Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dre's Recent TD Success - Opinions Wanted

chenjy9

Rookie
So is AJ's recent TD emergence just a fluke or does it really mean that his career was essentially wasted with Schaub under center? As pissed as I was when we went away from a clearly working offense, I still wondered about Dre's performance in the first half. The guy is not getting younger nor did he find a fountain of youth, so was it all just the result of the QB change? Was he always capable of deep strikes into the end zone, but MS simply wasn't capable of delivering a strike? I maybe knee-jerking, but all this time many of us thought of Dre as a incredibly dependable workhorse to move the chains and simply is not a TD type receiver.

silvrhand

All Pro
So is AJ's recent TD emergence just a fluke or does it really mean that his career was essentially wasted with Schaub under center? As pissed as I was when we went away from a clearly working offense, I still wondered about Dre's performance in the first half. The guy is not getting younger nor did he find a fountain of youth, so was it all just the result of the QB change? Was he always capable of deep strikes into the end zone, but MS simply wasn't capable of delivering a strike? I maybe knee-jerking, but all this time many of us thought of Dre as a incredibly dependable workhorse to move the chains and simply is not a TD type receiver.
Matt Schaub has not consistently hit AJ in stride on long balls, which in turn allowed the DB to catch up. So far Mr. Keenum has able to put the ball down the field to let AJ go run under it, which means more touchdowns.

Anyone notice the first touchdown was an out and up on the out route that every corner has been sitting on for weeks. About f'ing time we ran that route.

Vance87

All Pro
1st TD was a splendid double move by AJ.

The other 2 were off-the-cuff great throws by Case.

AJ has always been an exceptional route runner and throws off the best cornerbacks like Richard Sherman for easy completions. He had above average speed in his youth, but his ability to get behind a defender due to his elusiveness and football prowess has always been his strong suit.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
It was 1 game.

But.

With a different QB over the course of his career, AJ's numbers would have been even more impressive. With Schaub at QB, AJ has been a monster. He's put up more 1500 yard seasons than just about anybody and he's caught a ton of balls. He's been VERY productive with Schaub.

QBs make the throws they think they can make, the throws they're comfortable with. Case is willing to go out and take some chances that Matt (and HWWNBN before him) would not take. That ended up with AJ getting three touchdowns on Sunday but that doesn't mean we can expect AJ to keep up that pace or that CASE will be able to get those same opportunities as teams learn more about him and what he can do.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for Larry Fitzgerald. He could have had an insane career, too, if he'd had the right QB.

Rey

I thought it was kind of interesting today when Dre talked about how keenum does things that Matt would have. He talked about how "other qb's" wouldn't have thrown some of those passes, but case puts confidence into guys and has the attitude that his guys are better than yours...

Exascor

Veteran
It was 1 game.

But.

With a different QB over the course of his career, AJ's numbers would have been even more impressive. With Schaub at QB, AJ has been a monster. He's put up more 1500 yard seasons than just about anybody and he's caught a ton of balls. He's been VERY productive with Schaub.

QBs make the throws they think they can make, the throws they're comfortable with. Case is willing to go out and take some chances that Matt (and HWWNBN before him) would not take. That ended up with AJ getting three touchdowns on Sunday but that doesn't mean we can expect AJ to keep up that pace or that CASE will be able to get those same opportunities as teams learn more about him and what he can do.

If you want to feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for Larry Fitzgerald. He could have had an insane career, too, if he'd had the right QB.
Mr Pencil hit the nail on the head.

chenjy9

Rookie
It was 1 game.

But.

I definitely understand that as a single game, it is too small a sample size to take away anything valid. I very well might be knee jerking here. It still confuses me though that while AJ has been a reception and yardage monster for a healthy Schaub and even HWWNBN, he never was an end zone threat. Still, I can't help but wonder at the same time, was this capability always there and Schaub was simply too incompetent or did Case just get incredibly lucky/hot against the Colts. I personally think/hope this trend of getting AJ into the end zone will continue, because I am really high on Case as he made Jean look competent in the preseason.

PS
Don't feel for Larry at all. :D I feel for AJ though because he represents the Texans team much like Hakeem did for the Rockets.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
QB play, no doubt about it!

Teams can try to adjust; Keenum was never about one or two guys.

He will try to find a way to attack the defense; acting, instead of reacting.

Rey

It was 1 game.

But.

You were a huge Schaub guy so I'm not surprised you'd sugar coat it.

Anyway you slice it Schaub has limited the potential of the offense, more specifically Dre. He wasn't terrible, but some of these criticisms that people had all along but were labeled stupid or haters or ignorant or whatever are now on full display. Not only that, but the players are now coming out and saying as much.

Players like Dre don't come along very often. Think about it. He can do everything. Big, strong, fast...hard working, dedicated, not a diva, and extremely loyal.

Give him a better qb and we could be maybe be talking about at least a one time world champ and all time leader in many categories. A no brainier hall of famer. A guy that could maybe have surpassed rice as the greatest WR ever. One of the greatest to ever play any position period.

If he had a better qb for most of his duration here. Yeah Dre has done pretty good anyways but the point is that he could have been better.

And Schaub possessed no special skills. He was chad Pennington in a great system with a beast WR. Actually, Pennington probably would've been better here. More moxy.

I don't care if case can keep doing what he's done or not and really it's not even relevant. The texans organization has been extremely fortunate with Andre and I think they should have tried harder to find a qb to match his skillet. A qb that could elevate his game and not always the other way around.

texanhead08

All Pro
I thought it was kind of interesting today when Dre talked about how keenum does things that Matt would have. He talked about how "other qb's" wouldn't have thrown some of those passes, but case puts confidence into guys and has the attitude that his guys are better than yours...

Dan Fouts was doing a UH back during Keenum's sophmore year and Case completed a pass for a touchdown with 2 guys covering the WR. Fouts said thats not a bad throw that sometimes you just have to trust your guy will win the battle.

kingtexan

All Pro
Andre may be in the running for every receiving record in the history of the NFL if he wouldn't have been stuck with Carr and Schaub. That being said his career hasn't been wasted, just not what it might have been with a legitimate true NFL quarterback throwing his way.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
You were a huge Schaub guy so I'm not surprised you'd sugar coat it.

Anyway you slice it Schaub has limited the potential of the offense, more specifically Dre. He wasn't terrible, but some of these criticisms that people had all along but were labeled stupid or haters or ignorant or whatever are now on full display. Not only that, but the players are now coming out and saying as much.

Players like Dre don't come along very often. Think about it. He can do everything. Big, strong, fast...hard working, dedicated, not a diva, and extremely loyal.

Give him a better qb and we could be maybe be talking about at least a one time world champ and all time leader in many categories. A no brainier hall of famer. A guy that could maybe have surpassed rice as the greatest WR ever. One of the greatest to ever play any position period.

If he had a better qb for most of his duration here. Yeah Dre has done pretty good anyways but the point is that he could have been better.

And Schaub possessed no special skills. He was chad Pennington in a great system with a beast WR. Actually, Pennington probably would've been better here. More moxy.

I don't care if case can keep doing what he's done or not and really it's not even relevant. The texans organization has been extremely fortunate with Andre and I think they should have tried harder to find a qb to match his skillet. A qb that could elevate his game and not always the other way around.
I still think that Schaub didn't get as much credit as he deserved for how well he operated this offense when he was in his prime. And I think in his prime, he could have taken this team to a SB and won it.

He was not an elite QB but he was as good as Flacco, just in totally different ways.

I didn't expect Schaub to crash and burn and go from being a very serviceable QB to being a scrub as quickly as he has. I'll admit that. I expected him to be able to play his way out of this funk he's been in recently and I was wrong about that.

But to the original question, Andre paired with someone like a Brady, Brees, or Peyton would have destroyed all of Jerry Rice's records. He would have been a TD scoring machine and he still could turn into a TD scoring machine. Schaub has never been confused as being one of those guys even at his peak and it's a little early to think that Case will be one of those guys (although it's fun to hope he will.)

Scooter

Funky
TD 1 - matt throws a nice enough pass that dre has to wait on, and gets tackled at the 8 yard line.

TD 2 - matt throws it away after backing away to his right. no way he even attempts to throw that pass and no way he can hit that window.

TD 3 - matt spikes it, we either run, play-action to a tightend or we kick a fieldgoal.

i heard that andre has never had a 3 touchdown game before and that doesnt surprise me. he hasnt had a quarterback that can throw touchdowns without being schemed into it. keenum can lead his receivers. he can throw it to space and let his receiver hunt it down. and he's not afraid to trust his receivers such as the jump ball to hopkins.

RTP2110

All Pro
AJ didn't just now figure out how to catch TD's; he's doing the same things he's always done. I have no doubts his low TD totals have been due to the system and QB play.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I have to wonder if Jerry Rice would have been JERRY RICE G.O.A.T. if he didn't have two HoF QBs throwing the ball to him for the majority of his career.

Sure, the dude would have been elite on any team. But take that talent and put it on a team with Joe Montana and Steve Young, and it takes it out of this world.

Think if AJ had Manning or Brady throwing the ball to him for the past 10 years. How many Super Bowl rings and mentions of first ballot HoF would he have now?

He's that kind of special talent. Unfortunately, he was the only special talent this franchise had for too many years of his career.

Wolf

100% Texan
I have to wonder if Jerry Rice would have been JERRY RICE G.O.A.T. if he didn't have two HoF QBs throwing the ball to him for the majority of his career.

Sure, the dude would have been elite on any team. But take that talent and put it on a team with Joe Montana and Steve Young, and it takes it out of this world.

Think if AJ had Manning or Brady throwing the ball to him for the past 10 years. How many Super Bowl rings and mentions of first ballot HoF would he have now?

He's that kind of special talent. Unfortunately, he was the only special talent this franchise had for too many years of his career.

Yep DB. Kinda like emmit smith and that cowboys offensive line...think if earl ran behind that line

eriadoc

Texan-American
I think Keenum made it clear the other night that AJ hasn't been the problem. The team never threw to AJ in the end zone, but AJ proved the other night that he is just as effective there as anywhere else on the field, even 11 years into his career. The team did throw bombs to him on double moves, but Schaub didn't have the arm to get it to him in stride. We've all said it for years. All you had to do was watch AJ slow up and catch a 40 yard pass and then get tackled. Whenever I brought it up, there was always someone there to dismiss the idea that Schaub arm strength was an issue. Well, Keenum hit AJ in stride on the same routes and you didn't see AJ slowing up for the ball and the defenders never caught him.

So yeah, AJ's career has been largely wasted to this point.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
AJ has always had yards and catches. He just tied for 2nd fastest to 12K yds.
The big play that is missing from AJ's career resume is the 5 yd TD pass to AJ. THAT is where Carr, Schaub and Kubiak have failed AJ's career stats and, potentially, their own career stats. AJ simply isn't targeted regularly in the red zone with Schaub as QB and Kubiak as HC. IMHO, that's more on the latter. Kubiak prefers to hit TE's or run the ball.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
AJ has TIME to make double-moves now because Keenum is creating time by moving around behind the LOS. Schaub never created extra time for his receivers to get open. He needed quick little receivers to get open sooner for shorter passes, or a TE with LBs covering him. How often has Schaub even waited and stayed on his feet long enough for AJ to make a double-move and run at least half the length of the field? If the receivers don't have time to get open, it doesn't even matter if you can throw the pass or not.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
AJ has TIME to make double-moves now because Keenum is creating time by moving around behind the LOS. Schaub never created extra time for his receivers to get open. He needed quick little receivers to get open sooner for shorter passes, or a TE with LBs covering him. How often has Schaub even waited and stayed on his feet long enough for AJ to make a double-move and run at least half the length of the field? If the receivers don't have time to get open, it doesn't even matter if you can throw the pass or not.
Schaub is the Texans version of Warren Moon? I ask because the Oiler's didn't use TE's in the R&S.

TejasTom

All Pro
On the player's show on 610 this morning AJ said he gave Case the signal for the fake spike and Case gave him the nod.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I like the fact that Case Keenum isn't afraid to throw the ball up for AJ to make a play!!

I like that, I LIKE THAT A LOT!!!!!

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
So is AJ's recent TD emergence just a fluke or does it really mean that his career was essentially wasted with Schaub under center?...
His career numbers have been truncated by having David Carr and Schaub as QBs. Had AJ had Brady/Brees/Farve/Rogers/Montana/Manning as QBs his name would be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry Rice. I firmly believe that... that he was/is that good.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
His career numbers have been truncated by having David Carr and Schaub as QBs. Had AJ had Brady/Brees/Farve/Rogers/Montana/Manning as QBs his name would be mentioned in the same breath as Jerry Rice. I firmly believe that... that he was/is that good.
His TD numbers have been truncated. AJ has very good career yardage numbers. It;s TD numbers that elude him. Maybe a few years with Keenum will remove that stigma.

Naija Texan

Waterboy
QBs have different strengths and weaknesses, one of Case's just happens to be deep passes especially when given time due to him being elusive against normal or standard pass rushes.

At this point, unless AJ suddenly starts getting multiple TDs per game and ends this horrific season with more TDs then he has ever had (I think his high has been 7 or 8 in a season) it is of minor note and fans shouldn't torture themselves thinking about what ifs, except probably more adding fuel on the cut Schaub bonfire.

eriadoc

Texan-American
AJ has TIME to make double-moves now because Keenum is creating time by moving around behind the LOS. Schaub never created extra time for his receivers to get open.
Nah. Before his Lisfranc injury, Schaub hit AJ downfield regularly. He just underthrew the ball and AJ had to slow up, which led to him getting tackled as soon as he caught the ball. Schaub to AJ has resulted in a better than average number of long passes. It's just that Schaub has cost the team (and AJ) some TDs on those plays by underthrowing the ball. Furthermore, he doesn't target AJ in the end zone like Keenum did on the fake spike play. That has cost the team (and AJ) some TDs as well. But the kickers got lots of extra FGs out of it, so yay?

ThaJokaa

True Texans Fan
On the player's show on 610 this morning AJ said he gave Case the signal for the fake spike and Case gave him the nod.
And not only that, but AJ unintentionally threw Matt under the bus when he said Keenum allowes his WRs to go up and make the catch, while other QBs would just settle for they got and Case kind of just takes it. (I'm Paraphrasing)

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
And not only that, but AJ unintentionally threw Matt under the bus when he said Keenum allowes his WRs to go up and make the catch, while other QBs would just settle for they got and Case kind of just takes it. (I'm Paraphrasing)
Was there anything untruthful about what AJ said? I have no problem with the truth, no matter the form it comes in.

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
AJ has TIME to make double-moves now because Keenum is creating time by moving around behind the LOS. Schaub never created extra time for his receivers to get open. He needed quick little receivers to get open sooner for shorter passes, or a TE with LBs covering him.

AJ has regularly been using double moves for years.

When have the Texans significantly utilized a quick little WR? To the contrary big ol' AJ has led the league in receiving (with no #2 WR) twice

His TD numbers are low. Everything else under Schaub is as high as you could reasonably hope for. AJ has averaged 96.6 ypg with Schaub (actually that is the Schaub era and so includes stretches when Schaub was injured or he would be over 100 ypg). For comparison CJ over the same time period has averaged 87.4 ypg. I use them because together the have led the league in 4 of the 6 completed seasons during that time period. The others are 2007 & 2010 in which AJ led in ypg but missed time.

IMO the rumors of AJ's demise and the pitter patter of lost steps are greatly exaggerated.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
its cuz case runs around in the pocket giving Andre more time has a DB trying to cover for 5 or 6 more seconds is kinda tough

bhsman

Rookie
People seem to forget Schaub and 'Dre having career years in 2008 and 2009. It's where the other two 1500 years come from when they mention AJ having three, y'know. :smiliepalm: If Schaub hadn't been injured in 2011, who knows where we would be, but it would be a mistake to just throw out Schaub without acknowledging the part he played in 'Dre's career.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
scahub back then knew how to read Def and pick them apart

he liked to use his Tight ends alot to straight Torch Defenses and also the run game was on and play action was on but this was like 3 years ago im saying

3 years ago we ran the ball alot and no team could stop us they knew the run was coming and still they couldn't stop US

and just when the crowded the box to stop us Matt would torch them with OD

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I maybe knee-jerking, but all this time many of us thought of Dre as a incredibly dependable workhorse to move the chains and simply is not a TD type receiver.
Before hating Schaub was cool there were several of us saying that Schaub cost us many a touchdown by underthrowing Aj when he was wide open, giving the DBs time to recover.

That's what started the whole underthrowing on purpose thing. Schaub says it makes for a more catchable ball & in a way it makes sense. If you overthrow a guy, it's a wasted down. But if you underthrow it, provided the receiver locates it, it's much easier to adjust to.

But to do it as consistently as Schaub did, after working with the guy for 6 years... really makes you question his sanity.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It was 1 game.

But.

Good points. Case doesn't know any better. David Carr was a badass too at one time. A gunslinger. But they beat that crap out of him. He never had a game like Case had Sunday, but he had moxie, he had no reservations about throwing the ball... it just didn't last.

& that's the real question about Keenum, Luck, RG3, Wilson... how long can they keep it up? Look at Stafford & Newton... Those guys have put up some pretty good numbers last year, but failed to meet expectations & people (some people) are already treating them as after thoughts.

Scooter

Funky
Before hating Schaub was cool there were several of us saying that Schaub cost us many a touchdown by underthrowing Aj when he was wide open, giving the DBs time to recover.

That's what started the whole underthrowing on purpose thing. Schaub says it makes for a more catchable ball & in a way it makes sense. If you overthrow a guy, it's a wasted down. But if you underthrow it, provided the receiver locates it, it's much easier to adjust to.

But to do it as consistently as Schaub did, after working with the guy for 6 years... really makes you question his sanity.
i question his touch more than his sanity. i do think schaub erred on the side of caution, but schaub's a chuck it quarterback. he aims for the ceiling and tries to drop it on a somewhat predetermined spot. it's all well and good because he completes the pass and moves the ball, and i've defended him for doing it. that's the extent of schaub's ability though, aim for the spot. kubiak then had to work overtime to turn those nice plays without a finish into manufactured points, something more difficult than it would seem.

case as we've seen all through preseason and now these last two games has the accuracy to throw it to space instead of at the receiver. everyone here took notice that the YAC skyrocketed with keenum. normal everyday passes somehow turned into catch and runs. money says andre had more YAC against the colts than he did each other game combined. posey takes a simple curl for an extra 20 yards. it's a constant that receivers are able to transition quickly into runners instead of lowering their heads for the hit. it's also already lead to a career day for andre despite being "past his prime".

HJam72

Hall of Fame
In answer to some of the questions, maybe I'm just thinking more of the problems this year. AJ did do the double-moves in the past, but Schaub also had better protection in the past.

My comment about the TEs was pointing out that Schaub likes to hit the TEs, not that he doesn't like to--the idea being that he targets Daniels more than AJ, especially in the red-zone.

Along the same lines, I was saying that Schaub might have preferred quick, small WRs, not that we have actually used them.

My main point to it all was that Schaub (this year, anyway, because I was apparently forgetting a lot of the past) needed guys to get open quick because he can't create extra time with his feet. This has been exacerbated by poor O-Line protection: Brown has been slow, Smith is really not what he used to be, & the right side of the line is just....in rebuilding mode...

Rey

I just heard part of yesterday's interview again, and Dre said that they have a signal for that fake spike fade. He said he gave the signal to case and it's up to the qb whether they want to throw it or not. He said case have him a nod back and gave him a chance to catch the ball.

Part of Schaub's limitations is why Ive been hesitant to just say get rid of kubiak. I think he's an excellent offensive mind. He's not without fault, but I like that this offense was able to put up great numbers with Schaub at qb because Schaub is a pretty limited player and always has been.

For me, whether keenum is the guy moving forward is not relevant. I think he's done enough in two games to show what this offense could look like with a "different" kind of qb.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I just heard part of yesterday's interview again, and Dre said that they have a signal for that fake spike fade. He said he gave the signal to case and it's up to the qb whether they want to throw it or not. He said case have him a nod back and gave him a chance to catch the ball.

Part of Schaub's limitations is why Ive been hesitant to just say get rid of kubiak. I think he's an excellent offensive mind. He's not without fault, but I like that this offense was able to put up great numbers with Schaub at qb because Schaub is a pretty limited player and always has been.

For me, whether keenum is the guy moving forward is not relevant. I think he's done enough in two games to show what this offense could look like with a "different" kind of qb.
I don't it matters what kind of offense they put in there.
Now that we've seen Keenum operating successfully from under center for a majority part of the game, we can say with confident that he's not a system QB.

Offenses can run the PA from under center or in shotgun, or in pistol, etc.

At any rate, here's a look at some more of Keenum's throws.
He does make the job of the O-linemen easier with his mobility, his quick decision making and release.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1836516-is-case-keenums-breakout-performance-a-sign-of-things-to-come

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
IMO the rumors of AJ's demise and the pitter patter of lost steps are greatly exaggerated.
Preaching to the choir. I posted this in another AJ topic:
...here's AJ's rankings amongst WRs by PFF the last 5 years:

2008: 2nd/111
2009: 4th/107
2010: 3rd/111
2011: 30th/115 (only played ~1/3 of usual snaps)
2012: 1st/105

He's rated 3rd/107 in 2013 YTD*.
But I'm always hearing arguments against Xxxxx Xxxxx player for the Hall of Fame because he didn't have Xxx traditional stat, and his career receiving TDs are unusually low comparatively. I expect that someone -- guessing somebody like Cris Carter -- will argue against AJ for the HOF because of his TDs ranking (76th).

*Now rated 1st/110 WRs.

Dread-Head

Hall of Fame
AJ is a future hall of famer. Think about it, the man made DAVID CARR look good. Schaub would hit a tight end before throwing one to AJ.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
Was there anything untruthful about what AJ said? I have no problem with the truth, no matter the form it comes in.
Case has more confidence in his players . Why ... that's what they did at UH . He's not afraid to let his WRs play , which is good when you have an alltime great . The other two liked to throw to a guy , in a spot , not moving . Case's 2nd touchdown , he threw it before AJ was open , to a spot where AJ could go get it . He put a lot of air under that ball which Carr couldn't do IMO , cause of hiis bad mechanics , and Schaub doesn't have the arm.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Case has more confidence in his players . Why ... that's what they did at UH . He's not afraid to let his WRs play , which is good when you have an alltime great . The other two liked to throw to a guy , in a spot , not moving . Case's 2nd touchdown , he threw it before AJ was open , to a spot where AJ could go get it . He put a lot of air under that ball which Carr couldn't do IMO , cause he of hiis mechanics , and Schaub doesn't have the arm.
I shudder to think what the outcome of the game would have been like with Schaub in there last week?

Just Imagine the Reliant crowd.
I'm sure there would have been more jersey burning.
What a scary thought

GuerillaBlack

Hall of Fame
I think Keenum made it clear the other night that AJ hasn't been the problem. The team never threw to AJ in the end zone, but AJ proved the other night that he is just as effective there as anywhere else on the field, even 11 years into his career. The team did throw bombs to him on double moves, but Schaub didn't have the arm to get it to him in stride. We've all said it for years. All you had to do was watch AJ slow up and catch a 40 yard pass and then get tackled. Whenever I brought it up, there was always someone there to dismiss the idea that Schaub arm strength was an issue. Well, Keenum hit AJ in stride on the same routes and you didn't see AJ slowing up for the ball and the defenders never caught him.

So yeah, AJ's career has been largely wasted to this point.
I feel bad for him. Took him so long to get a legit starting NFL QB and not a backup in a starter's role.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
I shudder to think what the outcome of the game would have been like with Schaub in there last week?

Just Imagine the Reliant crowd.
I'm sure there would have been more jersey burning.
What a scary thought
IMO ... part of Kubiak's issues came from the crowd chanting KEENUM KEENUM KEENUM after each big play . Why ... Kubiak is a good guy and I think he stressed for Schaub because he knew that meant Schaub was toast and embarrassed . I think he also realized that he had screwed up staying with Schaub and TJ so long.