Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-10-2013   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default RIP 2013 Season

I was thinking this game would be the game where we could begin to turn things around. In my mind I was thinking we could beat the Cardinals, and win our next two games putting us at 5-6. We then could have lost just one game to finish 9-7 and possibly have a shot at the wild card.

Not anymore. 2-7? We are done. Keenum is a great QB, and I think he will be here for a while, but our OLine has just been complete ass this season. On top of that, The defense can't stop anything either. They at least played better today, against Carson Palmer. How do you think they'll do against Manning, and Brady? We will be lucky to go 6-10. As far as Kubiak staying, I can't speak on that. What I do know, is all bets are off. The season is over. And I'm one of the sunshine pushers! So you know when I'm saying it, it's been dead for quite some time.

I'll continue to watch the games, and hope that they can win, so I can get half off on my next pizza, but playoffs and Super Bowl aspirations are gone.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #2
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: RIP 2013 Season

Yep... We suck!
Old 11-10-2013   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I was thinking this game would be the game where we could begin to turn things around. In my mind I was thinking we could beat the Cardinals, and win our next two games putting us at 5-6. We then could have lost just one game to finish 9-7 and possibly have a shot at the wild card.

Not anymore. 2-7? We are done. Keenum is a great QB, and I think he will be here for a while, but our OLine has just been complete ass this season. On top of that, The defense can't stop anything either. They at least played better today, against Carson Palmer. How do you think they'll do against Manning, and Brady? We will be lucky to go 6-10. As far as Kubiak staying, I can't speak on that. What I do know, is all bets are off. The season is over. And I'm one of the sunshine pushers! So you know when I'm saying it, it's been dead for quite some time.

I'll continue to watch the games, and hope that they can win, so I can get half off on my next pizza, but playoffs and Super Bowl aspirations are gone.
Defense played well enough to win. Our offense in the 2nd half has been atrocious. I blame the coaching staff. We don't seem to adjust at all in the 2nd half. We can't seem to do anything less than a 7 step drop in this offense and get torched on the blitz.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #4
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, it sure as heck is going to be an interesting offseason. Does Kubiak's health conditions actually act as job security? What about Wade? Schaub and Tate gone for good and do we draft a qb?
Old 11-10-2013   #5
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Well, it sure as heck is going to be an interesting offseason. Does Kubiak's health conditions actually act as job security? What about Wade? Schaub and Tate gone for good and do we draft a qb?
clean house no matter what at this point, IMO.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #6
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Season was over at baltimore. Then came Sea and SF. Case was only hope in a failure
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Stick a fork in 2013, it's done. But I'm still going to watch just to see Case mature. He has a way to go, but one things for sure, if that boy ever gets a real NFL O-line in front of him he's gonna be a killer.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-10-2013   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

Yeah, we're not going anywhere. What we're watching now is Case Keenum's audition for starter in 2014. That's about it.
Old 11-10-2013   #9
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd offer up a 21 gun salute but that's Brice Mccains number. And we all hate brice...unless your rooting for the other team.
Old 11-10-2013   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, I think the Texans best move at this point is to move Kubiak in house, get a proven coach in and reload. Still talent there to be a good team. I think Wade's life cycle has done its usual...hot to start and then fading after 2-3 years. McNair won't fire Kubiak after his health issues. Kind of a built in excuse, thought hard to call a medical emergency an excuse. But I think its time to change directions.
Old 11-10-2013   #11
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Honestly, I think the Texans best move at this point is to move Kubiak in house, get a proven coach in and reload. Still talent there to be a good team. I think Wade's life cycle has done its usual...hot to start and then fading after 2-3 years. McNair won't fire Kubiak after his health issues. Kind of a built in excuse, thought hard to call a medical emergency an excuse. But I think its time to change directions.
Gary, Wade and the ENTIRE staff need to go.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #12
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15475 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonhurricane View Post
Not sure why it could. It's not like we had a winning record until he went out. We sucked all year long and are fortunate to have the two wins we have actually.
Old 11-10-2013   #13
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Not sure why it could. It's not like we had a winning record until he went out. We sucked all year long and are fortunate to have the two wins we have actually.
Don't disagree, but with what you know about this franchise, do you really expect them to make a change?
Old 11-10-2013   #14
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprised at the outcome, but I thought we would have remained in contention a little longer than 9 games.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #15
maddogmrb
All Pro

Rep Power: 7744 maddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respectedmaddogmrb is a quality contributor and well respected

Not so sure Wade needs to go. Look who he had to work with in this game and the defense didn't stink up the joint .... and add the Ed Reed bust to it, too.
maddogmrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #16
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 62260 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
Not so sure Wade needs to go. Look who he had to work with in this game and the defense didn't stink up the joint .... and add the Ed Reed bust to it, too.
no our defense sucks outside watt
Old 11-10-2013   #17
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15632 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

They should but they probably won't clean house. This team can't break out of the soft image. This season has got to be a result of coaching.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #18
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 124668 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddogmrb View Post
No EVERYONE on this staff needs to go. Coaching candidates would fight in Thunderdome to coach here with the talent this team does have
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
It's been time since after 2009 and it will be time after next yr too. Rick/Gary aren't going anywhere unless 3-13 happens and as bad as they are they will beat the Jags twice and probably the Raiders plus the Tacks. That puts Rick/Gary at 6-10, BoB keeps them and uses the health scare as his reason to keep Gary. When the truth is BoB doesn't want to pay the last yr of Gary's contract.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013   #20
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

It's not so bad guys. We're in position to have a top five draft pick. Probably even a top three pick the way we are going. All we have to do is reload this off-season with a good draft and I can't imagine this team not winning the AFC South in 2014. We had a bad year. It happens. I'm excited for the future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read