Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 07-12-2005   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow LA...Not If, But Who and When

Sounds to me like a decision has been made.
The NFL is going to LA.
If I was a fan of any team who doesn't have new digs or a huge income stream I would be nervous.

The NFL has targeted this fall as a date for choosing a site for its return to Los Angeles, a process that has been narrowed to the Coliseum and Anaheim.

cac:
Old 07-12-2005   #2
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 376 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is anyone who followes the NFL suprised that the league would want a piece of the largest tv market in the country? Remember that LA was considered a lock for the 32nd franchise.
bigfan77801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 185201 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Deja vu all over again

Quote:
The NFL is going to LA.
That's sounds familiar. I seem to remember hearing the same thing about 6 years ago.

And both of the LA pro football fans begin to celebrate!
Old 07-13-2005   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I thought NY was the largest tv market in the country.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #5
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

There are plenty of NFL football fans out there. But since it's such a melting pot of people from all over the country, they are fans of teams elsewhere. They only seem to take their University football teams seriously around the area.
Good Luck to whoever lands out there!
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Unless the Raiders move back, whatever teams ends up there will not get the support. The league will still make money off of it but LA has had teams in the past. There's a reason why they left.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005   #7
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the answer could be to have a game from each of the 3 existing Cali teams in LA each year. Not an exhibition game, but a regular season home game from each team. Then the LA market is tapped a few times and maybe everyone would be happy.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 07-13-2005   #8
Fury
Rookie

I bet Wayne Weaver is doing a happy dance about all this.
Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #9
MarleyFan
Veteran

Raiders are guaranteed in Oakland for five more years, I heard the Saints might be a possibility.
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005   #10
Fury
Rookie

Saints go to L.A. (though I would hate this), and the Jags go to Vegas. Those 2 new markets would be great. When the new collective bargaining agreement goes through, moving these 2 teams will not only benefit them. The way it will be structured the moves would be benefiting the whole league, due to the profit-sharing that will be implemented into the new deal.
Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #11
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

san diego chargers
new orlean saints
jacksonville jags
carolina panthers
tampa bay bucs
st. louis rams

if they decide to move to LA, these are the teams to watch.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
san diego chargers
new orlean saints
jacksonville jags
carolina panthers
tampa bay bucs
st. louis rams

if they decide to move to LA, these are the teams to watch.
If those are the teams to watch then I vote for the Rams (But I also want to point out that I don't want to see anyone lose their team).

Go home Rams. "St Louis Rams" sounds silly, "Los Angelas Rams" sounds much better.

Then the Cardinals need to go back home to St Louis where they belong.

This leaves a hole in Arizona but honestly, I don't think a team should have ever been sent into the burning desert to begin with. That was Bidwell's stupid idea.

Someone should sue Al Davis for something and even if you have to rig the court and bribe a judge or jury the Raiders need to be taken away from him. Then the new owner needs to sign a 50 year lease to stay in Oakland along with an open letter forever renouncing any so-called "rights" to the Los Angelas market (or any other market not called "Oakland")

Finally to complete my NFL "corrections" the citizens of Baltimore should be given an opportunity to vote on whether or not they want the name and history of the Colts returned to them. If they decide to pass on it then fine, Indy can keep it. If they decide to take it back then Indy has to give it up and must rename their team and pick new colors.

Same with the citizens of Houston (though I'm sure we all know what the outcome of that vote's going to be). It's the principle of the thing though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read