Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-12-2013   #21
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Longest losing streak in NFL

at least we've doubled the hated Jags win total...we have that going for us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #22
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
LMAO, I'm not getting any work done as it is, but now I sneeze laughed coke zero all over the place. Thanks!
Old 11-12-2013   #23
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
LMAO, I'm not getting any work done as it is, but now I sneeze laughed coke zero all over the place. Thanks!
Somebody texted me that the Texans should rename Matt Schaub as the starting quarterback because Case Keenum has played well. That will assure us of landing the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. I replied that it wasn't necessary. We still have Randy Bullock to tank games for us. That's why we didn't release him yet. The guy is going to serve a purpose in a positive way.

It's going to be kind of comical, but in a cruel way, when the Jaguars beat us twice this year because Josh Scobee is one of the best and most reliable kickers in the game. And our guy is an overweight Texas A&M Aggie who is just leeching a good paycheck in the NFL. Man, I wish we could go back in that draft and select Greg Zuerlein, aka Legatron, instead of Randy Bullock.
Old 11-12-2013   #24
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Somebody texted me that the Texans should rename Matt Schaub as the starting quarterback because Case Keenum has played well. That will assure us of landing the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. I replied that it wasn't necessary. We still have Randy Bullock to tank games for us. That's why we didn't release him yet. The guy is going to serve a purpose in a positive way.

It's going to be kind of comical, but in a cruel way, when the Jaguars beat us twice this year because Josh Scobee is one of the best and most reliable kickers in the game. And our guy is an overweight Texas A&M Aggie who is just leeching a good paycheck in the NFL. Man, I wish we could go back in that draft and select Greg Zuerlein, aka Legatron, instead of Randy Bullock.
No way last thing you need is Schaub to find his mojo again and actually win a game or two, let the youngster take his lumps he isn't winning any games yet so we are par for the course.

I hate using picks on kickers, such a waste really. I wish Hitman Hartman never got hurt. That guy was pretty good.
Old 11-12-2013   #25
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

The streak ends this weekend though. I think we'll beat the Raiders at home.
Not if the Raiders defense use that new-fangled blitz thingy the Texans can't seem to solve.
Old 11-12-2013   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL
Old 11-12-2013   #27
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
so

No way last thing you need is Schaub to find his mojo again and actually win a game or two, let the youngster take his lumps he isn't winning any games yet so we are par for the course.

I hate using picks on kickers, such a waste really. I wish Hitman Hartman never got hurt. That guy was pretty good.
Agreed, Hartmann was good, but he was a punter so I don't know what impact he'd have had unless you're missing him for his booming kickoffs.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-13-2013   #28
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Kubiak is on the bubble; he needs to come back and show something, but he did make the call to start Keenum and sit Schaub, albeit just a little late.
Quote:
Kubiak is on the bubble; he needs to come back and show something
Quote:
Kubiak is on the bubble

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #29
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Something he has yet to show in the 7 plus years he has been here?
I think it's a little too easy for some people to forget the teams of 2011 and 2012 or the offense of 2009/2010 and early 2011.

I don't look back on Kubiak's tenure and see 7 years of suckage.

This year reminds me a lot of 2010, actually. Losing some close games we had chances to win.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #30
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think it's a little too easy for some people to forget the teams of 2011 and 2012 or the offense of 2009/2010 and early 2011.

This year reminds me a lot of 2010, actually. Losing some close games we had chances to win.
Because we don't know how to finish or play a full 60 minute game.
We either get a great first half or a great second half - never a full game.
Never have with Gary and Wade.
Old 11-14-2013   #31
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We could just as easily be 0-9 as we could 5-4 right now. But I would have NEVER believed anyone at the start of the season if they told me we'd be 2-7 after nine games.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #32
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders haven't won a road game this season so I expect this 7 game slide to end....not that this will help the season in any way.

Old 11-14-2013   #33
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Raiders haven't won a road game this season so I expect this 7 game slide to end....not that this will help the season in any way.
Last week's game versus the Cardinals was the first one this season where I thought the Texans had a high likelihood of winning. That don't turn out very well; I have the same confidence in beating the Raiders though.

That makes me nervous.
Old 11-14-2013   #34
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

I think it's a little too easy for people to forget the records of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 seasons. Even if you discount 2006, 2010 was a 6-10 season. The team went 12-4 last year. That is GREAT. So with those 12 wins, Kubiak's career record sits at 61-59. That's what we call mediocrity, folks. 2011 was an outlier. The man has an EIGHT YEAR track record and all some people want to do is focus on the two good years. That's fine if you think it's an upward trend, but I think it's pretty clear those seasons were an outlier. 8-8 is right about their speed.

Anyone care to make a graph?
Old 11-14-2013   #35
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think it's a little too easy for people to forget the records of the 2008, 2009, and 2010 seasons. Even if you discount 2006, 2010 was a 6-10 season. The team went 12-4 last year. That is GREAT. So with those 12 wins, Kubiak's career record sits at 61-59. That's what we call mediocrity, folks. 2011 was an outlier. The man has an EIGHT YEAR track record and all some people want to do is focus on the two good years. That's fine if you think it's an upward trend, but I think it's pretty clear those seasons were an outlier. 8-8 is right about their speed.

Anyone care to make a graph?
I did make a graph. The last four years look kind of like someone giving the viewer the finger.
Old 11-14-2013   #36
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Last week's game versus the Cardinals was the first one this season where I thought the Texans had a high likelihood of winning. That don't turn out very well; I have the same confidence in beating the Raiders though.

That makes me nervous.
Weren't the Cards favored? I picked the Cards to win in our Pick 'em contest because of their defense...Cards better than most of our fans were thinking. Raiders? Not so much. I find it hard to see a scenario where the Raiders beat this Texans team.

Old 11-14-2013   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not so fast my friend. Texans dont have a great history against dual threat or athletic QBs. Kap, Wilson, Newton, Luck, Ponder.

I wouldnt expect anything if I were you.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013   #38
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Weren't the Cards favored? I picked the Cards to win in our Pick 'em contest because of their defense...Cards better than most of our fans were thinking. Raiders? Not so much. I find it hard to see a scenario where the Raiders beat this Texans team.
The Cards probably were favored, I just had a feeling. That is why you never see me make predictions on the prediction threads.

The streak will end sometime; it may as well be this Sunday.
Old 11-14-2013   #39
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Not so fast my friend. Texans dont have a great history against dual threat or athletic QBs. Kap, Wilson, Newton, Luck, Ponder.

I wouldnt expect anything if I were you.
Pryor has a knee injury. Hell, their defense gave up 7TD passes a couple of weeks ago to Nick Foles. Even when Pryor is healthy the Raiders struggle...PLUS defensively they are just awful. I don't know how you guys thought we would go to Arizona and handle their defense and I don't know what you guys are looking at when you look at the Raiders. As bad as we are, we are a much better team than the Raiders.

Old 11-14-2013   #40
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Damn shame to suck this bad when a 9-7 team can secure the 2nd wildcard in a shaky AFC this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read