Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2013   #81
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
"33%" sure does look lot bigger than "2"
Exactly what I was thinking ... lol.

These are some funny folks on this board.

kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #82
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Exactly what I was thinking ... lol.

These are some funny folks on this board.

Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 11-07-2013   #83
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

So in short you are saying he should be exiled from the city of houston ? Kinda harsh aint it, just ask god what happens when you exile someone could be bad......

bad joke ?
Old 11-07-2013   #84
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Ok, you've convinced me, Matt Schaub is the devil.

Still wondering why 33% of our losses this year came in games Schaub did not play..........
I can tell you it wasn't because of the QB.
Old 11-07-2013   #85
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 69026 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I can tell you it wasn't because of the QB.
yep, i will give you a clue, might be hard to figure out "D is the first letter and E is the last letter" well and out kicker has also helped out...
Old 11-07-2013   #86
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yep, i will give you a clue, might be hard to figure out "D is the first letter and E is the last letter" well and out kicker has also helped out...
One thing that drove me crazy in the Colt's game was when we went for it deep in Colts territory instead of taking the 3 points.

It's like Kubiak got all caught up in the hope and change BS and decided to go against just about everything he ever, ever does. AT the time, I was OK with it and thought it was ballsy. Hindsight seeing 3 missed field goals makes me much less than OK with it.

I agree that our Efense hasn't been what it needs to be. There's been serious lapses in D.
Old 11-07-2013   #87
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
One thing that drove me crazy in the Colt's game was when we went for it deep in Colts territory instead of taking the 3 points.

It's like Kubiak got all caught up in the hope and change BS and decided to go against just about everything he ever, ever does. AT the time, I was OK with it and thought it was ballsy. Hindsight seeing 3 missed field goals makes me much less than OK with it.

I agree that our Efense hasn't been what it needs to be. There's been serious lapses in D.
yeah i liked the call, who could of ever guessed fatty would go on to miss 3 FGs. Win some lose some, i am actually refreshed to see Kubiak being aggressive even though it didnt pay off this time i think it will in the long run if he keeps it up.
Old 11-07-2013   #88
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
You don't know what he's going through. Pipe down.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #89
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
You don't know what he's going through. Pipe down.
WOOOOWWWWWW after all this hate you have thrown his way in the past, when things finally hit rock bottom you defend him ? hmmmm some of you make me think i have a PHD in WTF.
Old 11-08-2013   #90
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Yes, yes you are. Thanks for making that easy...
Old 11-08-2013   #91
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This decision has not been talked about much (that I have seen), but it was a boneheaded decision not to take the easy points, especially that early in the game. It felt desperate at the time, and then looked foolish when they failed to get one freakin' yard.

Didn't they run Tate, too? Need 1 yard so send in the guy with 4 broken ribs. Yeah, that makes sense.
Old 11-08-2013   #92
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 25813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Schaub's only crime was not being quite good enough to get them one step further in the playoffs.
Not so fast! Lest we forget Flashdance Schaub He's a maniac!

Quote:
Schaub doesn' think assault charges will stick

FLOWERY BRANCH - Atlanta Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub doesn't think his arrest early Saturday morning on misdemeanor assault and battery charges will keep him off the football field this season.

Prior to his release from jail in Charlottesville, Va., Schaub appeared before a magistrate judge, but no court date was set.

"This will not affect my ability to play for the Falcons," Schaub said after practice Monday.

According to a police report, a 19-year-old male named Marc Schottenger claimed that Schaub was one of three men who beat him up at approximately 1 a.m. Schottenger, the alleged victim, took out a warrant against all three, but Schaub was the only person he could identify.

Police Sgt. Stephen Upman said the other two men, who fled the scene, still have outstanding warrants.

Schaub, 23, traveled to Virginia during the Falcons' off week to attend the Cavaliers' 16-0 victory over Maryland. A third-round pick in the NFL draft nearly seven months ago, Schaub insisted that his lawyer advised him not to offer any details when speaking with reporters.

"I think once all the facts are sorted out, you'll find out that I'll be exonerated," Schaub said. "I can say this - I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't touch anyone. I didn't threaten to touch anyone."
http://savannahnow.com/stories/110804/2571491.shtml

Quote:
As for Schottinger, "I had no idea who Matt Schaub was," Schottinger testified. That didn't prevent him from calling Schaub "Schwab."

"It was stupid," Schottinger admitted. He testified that a polo-wearing friend of Schaub's stood between the two men and that Schaub reached around "Pink Polo" and slapped Schottinger in the face.

"I kept saying the Schwab financial analyst thing, and he came around his friend again and tried to put me in a headlock," said Schottinger. "We stood there in disbelief."

According to Schottinger, the group encountered Schaub and his friend in the pink polo again in front of the Buffalo Wing Factory when they went back to retrieve another pal.

There, claimed Schottinger, "Schaub walked up to me and punched me in the mouth... And Pink Polo punched me in the cheek."

When Schottinger tried to call 911, he testified, the bouncer grabbed his phone twice and then punched him in the nose. Gushing blood, Schottinger flagged down a police officer. When Schottinger got out of the hospital, Schaub was the only alleged assailant he could identify, and he went to the magistrate and swore out a warrant.
http://www.readthehook.com/96493/new...aub-not-schwab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Didn't they run Tate, too? Need 1 yard so send in the guy with 4 broken ribs. Yeah, that makes sense.
What doesn't make sense is running a stretch play to pick up every 2-1, 3-1, 4-1. Run it up the gut every once in awhile for God's sake!
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #93
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32969 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Eeyore punching someone is hilarious. Talking about it is even funnier. It would be like admitting you got your ass kicked by a girl.
Old 11-09-2013   #94
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Not so fast! Lest we forget Flashdance Schaub He's a maniac!

http://savannahnow.com/stories/110804/2571491.shtml

http://www.readthehook.com/96493/new...aub-not-schwab

What doesn't make sense is running a stretch play to pick up every 2-1, 3-1, 4-1. Run it up the gut every once in awhile for God's sake!

I had no idea saved by the bell had a football episode starring screech?

No as far as the fight we know this mans claims are total bs. An arm swing by Schaub would mess up your hair but it wouldn't draw blood.
Old 11-09-2013   #95
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No doubt that the team sees its QB throwing pick 6's like he's throwing beads in a Mardi Gras parade and loses confidence in him.

However, that does not explain why the defense goes out there and makes boneheaded decisions and costly penalties that do nothing but add to the meltdown. Every week we see this so-called "no. 1 defense" extend opponent's drives with stupid penalties. We see them in a zone coverage getting beat deep with an 18 point lead to protect. We see them making mistakes that cannot be put on Schaub, but point directly back at themselves and their coaching staff.

2013 has seen many aspects of this team crumble apart, not just at QB. Schaub certainly earned his bench time, no doubt about it. But let's not act like he's the only player who has failed this team this season. There is plenty of blame to go around.
This secondary is wide open for the homerun ball every single time, even if the only concern is preventing an opponent from scoring instantly. You have to wonder about all this celebrated defensive coaching. Word must be getting around. A team with a QB who can throw deep will beat the Texans every time.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #96
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok, guess I am ignorant ...
Extremely. Several people have explained this to you when they really shouldn't have had to break it down that easily for you, but apparently you still aren't making the connection at all.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013   #97
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
This secondary is wide open for the homerun ball every single time, even if the only concern is preventing an opponent from scoring instantly. You have to wonder about all this celebrated defensive coaching. Word must be getting around. A team with a QB who can throw deep will beat the Texans every time.
Yeah, giving up 158 YPG is horrible. QB's are just slinging it against us. Being 19th or so in the NFL against the run couldn't have anything to do with it.

Big pass plays have hurt us in pass D, as have penalties. Don't make it sound like QB's are feasting on our D. Don't ignore the fact that there have been 7 TD's given up between pick 6's, ST and fumbles. That's 42 points. The Texans have lost 3 games by a combined 7 points.

The defense definitely needs to be better, but it's not exactly Swiss cheese. Like the offense, they need to put together 4 quarters a game of good defense. It wouldn't hurt for the ST's to make some sort of positive splash besides Lechler dropping punts inside the 20.
Old 11-10-2013   #98
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Extremely. Several people have explained this to you when they really shouldn't have had to break it down that easily for you, but apparently you still aren't making the connection at all.
Write complete sentences much?

Please replace the photo of Duvall with Pee Wee Herman ... Thanks.
Old 11-10-2013   #99
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pee Wee would still have a better stance than you.
Old 11-10-2013   #100
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87061 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pee Wee Herman would ***** slap you for half the stuff you spew in here. This thread is just another fine example of it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read