Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2013   #281
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed released

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I wanted DJ Swearinger in the draft before we ever let Quin go. I was against the Ed Reed signing from the start. I thought Quin was a good player that should have been retained, or at least have his departure planned for by drafting a safety the year before or something. Ed Reed was his replacement plan. IMO at the time, it didn't take a genius to figure out that was going to suck.
Like I mentioned. Good or bad. I figured he was brought in short term as an answer to Brady and manning. that was all, plus obviously Watts greatest season ever as a. 3-4 DE hid a lot of our defensive weaknesses that McNair, the coaches, and the fans didn't see what was coming this season
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #282
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
They aren't leaders... they want to win but they don't hold any weight on the head coach or owner.
Surely Cush does. He's white.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #283
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Really??? REALLY?????

WOW Wow to the bolded!! That's pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen!

There were some other responses to cstyles posts that I wanted to quote but couldn't find them.....

*EDIT*

EFF ME!! Apparently I've been so absentee that I don't remember how to "bold" someone's quote!! FML!

Bill!!
Lol. I'm fairly certain both posters were bs'ing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #284
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Really??? REALLY?????

WOW Wow to the bolded!! That's pretty much one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever seen!

There were some other responses to cstyles posts that I wanted to quote but couldn't find them.....

*EDIT*

EFF ME!! Apparently I've been so absentee that I don't remember how to "bold" someone's quote!! FML!

Bill!!
It sounds crazy now but so did Schaub sucks 5 years ago... 5 years from now everyone will know. At the end of the season the people that are really the problem like Schaub, Kubiak, Special teams coach and Kicker will be cut with class not in middle of the season like Reed, Jefferson, Wood, Montgomery and Dobbins. Only thing that makes sense is to bring up how the salary cap would be affected by each guy. Maybe that's just how the cards fell. It would have been better to just get rid of everyone at the end of the season but it's Bob's club not mine.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #285
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Lol. I'm fairly certain both posters were bs'ing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, first poster actually believes that Reed was cut because he's black. Second was obviously pointing out that Rick Smith is black.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #286
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank goodness, Reed sucked and has been a waste of time and money since he came to the Texans!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #287
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 2473 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Surely Cush does. He's white.
Cush is a good guy but he got his money and he's hurt he has his health to think about. He's said things on the sideline in games that I like but he won't ever direct that to the coaching staff, media or owner. Only certain players do that I believe every team needs that one guy so in terms of that Reed did us a favor and in return we did him a favor. Now he can really do what he needs to do retire... with free money.
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2013   #288
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Does this really deserve a 15 page thread? he's released it didn't work out time to move on.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #289
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It sounds crazy now but so did Schaub sucks 5 years ago... 5 years from now everyone will know. At the end of the season the people that are really the problem like Schaub, Kubiak, Special teams coach and Kicker will be cut with class not in middle of the season like Reed, Jefferson, Wood, Montgomery and Dobbins. Only thing that makes sense is to bring up how the salary cap would be affected by each guy. Maybe that's just how the cards fell. It would have been better to just get rid of everyone at the end of the season but it's Bob's club not mine.
Allow me to introduce you to my friend Dex.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #290
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Does this really deserve a 15 page thread? he's released it didn't work out time to move on.
This thread has more pages than reed had tackles.
Old 11-12-2013   #291
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Putting aside the racism allegation, there are cap reasons you are missing. Jefferson, Wood & Montgomery were not vested veterans so they were owed no further salary plus they were being cut for misconduct. Reed will still get his base money but not the $62.5k per game on top (almost $500k). There is no savings in cutting Schaub, Kubiak or Marciano on top of the fact there is no reason to make a mid-season coaching change.
Old 11-12-2013   #292
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio was on the radio a little while ago and said Ed was a huge leader for the db's. Said he stood up and said things others wouldn't so or didn't know how to say. Said the guys were always going to him talking about things.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #293
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Antonio was on the radio a little while ago and said Ed was a huge leader for the db's. Said he stood up and said things others wouldn't so or didn't know how to say. Said the guys were always going to him talking about things.
Ed Reed would make a good defensive backs coach.
Old 11-12-2013   #294
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
This thread has more pages than reed had tackles.
And these 15 pages only need to have one word: Good.
Old 11-12-2013   #295
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Lol he was the Django of the Texans... Wade Phillips was the German friend.
Old 11-12-2013   #296
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Putting aside the racism allegation, there are cap reasons you are missing. Jefferson, Wood & Montgomery were not vested veterans so they were owed no further salary plus they were being cut for misconduct. Reed will still get his base money but not the $62.5k per game on top (almost $500k). There is no savings in cutting Schaub, Kubiak or Marciano on top of the fact there is no reason to make a mid-season coaching change.
Allegedly misconduct... why hasn't that story came back up? Was it ever confirmed or not if it was weed or not? Dobbins was cut for what reason not being a good boy showing up to OTA's? Reed was cut for telling reporters the flat out truth. I wanted the team to hide behind the salary reason because it made sense to do so and it makes me feel better. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the only person that gets fired at the end of the year is the special teams coach. Then a lot of people on this board will be saying darn that cstyle42 dude is crazy but he was on to something. Watch Bob will feel sorry for Kubiak and understand. Schaub will be gone because he just has nothing to offer embarrassed himself and the city otherwise he would have got another chance.
Old 11-12-2013   #297
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub mental make up is gone...Brad Lidge 2.0 now
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #298
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. Lots of people won't be surprised if Kubiak and Smith are back even those who desperately want them gone. Of course you leave Smith out for your racism play.
Old 11-12-2013   #299
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

A miscreant trolls
a forest of digital
papyrus for poo
Old 11-12-2013   #300
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Don't pat yourself on the back too hard. Lots of people won't be surprised if Kubiak and Smith are back even those who desperately want them gone. Of course you leave Smith out for your racism play.
I put Smith and Andre Johnson in the same boat guys that are very important to the team and have big titles but are basically just doing what they are told versus saying or doing what they really want to do in their own minds that is best for the team. Lots don't believe that I just know that this is the kind of program the texans run. I respect Smith, Andre, Watt, Cushing, Foster... heck even Ed Reed but to ultimately win the super bowl or at least get there we have to get rid of this program for good. Start doing championship things...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read