Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-30-2013   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Auburn v alabama 2013

Seriously, might be the greatest game ever..and I am not for hyperbole
Old 11-30-2013   #2
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39290 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Auburn v alabama 2013

Wow. Definitely the game of the year. Just an incredible finish.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

What a finish! Totally whaaaaaatttt!!!

Great game.

I hate that this puts Ohio State in the top 2, though.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Seen that happen before, but not on the last play of the game, and for the win. Crazy.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The best college game I have ever seen.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29537 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

That was just....

Wow. Best rivalry weekend in history. Insane.
Old 11-30-2013   #7
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic game. Really wish Michigan had pulled off the upset earlier. Alabama and Ohio State losing on the same day would have been awesome.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2013   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Only better game this year may have been Auburn vs Georgia ... IMO .
Old 11-30-2013   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Only better game this year may have been Auburn vs Georgia ... IMO .
But there was more on the line in this one.
Old 11-30-2013   #10
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 29181 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

meanwhile, in an alternate universe...

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

So will this and an SEC Conference championship win propel them to the BCS title game? Ohio State and Florida State are both undefeated, so it could be hard to leapfrog either of them. Personally, I hope Auburn doesn't make it to the championship game just so I can stop hearing about the almighty SEC.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #12
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
So will this and an SEC Conference championship win propel them to the BCS title game? Ohio State and Florida State are both undefeated, so it could be hard to leapfrog either of them. Personally, I hope Auburn doesn't make it to the championship game just so I can stop hearing about the almighty SEC.
It will be Florida State vs. Ohio State unless one loses. I expect FSU to handle Duke, but OSU could definitely lose to Michigan State. OSU just has not been impressive this year.

If OSU lost then it would probably be FSU vs. Missouri/Auburn.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 11-30-2013   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What's the hate with the SEC?

Just because they give us games like today and win NC's isn't a reason to be a hater. Thet're in it to win it every yr. The Texans could learn a thing or 10.

BTW, the SEC still has the best team/confrence in the country. I cant wait to see Fla St tear Ohio St and Braxton Miller a new one. If it's close it will only be because Meyer is a great HC.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
It will be Florida State vs. Ohio State unless one loses. I expect FSU to handle Duke, but OSU could definitely lose to Michigan State. OSU just has not been impressive this year.

If OSU lost then it would probably be FSU vs. Missouri/Auburn.
If Ohio State loses to MS and mizzou beats auburn, I wouldnt be suprised to see Alabama back in the title game. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-30-2013   #15
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
BTW, the SEC still has the best team/confrence in the country. I cant wait to see Fla St tear Ohio St and Braxton Miller a new one. If it's close it will only be because Meyer is a great HC.
SEC is the best conference, but Florida State is clearly the best team and has been all season.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-01-2013   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I know that tOSU is undefeated but FSU would absolutely yawn their way to a 30 point victory. Auburn/FSU would be a disgustingly good match-up as long as both teams won their respective CCG's. I never thought I would see a better game than UT/USC but that was damned awesome and I don't root for either AL teams.
Old 12-01-2013   #17
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

This was one of the best, maybe the best, college football game I've ever seen. Just incredible. To me Ohio St. shouldn't even be in the top 5. I don't care if your undefeated, if you haven't played anyone worth a crap and you play in one of the weakest conferences in the country, then you don't deserve a top 5 ranking.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #18
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
This was one of the best, maybe the best, college football game I've ever seen. Just incredible. To me Ohio St. shouldn't even be in the top 5. I don't care if your undefeated, if you haven't played anyone worth a crap and you play in one of the weakest conferences in the country, then you don't deserve a top 5 ranking.
Ohio State is severely overrated. They have struggled against every team with a pulse (Northwestern, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin), given up a ton of points to some bad teams, not blown out teams they should (Buffalo, Cal, Illinois), and played a horrible schedule. Their marquee win is against a 3-loss Wisconsin team who just lost at home to Penn State.

If they get in and play FSU it will be Alabama/Notre Dame all over again.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 12-01-2013   #19
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year of bcs
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Bama should be the number 2 team for now, but will not be able to finish there.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read