Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-07-2013   #41
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cheering and Throwing Ice ...

I think we have finally identified the "fan" that showed up at Schaubs house.
Old 11-07-2013   #42
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Some people are just nasty human beings. Clearly, this is an example.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #43
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub was a good QB that's all I can really say what was it 2010 we were like 9-2 before he got hurt then we win like 12 wins right I forget

anways tho sad thing is we kinda still need schaub right now if case goes down :knocks on wood" then guess who steps right on in LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #44
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
And he "blew" the Superbowl for the Texans? Without him the Texans NEVER would have made the playoffs.
May want to go back to watching figure skating there skippy, apparently football is beyond you ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #45
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
You're going from guardrail to guardrail with the hyperbole. That's fine if you want to privately simmer in your own unchallenged opinion, but to broadcast it here without acknowledging facts is unfair to players who deserve credit for what they've honestly accomplished. Matt Schaub worked his ass off for a winning record for this team and fanbase. He fell short, and he needed to move on, but he deserves credit where it's due -- not uninformed knee-jerkers spreading the sentiment that he's a loser.

Stated more eloquently:

I have some advice for the OP: Go out in the world and put your ass on the line to try to accomplish something big. Really put it out there. If you succeed, then congrats. You've joined the 0.01% of the world who've experienced success without failure, and hopefully you don't join the disproportionate suicide rate of lottery winners. If you fail, note the people on the sideline who hold that failure against you, and note how they'll never attempt anything worth a damn in their entire lives. All they ever produce are cheap, verbal attempts to elevate themselves over anyone they see stumble. Just criticize, drink beer, and marry the fat chick no one else wanted.

And then note that Matt Schaub's wife is hot.
You mad bro?
Old 11-07-2013   #46
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
So you would rather his kids live here and endure the ridicule that is sure to come their way in school? Would rather his family not be able to go out to dinner or shopping without hearing the comments about how we had a chance at a Superbowl, but "that guy" blew it for us? Ok, guess I am ignorant ...

OP throws out his argument, notices everyone disagrees, tries to backpedal, and now just taking shots at other posters and classic "you mad bro" liners. A+, would read again. Please never stop making threads.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #47
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 129140 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
May want to go back to watching figure skating there skippy, apparently football is beyond you ...
You may want to go back to yelling at the children you coach at the fun fair football league that you obviously dominate with your motivational pep talks and infinate football acumen. Schaub was terrible this season, there is no doubt about that. I for one am glad he's done, but he was only one of the many issues this team still has that's keeping it from being a winner. Did you bet your life savings on the Texans making it to the Super Bowl? I hope you don't choke on a large chunk of ice, lord knows the world would miss your insight Mr. real life R. Lee Ermy.
Old 11-07-2013   #48
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mad bro?
Tell us again about how Schaub and his family need to be run out of town.

Quote:
The situation would seemingly be awkward for the second-year pro in his relationship with Matt Schaub, who was playing poorly before getting hurt, but Keenum insisted Schaub has handled the transition in classy fashion.

“He couldn’t be a better guy through the whole thing,” Keenum said. “I’m extremely proud to know him. He’s still giving advice without me asking, just being there for me for whatever I need. I can’t say enough about him. He’s one of the best guys I know. I’m really fortunate to have him in our quarterback room.”

Keenum said Schaub helps him “every day. It’s in between plays in practices, on the sideline, watching film in the morning, all that stuff. It’s constant.”
Link.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #49
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Tell us again about how Schaub and his family need to be run out of town.

Link.
I love when people quote players that are currently playing for the team. Do you expect them to say anything negative? Really?

Also like that everyone jumps on me when I state the obvious. Matt Schaub and his family will be leaving town ... that is just a fact. Anyone who would like to put a wager on it not happening I will gladly take all bets.

Carry on internet tough folks.
Old 11-07-2013   #50
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 152954 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love when people quote players that are currently playing for the team. Do you expect them to say anything negative? Really?

Also like that everyone jumps on me when I state the obvious. Matt Schaub and his family will be leaving town ... that is just a fact. Anyone who would like to put a wager on it not happening I will gladly take all bets.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #51
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So Machiavellian Case Keenum is blowing smoke with falsely effusive praise of his predecessor. Well, that's one way to interpret it.

Your words:

Quote:
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him
Do you stick by that intrepetation when considering that Matt had his helmet on to listen to the plays being called, and consulted Keenum between plays? Do you commend Schaub for that, or do you think he was still sulking?

Quote:
... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
Internet tough guy, why don't you keep condoning throwing ice at players.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #52
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-07-2013   #53
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Do you stick by that intrepetation when considering that Matt had his helmet on to listen to the plays being called, and consulted Keenum between plays? Do you commend Schaub for that, or do you think he was still sulking?
You can listen to the plays through a head-set, like Yates does. I stick to my statement.
Old 11-07-2013   #54
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #55
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
After watching MS stand there sulking for two games wearing his helmet on the sideline ... hiding under it, while his team is out there battling for Case in a way they never would have for him ... now I get it. I have never been a Schaub supporter, but also thought the fans were acting foolish for going at him the way they did. I don't anymore. Just want him and his family out of Houston as soon as possible so we can began the process of forgetting we ever had the misfortune of having him here to begin with. Matt Schaub is the definition of a loser.
I don't know what games you're watching... but I'm still watching the Texans lose with Keenum in there. I'm still seeing the defense give up long TD drives. I'm still seeing a lack of pass rush. I'm still seeing dumb penalties by the secondary. I'm still seeing McCain getting picked on in single coverage. I'm still seeing Bullock miss field goals. I'm still seeing poor return coverage by the STs. I'm seeing a running game not as productive with Keenum (mostly due to injuries though). If players are 'battling for Case', unfortunately the outcome is exactly the same, compared to not battling for Schaub.

TBH, if there are players not playing hard because Schaub is at QB, do we really want those players on the team? I want players that give it their all, no matter the situation.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013   #56
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I don't know what games you're watching... but I'm still watching the Texans lose with Keenum in there. I'm still seeing the defense give up long TD drives. I'm still seeing a lack of pass rush. I'm still seeing dumb penalties by the secondary. I'm still seeing McCain getting picked on in single coverage. I'm still seeing Bullock miss field goals. I'm still seeing poor return coverage by the STs. I'm seeing a running game not as productive with Keenum (mostly due to injuries though).

TBH, if there are players not playing hard because Schaub is at QB, do we really want those players on the team? I want players that give it their all, no matter the situation.
Not that the players weren't playing hard necessarily, but just were deflated and discouraged from knowing whatever they did to get the lead, Matt would blow it. When I say battling in a way they didn't for Matt, I am talking about being pumped up to actually have a real opportunity to win. Are there other issues on the team? Sure. But anyone can see the last game that it was a different vibe.
Old 11-07-2013   #57
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's momentum and the Texans had it and were responding as a team to it. That momentum came from Keenum and AJ. When the Colts adjusted and we couldn't keep drives alive the momentum shifted back to the Colts.
Old 11-07-2013   #58
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
It's momentum and the Texans had it and were responding as a team to it. That momentum came from Keenum and AJ. When the Colts adjusted and we couldn't keep drives alive the momentum shifted back to the Colts.
Maybe, but having Cushing tell Smith they needed to get a turnover and score to win the game because "they aint gonna do it", while looking out at the offense, tells me all I need to know about the true support Matt had. C'mon people, the players have to hold the company line, but they aren't idiots. They can see why we were losing the games after having leads, over and over again ...
Old 11-07-2013   #59
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82097 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can listen to the plays through a head-set, like Yates does. I stick to my statement.
Quote:
Maybe, but having Cushing tell Smith they needed to get a turnover and score to win the game because "they aint gonna do it", while looking out at the offense, tells me all I need to know about the true support Matt had. C'mon people, the players have to hold the company line, but they aren't idiots. They can see why we were losing the games after having leads, over and over again ...
I agree with the above.
Old 11-07-2013   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Granted. The Schaub-led offense did nothing to generate momentum.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read