Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2013   #1
Dean1818
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hello from a Colts fan

First off, I want to say that the Texans fans I have encountered have been an excellent bunch.

I attended a game in Houston vs Colts a few years back and I my family thought everyone was classy.

I have attended Colts games in almost half of the NFL stadiums, and I believe that Reliant is my favorite.

Tough game on Sunday. I expected the Colts to play better........ They slid out with a narrow win.

I do think that you have found your QB of the future. After seeing Shaub play this year, who would have thought that an undrafted rookie would be making such an impact?

Either way, you guys have lost some very close games and could easily be 5-3.

I look forward to the renewed rivalry.

Take care.......

Go Colts
Dean1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hello from a Colts fan

grrrrrrrrrrr. At best.
Old 11-05-2013   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

These stealth brag topics are the worst.
"Your team is good" ... "I like your fans" ...
We don't need your pity. No team I despise more than the Colts.
You seem like a nice person, so I'll just let you know that coming around with this after a ridiculous loss that basically has ended our season is not something you're going to make a lot of friends with.
Old 11-05-2013   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we had a FG kicker in the least we would not be seeing this thread because the Colts would have lost.
Old 11-05-2013   #5
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone move this to the trash talk bin. I'm feeling like eating a horse steak.
Old 11-05-2013   #6
Dean1818
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Dean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respectedDean1818 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tough crowd

Anyway .... Good game.

Im sure the game in Indy will be a good one as well

Take care
Old 11-05-2013   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If he had just said, "you're on the right track"...
Old 11-05-2013   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean1818 View Post
Tough crowd
Look, you seem ok, but these kinds of threads are a little tacky in their own passive aggressive way.

I'm sure if you had given it some thought you might have seen the reaction coming.

In some circles we were seen as SB contenders. Here we are at 2-6 after a 2-0 start and we just lost a game we really should have won against a hated divisional foe.

After starting this thread you certainly you didn't think we were going to let you come in here, drink our beer and eat all of our stuff, did you?
Old 11-05-2013   #9
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tough crowd

Anyway .... Good game.

Take care
Not everyone took your post negatively. Thanks for stopping by, and congratulations on a great comeback win.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #10
Dean1818
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

After starting this thread you certainly you didn't think we were going to let you come in here, drink our beer and eat all of our stuff, did you?
Actually on my trip I did have some beers and chow with some Texan fans

I always tailgate and end up sharing beer and food with home town fans even though they wear the "other guys" Jersey. I always am respectful, and have had some excellent tailgates.

A good rivalry is good for everyone.

No slams, no in your face stuff, no put downs from me.......

A close game is always more fun....... And a true rivalry is the best
Old 11-05-2013   #11
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 40580 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tough crowd

Anyway .... Good game.

Take care
Per NFL rules, the Texans aren't allowed to win in Indianapolis. It's been quite clear by the officiating the last two years.
Old 11-05-2013   #12
Kgbmedic
M1 Tanker

Rep Power: 3435 Kgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respectedKgbmedic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Per NFL rules, the Texans aren't allowed to win in Indianapolis. It's been quite clear by the officiating the last two years.
I believe that was the manning rule. Since he is no longer there I don't think it still applies.
Kgbmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Tough crowd

Anyway .... Good game.

Take care
Think "The crazy b!tch finally left." (Oilers). Think "I found a really good chick, and this time it's going to work!" (Texans founded). Think "Crap, I married this?!" (GM Casserly years). Think "The ex wife is now bringing our son (Vince Young) to town every year to kick the new wife's ass, and some of my own kin is cheering him on." Think "Thank God for therapy, she's better now and maybe we really can be happy!" (2010-2012 seasons). Think "Mother of God! She's off her meds and having a major meltdown! Why can't I just be happy?!" (This season).

Welcome to our happy home. Glad you like the tea.

Last edited by Brisco_County; 11-06-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I hope we kill indy next time we play them we need to win at indy
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 245168 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Actually on my trip I did have some beers and chow with some Texan fans

I always tailgate and end up sharing beer and food with home town fans even though they wear the "other guys" Jersey. I always am respectful, and have had some excellent tailgates.

A good rivalry is good for everyone.

No slams, no in your face stuff, no put downs from me.......

A close game is always more fun....... And a true rivalry is the best
We will see you again.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Think "The crazy b!tch finally left." (Oilers). Think "I found a really good chick, and this time it's going to work!" (Texans founded). Think "Crap, I married this?!" (GM Casserly years). Think "The ex wife is now bringing our son (Vince Young) to town every year to kick the new wife's ass, and some of my own kin is cheering him on." Think "Thank God for therapy, she's better now and maybe we really can be happy!" (2010-2012 seasons). Think "Mother of God! She's off her meds and having a major meltdown! Why can't I just be happy?!" (This season).
And yet we keep coming back, so I guess she's good for 'something'
Old 11-06-2013   #17
Dean1818
Rookie

One thing I will point out. I was amazed how well your tackle handled Mathis.

Who in the heck is that guy?

I will also say that I wanted Indy to take the WR from Clemson. He was a beast in College. He will be a star IMHO.

I think a trip to kicker mart, may be the biggest thing you guys need.

(And maybe a DB or two)

Later
Old 11-06-2013   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One thing I will point out. I was amazed how well your tackle handled Mathis.

Who in the heck is that guy?

I will also say that I wanted Indy to take the WR from Clemson. He was a beast in College. He will be a star IMHO.

I think a trip to kicker mart, may be the biggest thing you guys need.

(And maybe a DB or two)

Later
How does it feel to be so lucky to accidentally have your two most terrible seasons in like 20 years at exactly the same time Manning and Luck came out?? Talk about a very very fortunate fanbase. Though Luck is no Manning, and has a lot to prove... Still, must be nice.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #19
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
How does it feel to be so lucky to accidentally have your two most terrible seasons in like 20 years at exactly the same time Manning and Luck came out?? Talk about a very very fortunate fanbase. Though Luck is no Manning, and has a lot to prove... Still, must be nice.

So true for the Colts and their fanbase.

Now Dean1818....Pummel the Titans will ya?
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013   #20
Dean1818
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I feel very fortunate.

Of course, as a long time fan we did put up with stellar QB names like Gary Hogaboom. We traded our future to draft Jeff George. We gave up a ransom for Eric Dickerson. We gave up 2 first round picks for Fredd Young. (Ever heard of that guy?) We drafted so many very 1st round busts, we were the laughing stock of the NFL

We had so many years of C.O.L.T.S. (Count on losing this Sunday)

After STUPID front office moves...... We finally started turning it around..... And yes....... Luck did play a part.

Its almost like we were so bad, for so long, that we "deserve" the luck we are getting today.

Now, to Andrew Luck. He has some room to improve. For whatever reason, the guy just plays better in th 4th quarter. Its almost like he needs more time to warm up.

He isnt a manning, but as he develops more consistency, he can be a great one. His edge over Peyton is on 3rd down. If Peyton didnt find an open guy, we would punt. Luck runs for it and usually makes it.

AND.......If we dont get some real blockers....Luck will be injured soon

I moved to Dallas (hate the cowboys) and do keep an eye on the Texans, when my Colts arent playing.

Good Luck with the rest of the year....... (Just not the Colts game )

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read