Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013   #121
kingtexan
Hall of Fame
 
kingtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Humble, TX
Age: 46
Posts: 2,297
Rep Power: 64484 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Says the guy who hasn't even been here a year.

Hey, let's try to make up some crap to hang on the mods who work here for free. Winning idea. Who wants order in their forums anyway.

Aren't you the guy who thinks it's cool to throw ice at players?
Anything constructive to add, or you just going to stand pat with that LGBT avatar?
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #122
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Grams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Humble, TX
Posts: 1,254
Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

[quote=infantrycak;2247668]Well I don't have an explanation for why some can't see the thread or can't open it. It appears and opens just fine for me. I just stuck it at the top of the forum. Wasn't trying to block access.
/QUOTE]

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

This is what I get trying to open the link.
__________________
All that is necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
Grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #123
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 2,109
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Just an update. Don't see it at the top of the page and the link above is showing invalid. Not sure what is going on. Honestly, first time in my long time here I've had the issue.
still not working for me either.....why **** gotta be complicated
__________________
amazing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #124
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

On the radio they think it could be rick smith trying to shift blame on the coaches to save his own ass.

Said casserly tried to buddy up with McNair towards the end as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #125
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod
 
Kaiser Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Straight Outta Austin
Age: 44
Posts: 16,083
Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Please try the thread now
__________________
Smell the glove is here
Kaiser Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #126
Surreal McCoy
All Pro
 
Surreal McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
On the radio they think it could be rick smith trying to shift blame on the coaches to save his own ass.

Said casserly tried to buddy up with McNair towards the end as well.
Bingo. Just like Reed saying 'no one is throwing at me', and Ben Tate thinking we should run the ball more now that Foster is out and he's in a contract year.
__________________
"If Matt is on this team next year I wont be supporting the team ... cant support ignorance."
- ckhouston, 13.01.13
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #127
Runner
Hubcap Diamond
 
Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,996
Rep Power: 72471 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Somebody needs to tell the front office Kubiak is building the team "The Right Way". Throw in some Tom Landry facts too.

That'll show 'em.
__________________
Amy glances out the window; her hair, skin, and clothes take on a pronounced reddish tinge from Doppler effect as she drops out of the conversation at relativistic velocity. - Cryptonomicon
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2013   #128
TejasTom
Heisenwatt
 
TejasTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pearland
Section: Brazos Suite
Posts: 1,467
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Threads get randomly deleted here all the time. Welcome to TT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
...
No they do not. Rarely are threads deleted and when they are it is intentional. 99% of the time threads disappear because they are merged.


Threads aren't deleted when they asked to be deleted. See this hilarious thread: Please Delete
__________________
"Success isn't owned. It's leased and rent is due every day." ~ J.J. Watt
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #129
Exascor
Hall of Fame
 
Exascor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atascocita
Posts: 1,591
Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Please try the thread now
Still isn't working for me. "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
__________________
Texans v3.1 - Release date 11/16/2014
Exascor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #130
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 45
Posts: 9,736
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Somebody needs to tell the front office Kubiak is building the team "The Right Way". Throw in some Tom Landry facts too.

That'll show 'em.
And he's being smart about it, too
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #131
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor
 
Playoffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 16,305
Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Please try the thread now
It's visible now. Did not come up in search earlier... must have been hidden for a bit. Thanks.

In trying to go to the original closed thread: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64514

Chrome blocks it..
Quote:
Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.texanstalk.com.
Content from planetsmilies.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.
May be what what the issue was... ?

It was time for a new one anyway, which is here: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #132
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 15,083
Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Has McNair ever had genuine expectations before where the Texans performance was concerned? I ask this because in the past he's always been such a patient, "warm and fuzzy" kind of owner but the team is only what? 12 years old?

When McNair started this he knew nothing. All he knew was that it was going to take them a long, long time to build a winning franchise. Maybe even 4-5 years. He did 4-12, he did 5-11, and he did 7-9. The whole time he was supportive and patient and methodical. Then 2-14 happened and heads rolled. None of it was done in the press and it all seemed to take so very, very long back then. I remember the Capers/Casserly "purge" taking place in slow motion after the 2005 season but the heads started rolling with Palmer after what? Two weeks?.

Who fires their OC after two weeks?

The whole year Bob said the right things and got Dan Reeves to come in and be his independent football advisor and when it was all done he flushed the staff (with the exception of Marciano) and hired Gary.

Gary begat Rick and we started this process all over. Bob McNair has had the patience of a Saint in the years since. If he's got any ink then "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" must be scrolled across his back in big letters. He gave Capers 4 years. He's given Kubiak 8. He's had one real meltdown (6-10) in that time and taken matters into his own hands one (Wade Phillips hiring) that we know of.

Now 2013 happens and Uncle Bob is talking Super Bowl or Bust in the preseason. he's got Ed Reed bringing the wisdom and all of his best players are contracted up and healthy. Preseason looks like things are going to be a slam dunk and then then we come out and pull an (admittedly ugly) 2-0 start.

Since then it's been losses, bad records, injuries, inexplicable decisions from his coaching staff, and terrible play from people who were not just expected to play well but who were certain to play well. More contracts given out to guys who went down with injuries or just mailed it in after getting "theirs".

Every man has his limit.

First we see Schaub left on the bench for Keenum, then we see a bunch of rookies sent packing before the KC game. Now we got Ed Reed being given his walking papers by a team that never admitted a mistake it could possibly get away with pretending never happened while someone is telling reporters that the front office is upset with the coaches?

We always assume that Uncle Bob is this guy who's so different from Jerry Jones or Bud Adams. We've watched his team for 12 years as he didn't meddle or apply too much pressure on anyone to do anything. he just sat there with that silly smile on his face waiting to get his Lombardi Trophy.

I think McNair is about to "Hulk Out". I think he's fixing to start firing coaches like a big dog. He's not getting what he paid for and he'll bust it all up after this season whether the Texans turn it around or not. Too much has gone wrong for McNair to continue to hold the rope. We're getting a new coach after this season is over. I'm sure of it.
__________________
Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #133
Wolf
100% Texan
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kerrville
Age: 44
Posts: 37,563
Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Grand plan is to shake this team up now...we have a 2017 super bowl to win in Houston
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #134
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Inner Loop
Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Posts: 3,060
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Has McNair ever had genuine expectations before where the Texans performance was concerned? I ask this because in the past he's always been such a patient, "warm and fuzzy" kind of owner but the team is only what? 12 years old?

When McNair started this he knew nothing. All he knew was that it was going to take them a long, long time to build a winning franchise. Maybe even 4-5 years. He did 4-12, he did 5-11, and he did 7-9. The whole time he was supportive and patient and methodical. Then 2-14 happened and heads rolled. None of it was done in the press and it all seemed to take so very, very long back then. I remember the Capers/Casserly "purge" taking place in slow motion after the 2005 season but the heads started rolling with Palmer after what? Two weeks?.

Who fires their OC after two weeks?

The whole year Bob said the right things and got Dan Reeves to come in and be his independent football advisor and when it was all done he flushed the staff (with the exception of Marciano) and hired Gary.

Gary begat Rick and we started this process all over. Bob McNair has had the patience of a Saint in the years since. If he's got any ink then "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" must be scrolled across his back in big letters. He gave Capers 4 years. He's given Kubiak 8. He's had one real meltdown (6-10) in that time and taken matters into his own hands one (Wade Phillips hiring) that we know of.

Now 2013 happens and Uncle Bob is talking Super Bowl or Bust in the preseason. he's got Ed Reed bringing the wisdom and all of his best players are contracted up and healthy. Preseason looks like things are going to be a slam dunk and then then we come out and pull an (admittedly ugly) 2-0 start.

Since then it's been losses, bad records, injuries, inexplicable decisions from his coaching staff, and terrible play from people who were not just expected to play well but who were certain to play well. More contracts given out to guys who went down with injuries or just mailed it in after getting "theirs".

Every man has his limit.

First we see Schaub left on the bench for Keenum, then we see a bunch of rookies sent packing before the KC game. Now we got Ed Reed being given his walking papers by a team that never admitted a mistake it could possibly get away with pretending never happened while someone is telling reporters that the front office is upset with the coaches?

We always assume that Uncle Bob is this guy who's so different from Jerry Jones or Bud Adams. We've watched his team for 12 years as he didn't meddle or apply too much pressure on anyone to do anything. he just sat there with that silly smile on his face waiting to get his Lombardi Trophy.

I think McNair is about to "Hulk Out". I think he's fixing to start firing coaches like a big dog. He's not getting what he paid for and he'll bust it all up after this season whether the Texans turn it around or not. Too much has gone wrong for McNair to continue to hold the rope. We're getting a new coach after this season is over. I'm sure of it.
Herv, that all sounds good, and I agree with what you want to happen, but, you seem to be assuming a lot that may not be there. McNair has shown via his actions where his priorities lie. He wants a team where everyone is nice and gets along. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily; I just think it's unrealistic sometimes when it comes to sports.

McNair wants a team like the Packers or Steelers, that can win with nice people running it. And, unfortunately, I think he's going to hold out until he gets it.

I held out massive hope in 2010 that we would see a coaching change. That was the perfect scenario. Instead, our coach got an extension. This time I'm preparing myself that we will have the same coach for many more years.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #135
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 15,083
Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Herv, that all sounds good, and I agree with what you want to happen, but, you seem to be assuming a lot that may not be there. McNair has shown via his actions where his priorities lie. He wants a team where everyone is nice and gets along. Nothing wrong with that, necessarily; I just think it's unrealistic sometimes when it comes to sports.

McNair wants a team like the Packers or Steelers, that can win with nice people running it. And, unfortunately, I think he's going to hold out until he gets it.

I held out massive hope in 2010 that we would see a coaching change. That was the perfect scenario. Instead, our coach got an extension. This time I'm preparing myself that we will have the same coach for many more years.
I don't know. It's not just what I want to happen. It's actually what I think will happen. I think McNair has his limit and I think he's got to feel a little bit like a chump right now. He was genuinely confident that the Texans were going to perform this year and his team left him hanging out there looking a bit like a fool for thinking that they were going to make some real noise this year.

I don't think he's been the one pushing for changes. I think his "underlings" are desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs because they sense something. They've never been this "reactive" in all the time Kubiak has been here. Maybe that one year when Richard Smith released the hounds and saved the season (if you can call 8-8 "saved") back in 2007 (or was it 2008? I don't remember) That should tell us something too.

I think he'll take the opportunity to clean house. I really do.
__________________
Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013   #136
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 45
Posts: 9,736
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't know. It's not just what I want to happen. It's actually what I think will happen. I think McNair has his limit and I think he's got to feel a little bit like a chump right now. He was genuinely confident that the Texans were going to perform this year and his team left him hanging out there looking a bit like a fool for thinking that they were going to make some real noise this year.

I don't think he's been the one pushing for changes. I think his "underlings" are desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs because they sense something. They've never been this "reactive" in all the time Kubiak has been here. Maybe that one year when Richard Smith released the hounds and saved the season (if you can call 8-8 "saved") back in 2007 (or was it 2008? I don't remember) That should tell us something too.

I think he'll take the opportunity to clean house. I really do.
In 6 weeks, it will happen. At least on the coaching level. Not sure how McNair feels about Smith.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #137
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Inner Loop
Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Posts: 3,060
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't know. It's not just what I want to happen. It's actually what I think will happen. I think McNair has his limit and I think he's got to feel a little bit like a chump right now. He was genuinely confident that the Texans were going to perform this year and his team left him hanging out there looking a bit like a fool for thinking that they were going to make some real noise this year.

I don't think he's been the one pushing for changes. I think his "underlings" are desperately trying to rearrange the deck chairs because they sense something. They've never been this "reactive" in all the time Kubiak has been here. Maybe that one year when Richard Smith released the hounds and saved the season (if you can call 8-8 "saved") back in 2007 (or was it 2008? I don't remember) That should tell us something too.

I think he'll take the opportunity to clean house. I really do.
Agree that they've never been this "reactive."

I don't know. I see your point, and want to agree with you, but, something about this season is not sitting well with that theory. For some reason, I think Kubiak getting sick and Cushing's injury will factor into not many changes.

Hope I'm wrong.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #138
srrono
Hall of Fame
 
srrono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,574
Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Threads aren't deleted when they asked to be deleted. See this hilarious thread: Please Delete
Thanks a lot for that link Buddy
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #139
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer
 
Texans_Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,262
Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Here's my article on subject.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...oaching-staff/

McClain says in chat 1 that front office wouldn't throw under bus publicly 2 Rick Smith isn't going anywhere even if Kubiak canned. Doesn't given reasons, likely relationship with McNairs/contract extension.

What has Rick Smith ever accomplished? You might think the game has passed the coaches by, but Smith has done nothing ever in NFL.
__________________
More? Please check out Ultimate Texans Chronicle Blog & Steph Stradley Blog & Twitter @StephStradley
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013   #140
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 15,083
Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans FO frustrated with Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Here's my article on subject.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...oaching-staff/

McClain says in chat 1 that front office wouldn't throw under bus publicly 2 Rick Smith isn't going anywhere even if Kubiak canned. Doesn't given reasons, likely relationship with McNairs/contract extension.

What has Rick Smith ever accomplished? You might think the game has passed the coaches by, but Smith has done nothing ever in NFL.
Whenever I see the GM and "Front Office" try and take more control over the organization from the coaching staff I'm reminded of how Ladd Herzog got Bum Phillips fired and worked his way into being "the power" in the Houston Oilers organization. When an egomaniac who knows nothing about football gets control of an NFL franchise you get the Houston Oilers circa 1980-1988 experience. In short "Chaos" while the GM flails around hiring stooges who don't threaten him.

No thanks. McNair won't but he should fire them both. Then he should go find himself a real, tested GM who should begin the coach hunt.
__________________
Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger