Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013   #401
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Quote:
Greg Koch ‏@gregkoch1 1h

Just got report from source, Jon Gruden at IAH......hmm, sightseeing day after Thanksgiving?.....

Please, say IT AIN'T SO! No Chucky here. Please...
Considering that IAH is one of the largest airports on the planet earth, this is not surprising. Dude could have been connecting to another flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2013   #402
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Why do Gruden fans act like this helps him?

I guess Callahan was a better coach than Gruden since he got Gruden's team further than Gruden.
Not even close, the Raiders were knocking on the door when Gruden left. Hell, if not for the stupid Tuck rule, I think Gruden would have gotten there in Oak as well
Old 11-29-2013   #403
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple of years ago I talked with a guy who played under Gruden at Tampa Bay. He said that most of the players "managed to put up with him...and that's about it. He was kind of a hard-ass."

He went on to say "we wanted to like him, because he knew football. And he could have a good sense of humor. But he was really full of himself."

Gruden wouldn't be high on my wish list. But I do think his time at ESPN would help him if he coaches again. Might make him less of a "hard-ass."
Old 11-29-2013   #404
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You would think we would have learned change is not always good.

1st change under Gruden - Michael Vick.
At 2-9 change is not only a good thing, it's necessary if you want a winning team. A hardass would be a good fit for this team. Rather than the players coach softy/country club mentality that currently exists.

No to Jon Gruden, Yes to Jay Gruden, Jay has more fire and is an offensive mind, as well as being a hardass.

I garuntee you one thing Jay Gruden wouldn't be having an elective surgery during the combine after a glorious non playoff 9-7 season.
Old 11-29-2013   #405
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I garuntee you one thing Jay Gruden wouldn't be having an elective surgery during the combine after a glorious non playoff 9-7 season.
Man you go straight to spin everything once you decide not to like someone. Clearly you can guarantee no such thing. Calling Kubiak's two surgeries elective is a joke. Correcting sleep apnea is not cosmetic surgery. And duh, surgery would best be done in the off-season.

Last edited by infantrycak; 11-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 11-30-2013   #406
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man you go straight to spin everything once you decide not to like someone. Clearly you can guarantee no such thing. Calling Kubiak's two surgeries elective is a joke. Correcting sleep apnea is not cosmetic surgery. And duh, surgery would best be done in the off-season.
On that subject , I wonder if his one condition somehow led to the other ? I don't think anyone has ever questioned Kubiak's work ethic .
Old 11-30-2013   #407
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like the typical Kubiak apologists are still reaching to make it seem like this guy hasn't been a total embarrassing disaster here for the last 8 years. I find it amusing that people actually credit him for the first playoff season when it was Wade's defense that caused that all season when Yates was throwing check downs all season long and there was hardly any offense. Hell, if it wasn't for Mcnair Kubiak would have still kept Smith for another year. Lol!

Sorry guys, but all of those arguments for Kubiak over the years have all but failed over and over again. We're a worse team now then what we were in Dom Capers last season. I always found it funny that Kubiak's disciples in here would bash Capers on and on, but at the same time excuse and put Gary on a pedastool. Capers had some horrid seasons, but he had Carr and company and an expansion team he inherited with no Oline. Kubiak's had a ton of talent for several years and ran this team into the ground as if he was driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground.
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2013   #408
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Looks like the typical Kubiak apologists are still reaching to make it seem like this guy hasn't been a total embarrassing disaster here for the last 8 years. I find it amusing that people actually credit him for the first playoff season when it was Wade's defense that caused that all season when Yates was throwing check downs all season long and there was hardly any offense. Hell, if it wasn't for Mcnair Kubiak would have still kept Smith for another year. Lol!

Sorry guys, but all of those arguments for Kubiak over the years have all but failed over and over again. We're a worse team now then what we were in Dom Capers last season. I always found it funny that Kubiak's disciples in here would bash Capers on and on, but at the same time excuse and put Gary on a pedastool. Capers had some horrid seasons, but he had Carr and company and an expansion team he inherited with no Oline. Kubiak's had a ton of talent for several years and ran this team into the ground as if he was driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground.
This is such hateful bile... Exactly what defies logic. After taking that same disaster under capers and starting 0-4 with them in 2006, Texan fans did not root for a losing team in any season other than 2010 and this season. While those are not championship credentials, it also isn't "driving a jet 500 miles per hour into the ground". Also, why do you need everyone to hate Kubiak? Nobody is arguing for Kubiak to stay next year. So, what is this obsession with "apologists"? I have been marked as a Kubiak apologist, which is fine, but even I have blamed this disastrous season primarily on Kubiak's miscalculations and coaching limitations. So, what is it that you need exactly?
Old 11-30-2013   #409
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

taniaganguli Tania Ganguli
"@TravHaneyESPN: In recent days, I'd heard Aggies were more concerned about losing Sumlin to Texans than USC."
Old 11-30-2013   #410
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
"@TravHaneyESPN: In recent days, I'd heard Aggies were more concerned about losing Sumlin to Texans than USC."
Just what the fans want another Aggie who has never even won a confrence championship in COLLEGE.
Old 11-30-2013   #411
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just what the fans want another Aggie who has never even won a confrence championship in COLLEGE.
My impression of Sumlin is that he could be a very good NFL coach... I have concerns about how quickly he would successfully adapt his offense to the NFL. Mostly, though, I worry about what his defensive staff would look like. The day he would be hired, though, I would primarily experience optimism.
Old 11-30-2013   #412
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The offseason, after the combine.

I cant garuntee anything. But do you think Gruden would've had the surgery? Be honest.

How did I spin anything? Nice try counselor. Sorry the Gary thing didn't work out. Both of us wanted it to work out. Only one of us are being honest with ourselves.
Old 11-30-2013   #413
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
A crawl on ABC, just said that sumlin has agreed to a new 6 year contract with the Aggies
Old 11-30-2013   #414
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
My impression of Sumlin is that he could be a very good NFL coach... I have concerns about how quickly he would successfully adapt his offense to the NFL. Mostly, though, I worry about what his defensive staff would look like. The day he would be hired, though, I would primarily experience optimism.
Good for you and another 8 yrs of mental masturbation.

It doesn't bother you that Sumlin has never won anything despite having 2 of the greatest college QB's in NCAA history. (He didn't recruit either of them)

You really want Sumlin to lead a pro team? Give me Jay Gruden or Zimmer, people that have proven themselves in the NFL. As opposed to a guy that hasn't even proven he can win big at the college level.

Maybe winning isn't your, or BoB's #1 priority.
Old 11-30-2013   #415
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
A crawl on ABC, just said that sumlin has agreed to a new 6 year contract with the Aggies
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-at-texas-am/
Old 11-30-2013   #416
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Great news

Time for the Aggies to stop the Aggies to the Texans infestation.
Old 11-30-2013   #417
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The offseason, after the combine.

I cant garuntee anything. But do you think Gruden would've had the surgery? Be honest.

How did I spin anything? Nice try counselor. Sorry the Gary thing didn't work out. Both of us wanted it to work out. Only one of us are being honest with ourselves.
I honestly don't know what Gruden would do and neither do you. You claiming to know is spinning and being dishonest with yourself.
Old 11-30-2013   #418
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I honestly don't know what Gruden would do and neither do you. You claiming to know is spinning and being dishonest with yourself.
Great rebuttal,

How many other HC's do you know that have missed the combine for an elective surgery? History may be on my side on this one.
Old 11-30-2013   #419
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Great rebuttal,

How many other HC's do you know that have missed the combine for an elective surgery? History may be on my side on this one.
First off, not all HCs attend the combine. History is definitely on my side on this one. Every year there is reporting on which HCs are at the combine and at which sessions.

Second, I have no idea and once again neither do you. You are making things up.
Old 11-30-2013   #420
Tolar's Ghost
Veteran

Rep Power: 2050 Tolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respectedTolar's Ghost is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Yep, scratch off Sumlin from the list

Another link:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/...xas-am-aggies/
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read