Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2013   #1
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Longest losing streak in NFL

With the Bucs & Jags winning this week, the Houston Texans now have the longest current losing streak in the NFL at 7 games. FML.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Longest losing streak in NFL

all that hard work to only be 1 game infront of the Jags and Bucs at this point.

fml
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013   #3
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
With the Bucs & Jags winning this week, the Houston Texans now have the longest current losing streak in the NFL at 7 games. FML.
He'll yeah!!! This seven game losing streak goes great with the five straight games with a pick six. Now if only bullock can get back his consistency of missing field goals that would be an awesome hat trick!!
Old 11-12-2013   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
He'll yeah!!! This seven game losing streak goes great with the five straight games with a pick six. Now if only bullock can get back his consistency of missing field goals that would be an awesome hat trick!!
I think we should officially count the blocked FG. It was another missed opportunity while he was on the field.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be super easy to blame 2013 on Schaub and Bullock. I really can't see that anyone else blew their opportunities and royally screwed their team like those two dip****s.

The streak ends this weekend though. I think we'll beat the Raiders at home.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I think we should officially count the blocked FG. It was another missed opportunity while he was on the field.

One thing's for sure, it's going to be super easy to blame 2013 on Schaub and Bullock. I really can't see that anyone else blew their opportunities and royally screwed their team like those two dip****s.

The streak ends this weekend though. I think we'll beat the Raiders at home.
Who stood by MS for all those games letting him derail the team, the season and his job?
Old 11-12-2013   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

uhh didn't the lions go 0-16 and I don't know what they did in the pre season or the season before that leading up to 0-16
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26865 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
uhh didn't the lions go 0-16 and I don't know what they did in the pre season or the season before that leading up to 0-16
losing streak THIS season......................NOT all time.
Old 11-12-2013   #8
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
Who stood by MS for all those games letting him derail the team, the season and his job?
Yeah, I think the blame is spread across the board(excluding JJ and Andre). It's a hell of a lot easier to blame tweedle dee and tweedle dumbazz on this one.

Even though "it all starts with him", the head coach did have us in some games before the aforementioned duo took us out of them.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #9
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

i blame the fans, and you all for not seeing this coming.
i mean, i had pompoms rady coz yall said we were going to the supabowl?
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is on the bubble; he needs to come back and show something, but he did make the call to start Keenum and sit Schaub, albeit just a little late.

Fire Marciano in the offseason.

Fire Bulluck in the offseason.

J-Jo is on the bubble; so is K-Jax.

Fire Reed. Fire him again. Leave a message firing him a third time, just to make sure.

Keep Phillips, but don't make him the HC. It's not that he would suck, he's just not the one.

Cut Newton.

Get ready to replace Tate.

Foster is on the bubble starting with next training camp. It's not lack of effort, but if he can't stay healthy, he's gone. We might need SEVERAL RBs.

Replace Wade Smith before he has arthritis.

Replace Antonio Smith in the offseason. It's time.

Consider spending a 1st rounder on a MLB. We need 2 Cushings, so one of them will be healthy.

Get an OLB to replace Reed. It shouldn't be hard; oh, btw, cut Reed.

Give Swearinger a raise (not really, but he deserves it) & put Manning on notice.

McCain is on notice as well. In fact, just cut McCain. I'm tired of that crap. Give his spot to Harris and put him on notice too.

On the back-burner: I sure wish we had a huge NT...

Side-note: Somebody get Duane B. hooked on Monster drinks or something. Dude needs his energy back.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #11
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 91406 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Kubiak is on the bubble; he needs to come back and show something, but he did make the call to start Keenum and sit Schaub, albeit just a little late.

Fire Marciano in the offseason.

Fire Bulluck in the offseason.

J-Jo is on the bubble; so is K-Jax.

Fire Reed. Fire him again. Leave a message firing him a third time, just to make sure.

Keep Phillips, but don't make him the HC. It's not that he would suck, he's just not the one.

Cut Newton.

Get ready to replace Tate.

Foster is on the bubble starting with next training camp. It's not lack of effort, but if he can't stay healthy, he's gone. We might need SEVERAL RBs.

Replace Wade Smith before he has arthritis.

Replace Antonio Smith in the offseason. It's time.

Consider spending a 1st rounder on a MLB. We need 2 Cushings, so one of them will be healthy.

Get an OLB to replace Reed. It shouldn't be hard; oh, btw, cut Reed.

Give Swearinger a raise (not really, but he deserves it) & put Manning on notice.

McCain is on notice as well. In fact, just cut McCain. I'm tired of that crap. Give his spot to Harris and put him on notice too.

On the back-burner: I sure wish we had a huge NT...

Side-note: Somebody get Duane B. hooked on Monster drinks or something. Dude needs his energy back.
None of that matters if they continue to run Kubiak's tired old out of date offense. It just doesn't work any more. The NFL is a passing league now, not a running league like he has always preached the Texans to be.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #12
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Longest losing streak in team history if I'm not mistaken.

Silver lining? Good draft to suck. Should get quality players if Smith doesn't wet the bed.
Old 11-12-2013   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
None of that matters if they continue to run Kubiak's tired old out of date offense. It just doesn't work any more. The NFL is a passing league now, not a running league like he has always preached the Texans to be.
I dont agree with that, we can still be a running team, if we run the ball and eat up 6-7 minutes off the clock on every drive, then the other team cant score that much and our defense is well rested and the odds of stopping the opposing Offense are way better.

2 seasons ago we were running it down teams throats, hell even last year we were, this season foster hasnt really been healthy. I dont buy into the you cant run because its a passing league BS.
Old 11-12-2013   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Something he has yet to show in the 7 plus years he has been here?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Something he has yet to show in the 7 plus years he has been here?
He's gotten to 11-5 & 12-4 with Matt freaking Schaub. He's even won a playoff game with TJ Yates. I don't just love everything about Kubiak, but this is just one season, blown mostly by a QB who just lost it. I'm not going to cry a river if Kubiak gets replaced, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger just yet.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post

Good one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #17
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post

Silver lining? Good draft to suck. Should get quality players if Smith doesn't wet the bed.
I wouldn't be shocked if the Texans lose these final seven games and finish the 2013 season 2-14 with 14 losses in a row. That will likely net us the first overall pick in the 2014 draft. I must admit, that wouldn't be a bad thing since our playoff hopes already faded weeks ago.

These next two home games against the Raiders and Jaguars will tell the story. The Texans will be heavily favored to win both games. The Texans are already -7 against the Raiders and will probably be -13.5 or so against the Jaguars, but if we end up losing these two games that will make us the new frontrunners for the top pick.

We currently own the 4th overall pick at 2-7. Looks like 2005 all over again, Mr. Bob McNair. I never expected this 2013 season to fall apart so fast. I don't want to blame anybody. Coaching staff or players. It is what it is. Injuries in particular derailed us.

But it's no big deal. We can reload in a deep draft class and get some healthy bodies back (Arian Foster and Brian Cushing). And bingo, we're a 14-2 team in 2014. We can become the first team in NFL history to go from 2-14 to 14-2 in one year. Assuming we can lose out the rest of the way like I kind of expect.
Old 11-12-2013   #18
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's gotten to 11-5 & 12-4 with Matt freaking Schaub. He's even won a playoff game with TJ Yates. I don't just love everything about Kubiak, but this is just one season, blown mostly by a QB who just lost it. I'm not going to cry a river if Kubiak gets replaced, but I don't think I'd pull the trigger just yet.
Agreed. We're going to go 2-14 this year. Brace yourself guys. But Gary Kubiak isn't going to be fired. Most of us will actually be happy having that first overall pick in the 2014 draft. A good draft can replenish a lot of our weaknesses as a team. I expect to go 14-2 in 2014 and make a run at the Super Bowl. We just need to stay healthy. Knock on wood.
Old 11-12-2013   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
yep. Even the worst season (so far) - 2005 at 2-14 - never had a 7 game losing streak.
Old 11-12-2013   #20
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if the Texans lose these final seven games and finish the 2013 season 2-14 with 14 losses in a row. That will likely net us the first overall pick in the 2014 draft. I must admit, that wouldn't be a bad thing since our playoff hopes already faded weeks ago.

These next two home games against the Raiders and Jaguars will tell the story. The Texans will be heavily favored to win both games. The Texans are already -7 against the Raiders and will probably be -13.5 or so against the Jaguars, but if we end up losing these two games that will make us the new frontrunners for the top pick.

We currently own the 4th overall pick at 2-7. Looks like 2005 all over again, Mr. Bob McNair. I never expected this 2013 season to fall apart so fast. I don't want to blame anybody. Coaching staff or players. It is what it is. Injuries in particular derailed us.

But it's no big deal. We can reload in a deep draft class and get some healthy bodies back (Arian Foster and Brian Cushing). And bingo, we're a 14-2 team in 2014. We can become the first team in NFL history to go from 2-14 to 14-2 in one year. Assuming we can lose out the rest of the way like I kind of expect.

Exactly!!! Just what the Chiefs did this year. Who knows a regime change might even happen, but the bottom line is that this team has plenty of talent currently, with a smart draft and we bounce back next year. Misfire and We're looking at some cruel and unusual punishment for the foreseeable future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read