lose.......he will be unmerciful.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #18
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Exactly!!!

Just win, that's all I care about. We're already at a low this season, but losing to the Jags at home will be an all time franchise history low.

If you want a sure fire way unattract free agents, and encourage current Texans to leave, then yes... continue to lose. SMH!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #19
escrimador
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 escrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respectedescrimador is a quality contributor and well respected

Release the anger. There is no loss. Care not about draft position. All that remains today is the love of the game (and a vicodin cocktail). Go Texans!
escrimador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69966 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Yes. My thoughts exactly. We are still drafting in the top ten. I want to see us end this losing streak today. I'm tired of looking at the pictures of a dejected Watts, players fighting amongst themselves and I want Keenum to get his first win under his belt.

The losing ends today.
^^^^
This

Losing attitude begats more losing.

I want to see Case play well in the 2nd half, despite Gary's lack of adjustments and show further progression in his game.

Go Texans
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read