Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2013   #41
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Oh boy.. Kubiak says Schaub working hard to get back..

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #42
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The thing is Kubiak didn't say this four, five, six weeks ago.

It was like Schaub is our QB; he will work through this.

He earned his grade, just like I (Kubiak) did.
We can still be here even though we suck, LOL.
doesn't matter when he said it, at the end of the day what was Schaub supposed to do? quit the team & not dress b/c he's not the starter anymore?

hell, what was Kubiak supposed to say about Schaub? "Matt?... well he's content where he's at now, I think he'll put it in cruise control for the rest of the season until we inevitably release him.."

C'mon you guys are getting your panties in wad over nothing. I'd expect nothing less from a professional.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think this is Kubiak playing up Schaub to set up a trade. There are teams out there desperate for a QB, so I will not be shocked if Matt is starting for a team next year.

Kubiak hears the voices. He feels the heat. Leaks are coming out of the FO that are not by accident. This is a franchise that always hides their cards, so when we start hearing the rumblings, something is going on. Same thing as 2005 in that regard.

I'm still not sure if McNair fires Kubiak. Probably depends on the rest of this season and how the players respond to him. McNair has always been high on the idea of a coach keeping the locker room. While fans will certainly scream bloody murder, I'm not convinced at this point that Kubiak is gone.

Maybe I'm completely off and Kubiak is oblivious and wants to start Schaub. But I do not believe he's that naive or dumb. This statement is some kind of jedi mind trick or sleight of hand illusion.
Old 11-13-2013   #44
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The great thing about DVR is the ability to watch an entire football game in about an hour. Even less if the game is horrible. Fast forward through all the blabbity blab between plays and you could probably clock in around 35-40 minutes.

I can understand that. I will watch the games to see if they have hit rock bottom and starting going up. If Case had an OL, we'd be at least entertaining. But you bet your behind you won't find me wearing any Texans gear until they start acting like a organization that wants to be the real deal. It's utterly embarrassing.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see why he didn't just say"Case has the job but matt is ready to roll"

I was wrong about case. I wasn't one of the case club members before this started
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #46
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I can understand that. I will watch the games to see if they have hit rock bottom and starting going up. If Case had an OL, we'd be at least entertaining. But you bet your behind you won't find me wearing any Texans gear until they start acting like a organization that wants to be the real deal. It's utterly embarrassing.

I still wear the gear. I know bob and the front office have standards.

All this turmoil reminds me of a parent that first sends their perfect angel to college and then find out that their perfect angel actually has a wild streak and the parent is trying to real that angel back in being they are paying for his/her college

But I also live in a small ass town 20k+
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
I hear ya' about Texans gear. I have a couple of black baseball hats with no logo on them. I wear those things when the Texans get to Code Red embarrassment levels.

And it's not that I'm embarrassed as a fan, but rather I just don't feel like talking to the random stranger who wants to engage me in conversation and put me in position to defend being a fan. Mainly because they never have anything interesting to say and it's like talking to some doofus on talk radio. I aint' got time for that!
Old 11-13-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
doesn't matter when he said it, at the end of the day what was Schaub supposed to do? quit the team & not dress b/c he's not the starter anymore?

hell, what was Kubiak supposed to say about Schaub? "Matt?... well he's content where he's at now, I think he'll put it in cruise control for the rest of the season until we inevitably release him.."

C'mon you guys are getting your panties in wad over nothing. I'd expect nothing less from a professional.
This has nothing to do with Schaub, but everything with Kubiak.

Personally, I had supported both of them from the start.
But you cannot have double standard.

It only make Schaub look worse.
The comment that Keenum needs to continue to play well to stay in there is actually a blow to Schaub.

Schaub didn't play well for a long time, but held on to the job.

Even though Kubiak might not mean it, but he makes it sound like "I'm ready to put Schaub in the first moment Keenum has a slight flaw."

Why?
A young player can use more rope, while as a veteran needs no baby-sitting.
But Kubiak sounds like he's giving tough love to the youngster, and baby-sitting the veteran still.

Bowing out gracefully is the way to go; you don't want to make it more akward, which is what Kubiak is doing.

He's not doing Schaub a favor.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #49
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 7186 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

What he should say but won't is:

"We're going to see how Case performs the rest of the year...we'll need more than just three games to evaluate him...Matt will be ready if Case gets hurt."

In my opinion, that's the only way to go, because this season is lost, and Kubes should know that. He's got to see if Case can be the starting QB next year, and to make an informed judgment, he needs to let him go the rest of the time. But, maybe he's just pushing Case to work that much harder...who knows.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #50
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll root for this team no matter what. Doesn't mean I can't get mad about the **** they do or criticize their movements. I'll be a Texans fan even if we don't win a single game this year. It hurts like hell to see them lose but that's the price of being a fan.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #51
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is a complete joke right now. I'm sick of this ****.
Old 11-13-2013   #52
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46138 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are reading way too much into this; some might say you're picking nits.

The season is over, for all intents and purposes. What's the benefit of naming Case starter? How about you let him compete for it week to week and monitor his improvement. I would be SHOCKED if Schaub's "hard work in practice" gets him back his starting role unless Keenum is hurt.

I have absolutely no problem with this at the moment.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I'll root for this team no matter what. Doesn't mean I can't get mad about the **** they do or criticize their movements. I'll be a Texans fan even if we don't win a single game this year. It hurts like hell to see them lose but that's the price of being a fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
This team is a complete joke right now. I'm sick of this ****.
Welcome to the old Oilers heartache, LOL.
Old 11-13-2013   #54
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Welcome to the old Oilers heartache, LOL.
It's Déjà vu all over again.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #55
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's Déjà vu all over again.
Mais Monsieur Thorn, vous parlez francais, LOL.
Old 11-13-2013   #56
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mais Monsieur Thorn, vous parlez francais, LOL.
No, I had to look it up in google to spell it right. Just like I had to look that up to see what you were saying. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #57
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
No, I had to look it up in google to spell it right. Just like I had to look that up to see what you were saying. LOL
google translate is the best invention ever....
Old 11-13-2013   #58
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

This about sums it up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZlFhItw5Vk
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #59
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This has nothing to do with Schaub, but everything with Kubiak.

Personally, I had supported both of them from the start.
But you cannot have double standard.

It only make Schaub look worse.
The comment that Keenum needs to continue to play well to stay in there is actually a blow to Schaub.

Schaub didn't play well for a long time, but held on to the job.

Even though Kubiak might not mean it, but he makes it sound like "I'm ready to put Schaub in the first moment Keenum has a slight flaw."

Why?
A young player can use more rope, while as a veteran needs no baby-sitting.
But Kubiak sounds like he's giving tough love to the youngster, and baby-sitting the veteran still.

Bowing out gracefully is the way to go; you don't want to make it more akward, which is what Kubiak is doing.

He's not doing Schaub a favor.
Agreed.

One thing to say "Schaub's working hard. Not happy with where he's at, but he's doing fine".

Just sounds like he's itching to get Schaub back in as starter and that shouldn't even be an option.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #60
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Kubiak is trying to create some trade value.
That's the only thing that makes any sense to me ..... Otherwise there is no way you even talk about Schaub getting back on the field.

BUT .... who wants to trade for a guy who's going to cost them as much as Schaub will when they can simply wait till he's cut and get him for cheap as a FA.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read